Gaming Games that you HATE the most

DragonMals

6th-7th Gen Retro Gaming Entusiast
Trophies
Country
United States
the legend of dark witch

Edit: I have more games that I dislike than this one. Although the above is a special case, I hate most popular modern video games.

Last edited by DragonMals,
  • Sad
Reactions: AncientBoi

Deleted member 194275

Edson Arantes do Nascimento
Trophies
XP
Kid Icarus for the 3DS.

I played a lot the original when I was a little boy, and the trailers for the 3DS release were awesome, so I was ultra hyped. I did a huge effort to import that thing, it arrived weeks after the release and everybody were praising the game.

Then I played... ugh... disgusting. An easy on rails shooter with a annoying narrator (even more annoying than navi from zelda), with most lame jokes ever and a weak story guiding the "action".

There is a plot twist midway through, when the narrator character become unavailable, but it is not a solution as the fucking game find a way to put another boring narrator in her place. No game ever annoyed me that much.

(pro tip, you can disable the narration, but only if you beat the game, witch is something you should never ever do).

The only good thing about this game is the fact that the weaboos love it, so now it is very expansive, so when I need the money, at least I'll get a monetary reward to keep that turd stored in my wardrobe.

_47iscool

Noticer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
FF (boring)
GTA (overrated)
COD (overrated)

I prefer action RPG's like:
Oblivion, Skyrim, Ocarina of Time, and Twilight Princess to name a few.

Also racing games like GT and Forza.

Reactions: dudeguy2022

SDA

Wanderin' Jelly Boy
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Kid Icarus for the 3DS.

I played a lot the original when I was a little boy, and the trailers for the 3DS release were awesome, so I was ultra hyped. I did a huge effort to import that thing, it arrived weeks after the release and everybody were praising the game.

Then I played... ugh... disgusting. An easy on rails shooter with a annoying narrator (even more annoying than navi from zelda), with most lame jokes ever and a weak story guiding the "action".

There is a plot twist midway through, when the narrator character become unavailable, but it is not a solution as the fucking game find a way to put another boring narrator in her place. No game ever annoyed me that much.

(pro tip, you can disable the narration, but only if you beat the game, witch is something you should never ever do).

The only good thing about this game is the fact that the weaboos love it, so now it is very expansive, so when I need the money, at least I'll get a monetary reward to keep that turd stored in my wardrobe.
No wonder why we didn't get any more Kid Icarus games since then.
Also, I'm not a fan of Pit.

AkikoKumagara

The Coolest Bear Around
Trophies
Website
thebearsden.web.fc2.com
XP
Country
United States
Zelda II [NES/FC] - Took nothing great from the original game, and also feels punishing but not rewarding. I just don't like it.

Super Mario Bros. 2 (Super Mario USA) [NES/FC] - This is not a Mario game. It's not the worst, but Japan's Super Mario Bros. 2 is so much better.

Red Dead Online [Steam] - One of those games where my entire opinion of it is based on my initial experience. I purchased the standalone on Steam, hopped on and kept getting spawn killed repeatedly. There was no game here, just dying immediately and endlessly. This isn't fun. I refunded it.

Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex - First Assault Online [Steam] - This one's a special case. The game was really fun to play and pretty good overall. The problem is there were issues with the game on some internet connections (including the one in a home I moved into during this game's short, active lifespan) that were never resolved and rendered the game unplayable. I only got a couple hours of actual play out of it and spent several hours trying to troubleshoot with Nexon about the connectivity issues, and because of that I was unable to refund my purchase despite explaining that my "playtime" wasn't even actually playing the game. I guess I'm equally mad that the game got taken offline so quickly and that I didn't get a refund from Steam. Game itself is cool and has some community hosted servers, but isn't very active.

Donkey Kong 2/Donkey Kong 3 [NES/FC] - Another "this just isn't fun" thing for me. It's probably because they don't live up to the original's simplicity/fun factor for me. Sometimes, less is more. Donkey Kong '94 for Game Boy was a good return to form and feels more like the original with some cool additions and a shift towards puzzle platforming which is cool.

Yu-Gi-Oh! Destiny Board Traveler [GBA] - Why does this exist? Such a lame spin-off. This game is just bad. You might have fun for 20 minutes with this one then be happy never touching it again, I know that's how I feel.

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
Well not exactly hate but just don't care for is, RTS-type games. Same for sims (like the Sims).
I too have a great distain for these. Like Civilization, C&C, StarCraft, etc.

I also couldn't get into Chrono Trigger. I love my JRPGs, but that one I just couldn't stay interested in.
(I also despise anything designed by Akira Toriyama, like Chrono Trigger's characters, Dragonball, etc. Everyone looks inbred, and drawn extremely cheaply with no shading.)

