Gary Bowser, of Team Xecuter infamy, has been released from jail

hadsujkjjkjkjkjkjkjj.png

The latest update to the ongoing Gary Bowser situation is a rather major one. After being extradited and arrested, the Team Xecuter member was slapped with a $10 million dollar fine, and then taken to trial, where he was sentenced to over 3 years in prison. Bowser, also known online as GaryOPA, was set to serve his 40-month sentence in a US federal prison, but he and his lawyer argued for an early release. As of March 28th, Bowser has indeed been released from prison, though he is still at a detention facility, where he is awaiting transport back to Canada.

A video interview with Bowser offers some insight as to his experiences, including the fact that he has had no contact with any of the other TX members who have evaded capture. Despite having to pay a $10 million fine as a result of a civil suit, on top of another $4.5 million fine for circumventing devices illegally, Bowser has worked while in prison, earning enough to pay $175.00 of that 14,500,000.00 total. As a consequence, any job that Bowser gets after getting back to Canada will garnish his wages and send them to Nintendo, to the tune of about a third of his income, likely for the rest of his life.

:arrow: Source

chrisrlink

Has a PhD in dueling
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lol if it was me they wouldn't see a damn dime (Socal security cant be used for collecting in lawsuits or criminal fines) I'd make sure to send them turd brownies from prison though

Lazyboss

Trophies
XP
Country
United Arab Emirates
That's how the USA works, corporations get the privileges, individuals don't.
No wonder why the crime percentage is increasing, this guy will not have a chance to live as an honest man anymore because a big criminal organization like nintendo will haunt him, he have no choice now but to earn his income from under the table.

subcon959

@!#?@!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I do feel bad for him, but at the same time what was he thinking living it up in the Caribbean instead of a non-extraditing country like China or Russia.

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I do feel bad for him, but at the same time what was he thinking living it up in the Caribbean instead of a non-extraditing country like China or Russia.
It depends. I heard con businessman who flew to Brazil so they couldn't be extradited, but if they were U.S. citizens they'd pay for being the shitbags they are, as a treaty exists.

https://web.archive.org/web/2023011...ices/assistance-u-s-citizens-arrested-brazil/

Using the default link ends up on a 404 error page for some reason. Treaty has been canceled?

https://br.usembassy.gov/u-s-citizen-services/assistance-u-s-citizens-arrested-brazil/

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nqw6t28P9po