Hacking Gateway Downgrading

mb2010

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Have you tried downgrading your 3ds without having the nand mod? I have a European 3ds with 6.1.0-0E version. I actually want to downgrade because I have no Internet whenever I want to play with my gateway's games, but I have not made nand mod to my 3ds. I read the English manual linked by the official gateway site (here you are, http://maxconsole.com/maxconsole_files/v2.pdf ) and it does not say nothing about needing to have nand mod to downgrade. I wonder if someone here have downgraded its 3ds with no nand mod, and what are your feelings about this. Thanks
Many people have downgraded without nand mod. You would only need the mod if anything went wrong during the downgrade so you could recover a brick. Its possible something could happen but seems very unlikely when reading all the successful downgrades that have been done including 2 of mine.

pr00tc

Trophies
XP
Country
Many people have downgraded without nand mod. You would only need the mod if anything went wrong during the downgrade so you could recover a brick. Its possible something could happen but seems very unlikely when reading all the successful downgrades that have been done including 2 of mine.
Ok thanks, so I'm going to downgrade it, I'll report when finished. Thank you for the quick reply.

pr00tc

Trophies
XP
Country
Well, I've a problem. When I open my browser it says me that "the internet browser will become available once you update your system via the internet. For details, visit support.nintendo.com" so I'm not able to run the browser exploit, and of course, if I update via internet, I won't be able to use gateway because it updates to 9.5 right now.
Anyone has had this trouble? Any idea?

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
There's maybe a solution, but I don't think anyone tested it.
so, if you don't have a hardmod to backup and restore your NAND, please don't try it.

So, the idea is to use the gateway downgrade pack to install the provided titles.
- You need to be on 4.x or else you won't be able to use Gateway
- instead of downgrading, you will in fact be upgrading using the Gateway downgrade pack.
- the downgrade pack contains the necessary titles with the correct version. it's not downgrading the full firmware, but forcing installation of specific title's version.

it will install the browser, NVer, (and probably other titles) version that was installed when updating to 4.5.0-8E from the net.

Like I said, I know nobody who tested this method (reverse downgrade? upgrade with downgrade pack), so be careful and wait until someone with a hardmod can backup and test on old system version (4.5.0-0 to 4.5.0-6).

Or be courageous and let us know.
Be sure to keep a backup of your actual NAND to be able to restore it.

gogetassj5

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I downgraded from 9.2 to 4.2 and the gateway menu will not recognize the red card, so I cant get into gateway mode. any idea what I'm doing wrong?

satel

Luigi's Big Brother
Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
this downgrade method still works ? yesterday i bought a 3ds xl with fw 7.1 from ebay & once i receive it the 1st thing i'm going to do is downgrade it.

newbcake

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My brain is fried right now. So (possibly) within the future, the 2DS can be downgraded from 9.6 to something Gateway compatible?

Or will I still require the NAND backup from prior the upgrade to >9.2?

2Hack

HYPiavelli
Trophies
Website
soundcloud.com
XP
Country
Canada
My brain is fried right now. So (possibly) within the future, the 2DS can be downgraded from 9.6 to something Gateway compatible?

Or will I still require the NAND backup from prior the upgrade to >9.2?
You are better off either buying a sky3ds, or a different console that is gateway compatible.
I am having way too much trouble with this. From my understanding we don't need any hardware to do this besides the sd card. I've downloaded the proper files, triple checked the md5 on both, tried launching the menu from the browser, but no luck. every time I load the page, it shows the usual text, then the bottom screen turns white, I hold L, and nothing happens. It just stays there, doing absolutely nothing. I've tried multiple times and even tried *gasp* waiting. every time its the same exact thing, bottom screen white, top screen doesn't change, and nothing happens afterwards.
What firmware are you on?

Reactions: Deleted User

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=COua5q4CByg