Not a fan of shooter/action grind-a-thons either, like Destiny 1 & 2 or Genshin Impact. They still feel like gacha games, just scaled up for the PC.

I really wanted to give Silent Hill 4: The Room a real try... As people loved it on the consoles back in the day... So I got the PC version sometime in the late 2000's and man, the PC port was utter trash. All the in-game textures were like N64-levels of blurry, and the character model textures were like super HD and looked "crunchy" It's hard to describe it in any other way.

And the last game on my list is The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask. I keep getting lost in the stupid town at the beginning of the game and run out of "moon crashing down" time, and die. So fuck that game on a personal level.

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
(I also despise anything designed by Akira Toriyama, like Chrono Trigger's characters, Dragonball, etc. Everyone looks inbred, and drawn extremely cheaply with no shading.)
I agreed with you until ^this. Tastes differ i guess.. 🤷🏻‍♂️

AncientBoi

THEE GAY WARLORD™ - Defender of GAY Rights
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I too have a great distain for these. Like Civilization, C&C, StarCraft, etc.

I also couldn't get into Chrono Trigger. I love my JRPGs, but that one I just couldn't stay interested in.

Not a fan of shooter/action grind-a-thons either, like Destiny 1 & 2 or Genshin Impact. They still feel like gacha games, just scaled up for the PC.

I really wanted to give Silent Hill 4: The Room a real try... As people loved it on the consoles back in the day... So I got the PC version sometime in the late 2000's and man, the PC port was utter trash. All the in-game textures were like N64-levels of blurry, and the character model textures were like super HD and looked "crunchy" It's hard to describe it in any other way.

And the last game on my list is The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask. I keep getting lost in the stupid town at the beginning of the game and run out of "moon crashing down" time, and die. So fuck that game on a personal level.

:O [reports you to @Noctosphere ] [accidently of course] :)

Noctosphere

Nova's Guardian
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
:O [reports you to @Noctosphere ] [accidently of course] :)
im-out-2.gif

• Sad

Haymose

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I remember being incredibly irritated by Bloodborne when it first launched. They improved it slightly with updates but I remember getting items and not knowing what they were used for because the game would not explain anything.

jeffyTheHomebrewer

Neato Burrito!
Trophies
Website
catboybeebop.neocities.org
XP
Country
United States
I could very easily go on a long-winded rant about Changed, a game that not only traumatized me but is also badly thrown together and poorly thought out, at least in my opinion as someone who'd only ever played through the first ~45 minutes of the RPGmaker original version.
If I ever try to play the "special" version/remake out of morbid curiosity, take out the emergency shotgun and put me out of my misery.
With that aside, it's hard to think of a game besides that that'd be worthy of mentioning here. Like. I haven't played anything before OR since that's made me so upset. Moreso disturbed but trust me, it's got enough bullshit artificial difficulty to make even the AVGN realize it's not worth it.
I guess some of the caves in Pikmin 2 were kinda bullshit, I guess. But not even the water wraith is as rage-inducing as... as.. I can't even name that thing. I could, but I don't want to.
Chibi-Robo Zip Lash was actually pretty good besides the shitty level roulette thing...
Sucks that every major console needs you to pay for online multiplayer....
Shit. I just can't even think of any games to mention here. I honestly feel a bit bad about it.
Like, sure, there's games that *are* arguably worse in one way or another, like Meme Run on Wii U, but.. combining art, music, gameplay, story, etc.. You would *really* have to try and do a worse job than what DragoSnow did with Changed. Like. If you actively tried to make something worse than that, I feel like it's just wrap around to being funny if anything, rather than depressing at how it's a wasted opportunity. Something that could have been actually interesting and fun, but instead turned out to only be morbidly interesting in just how it gets worse and worse the more you try to comprehend it. It's a goddamned fucking cognitohazard.

Not to mention how I had to go into the Windows Registry myself to fully remove it since Steam is lazy with uninstalls...
Like. Maybe it's the fact that it's traumatized me but I genuinely cannot think of any game I could personally loathe any more. Sure, there's probably worse games out there, such as "rape day" which was thankfully cancelled, but this thread is about games we personally hate the most. Not what games are the absolute worst in an objective sense.
Changed is genuinely, and I mean genuinely, the only game that I can call the worst game of all time. Nothing could get lower than it. It's so bottom of the barrel that it's not even in the barrel. It's the wet leaked dirty water underneath the barrel.
I hope it becomes lost media without a trace. I know that's unlikely but I still hope for that.
Or at least for it to be unlisted from Steam.
Post automatically merged:

Then again, I guess I DID just go on a bit of a long-winded rant there, huh?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    realtimesave @ realtimesave: hi