Gaming Games that can "Save" Vita!!

aofelix

Trophies
XP
Country
Sony's direction and dedication for the Vita was just all wrong in hindsight.

The lack of double triggers or clickable analogues, and that very horrible trackpad on the back... these are all QA things which should have been sorted in testing. Add in a really bad unvaried launch year and you se

CathyRina

Digimon Tamer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
As for Sony's next portable... Don't get your hopes up. :cry: Sony more or less indirectly stated they don't plan to make one. And that's a real shame... Dear goodness, I would give a LOT for Bloodborne: Fear the Old Blood Edition or something like that as a launch title for a Vita successor...
This article is from back when Andrew House was still leading the charge and he's rather infamous for hating on Portable gaming. I still have some hope left that we might see a hybrid Sony console at some point. The Switch's popularity is proof enough that there is money to be made there.

Sony's direction and dedication for the Vita was just all wrong in hindsight.

The lack of double triggers or clickable analogues, and that very horrible trackpad on the back... these are all QA things which should have been sorted in testing. Add in a really bad unvaried launch year and you se
I think what broke Vita's spine was definitely the lackluster Launch lineup. If sony made an exclusivity deal with capcom for the Monster hunter franchise and we'd have Monster hunter portable 4th on Vita launch this thing would sell like crazy in Japan. and I'm actually fine with the lackluster input methods but it definitely hinders a lot of games & remote play usefullness, to the point where I actually prefer remote playing on my Vita with the Dual shock 4 plugin enabled.

Reactions: TripleSMoon

FinalStrike

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I want Major stuff , thats what fans want .
Unlike PSP , Vita's original games are crap.
Look :
Call of Duty Declassified = Epic Fail
Resistance Burning Skies = Epic Fail
Assassin's Creed Liberation = Okay ... But We would love if we could play AC3 or AC4
Dood I mean if you pick out the bad ones ofc. Teraway, Gravity Rush, Freedom Wars all of these are the og IPs that came over to PS4 because people realized how great they are. Most of the games that are ports or sequel or whatever aren't very Western friendly.

Haseeb_BSAA

Game Developer
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Pakistan
Vita is surprisingly still chugging along, in its own small way. It survives through niche Japanese titles and indie games. Maybe this is just me, but it feels like Vita started getting even MORE indies after Switch came out, with devs figuring they may as well make a Vita version as long as they're making a handheld-friendly version for Switch, anyway. Vita is also a regular subject of physical prints on LRG, which is great (though that'll sadly end soon enough, since Sony is ceasing physical Vita cartridge production at the end of the year).

As for Sony's next portable... Don't get your hopes up. :cry: Sony more or less indirectly stated they don't plan to make one. And that's a real shame... Dear goodness, I would give a LOT for Bloodborne: Fear the Old Blood Edition or something like that as a launch title for a Vita successor...
Ah that's sad.. I always loved Portable consoles, prefer them over the regular ones. But yeah as the other guy pointed out that Nintendo Switch's success might give them a way to launch a new portable console, lets see.

Condarkness_XY

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ah that's sad.. I always loved Portable consoles, prefer them over the regular ones. But yeah as the other guy pointed out that Nintendo Switch's success might give them a way to launch a new portable console, lets see.

They need to do it right though. Remember the move controllers? They went off of Nintendo's success without understanding why it worked in the first place. It ended up not being a success.

FinalStrike

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think that doing it right is simply marketing the fuck out of it. The reason I saw the potential of vita is not because of the hype around it but rather the hardware that was going inside it. Having such powerful hardware opens up so much for the developer. Too bad barely anyone took advantage of it

lavitz13

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
A little bit satisfied? When I got my Vita almost 2 years ago for Persona 4 The Golden I was highly satisfied, that game alone was worth the investment. Games like Tearaway, Final Fantasy X & X-2 HD, Uncharted: Golden Abyss, Rayman Origins, Danganronpa 1 and 2, Dead Or Alive 5+, Gravity Rush and Disgaea 3 and 4 have been icing on the cake.

Upcoming games like Persona 4: Dancing All Night, Project Diva F 2nd, Freedom Wars and Tales of Hearts R also seems to be awesome.

Though the Vita can be more, it's still a great system delivering some really great experiences, even though Persona 4 The Golden is the best one. It's just about the digging and trying out some new and obscure games.
i agree but i hope there is persona 5 i want it so bad in my vita

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: @K3Nv2 you have a series S don't you? Any complaints or issues?