Gateway 3DS, News and Information

mkdms14

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well I guess its a step in the right direction still far away from a working 3ds flash card that does home-brew.

stephysanrio

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And you guys are willing to brick your system? The blue card doesn't sound right...
There's not much info either, I wouldn't trust running something I know nothing about

Just saying
Either way I have 5x... :( got a 3ds recently for this card and that's the version it came with. What a fail.

tHciNc

Total Random
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Obviously the blue card does some sort of exploit to prepare the 3ds, weird its not in actual "red" card, what would be the point, as wouldnt the exploit be 3ds based. not any other mode, are new 3ds XL shipped with 5.X yet or still 4.5 ??

enarky

owls?
Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
So glad they're finally coming through with some info. With the 3DSBrew exploit now obviously in the wild I hope someone will be able to write a loader from SD card for all us who didn't upgrade from 4.5 (really, what did you people expect??).

BORODA

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Till the last moment I was hoping that this is not exploit based and it's something based on 1:1 copy of the card. But meh...

fvig2001

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
All of a sudden I don't regret owning 2 3DS XLs that I bought mostly out of impulse. Hope I don't end up with 2 Wii Us... because that would be way too crazy for me (I'm not rich and I don't own one yet).

idleft

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
And you guys are willing to brick your system? The blue card doesn't sound right...
There's not much info either, I wouldn't trust running something I know nothing about

Just saying
Either way I have 5x... :( got a 3ds recently for this card and that's the version it came with. What a fail.
I guess this would not be a problem.
The mechanism of this blue card and red card thing is: they use the blue card to pass the validation of system (I guess it might using the ds mode, since the ds card can be recognized properly), and exploit certain bug to side load 3ds game from that so called "console"

MarioFanatic64

The guy who does things
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
It's weird how the Gateway makes no attempt to pull the "flashcart is meant for homebrew" card, and are developing it purely for piracy reasons, (thus making it 100% illegal), yet they aren't getting arrested or even sued for that matter.

McHaggis

Fackin' Troller
Trophies
XP
Country
I have version 5.1.0 - 11U. Not sure if that's good or bad but I'm still buying a Gateway.

You know you won't be able to use it, right?

I guess this would not be a problem.
The mechanism of this blue card and red card thing is: they use the blue card to pass the validation of system (I guess it might using the ds mode, since the ds card can be recognized properly), and exploit certain bug to side load 3ds game from that so called "console"
Not likely. Cards can't be swapped in DS mode and there's no DS mode code that can boot 3DS software. Like I said earlier in the thread, I think the blue card is a clone card with a save exploit preloaded. Kind of like how the CycloDS iEvolution had the Cooking Mama game along with an exploited saved game to run homebrew in DSi mode, except this time it's shipped as a separate card, perhaps because it would be too large to fit alongside the Gateway.

BORODA

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
You know you won't be able to use it, right
They didn't say it won't work at all. It will probably work with 5.x and even 6.1 in future, but they will start with 4.5 support. It will, probably, not work with 6.2+ as it's exploit-based :sad:

McHaggis

Fackin' Troller
Trophies
XP
Country
They didn't say it won't work at all. It will probably work with 5.x and even 6.1 in future, but they will start with 4.5 support.

But there's no guarantee. Also, why didn't they delay the launch to put in the additional effort to make it work? If the exploit they have has been fixed, that means they need to find another exploit, which is no small feat given that it took 2 years for anyone to find the one they're using now. The way gokujr1000 said it, it seemed like he was planning on buying one immediately and just hoping it works, which isn't really a smart move imo.

BORODA

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
But there's no guarantee. Also, why didn't they delay the launch to put in the additional effort to make it work? If the exploit they have has been fixed, that means they need to find another exploit, which is no small feat given that it took 2 years for anyone to find the one they're using now. The way gokujr1000 said it, it seemed like he was planning on buying one immediately and just hoping it works, which isn't really a smart move imo.
Well, yes. We need to wait for reviews and confirmations that it actually works. By the way, when 5.x was released, there was no info on Gateway or anything like this, so it's likely not fixed in 5.x series, but it can (and probably is) fixed in 6.0+ so I still believe that 5.x will be ok to work with Gateway.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/_NsOxG2zwWA?si=oK21qVNxgd98AyJT