XP
Country
United States
RockmanForte said:
Koumori_Knight said:
RockmanForte said:
Magmorph said:
hakusa said:
Actually, no. The bible doesn't tell us to condemn homosexuals. Their acts are wrong, but we have no rights to hate them. It is said that we cannot hate, and that includes the homosexuals. It is said that we should love, and that includes the homosexuals.

And someone here said that we should kill them... Err, no? By killing them, we would be judging, which again, we have no rights to, and it also goes against number 6 of the 10 commandments; Thou shall not murder.
How many times does this have to be pointed out? It's Leviticus 20:13

If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them.

SIGHING.. You dont get it, do you ?

You read your bible misinterpret because you are not studying harder.

Read this and it will clear it up for you.

http://www.religioustolerance.org/hom_bmar.htm
http://www.religioustolerance.org/hom_bibx.htm
*big sigh*
You realize that nothing you say will make a dent on the epic hate they feel, right?
let them learn their own way...as long as no one is murdered or beaten or anything like that, let's just regard them as fearful people who have no understanding of what love means.

They might learn their own way but they will never find the truth until the truth set them free. Love ? Are you kidding me ? Without truth there is no love, period. Grin.
We should talk more...
I agree but with caveats....
This thread will probably be locked soon, knowing Vulpes....

Advi

Trophies
Website
www.fletchowns.net
XP
Country
United States
Magmorph said:
RockmanForte said:
Magmorph said:
hakusa said:
Actually, no. The bible doesn't tell us to condemn homosexuals. Their acts are wrong, but we have no rights to hate them. It is said that we cannot hate, and that includes the homosexuals. It is said that we should love, and that includes the homosexuals.

And someone here said that we should kill them... Err, no? By killing them, we would be judging, which again, we have no rights to, and it also goes against number 6 of the 10 commandments; Thou shall not murder.
How many times does this have to be pointed out? It's Leviticus 20:13

If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them.

SIGHING.. You dont get it, do you ?

Yes, everyone else misinterprets the Bible but you because you are the only one who can properly interpret it.

QUOTE(Advi @ Nov 17 2010, 09:00 PM)
how many times must i say it?

That was the old testament. The new testament is the traditional holy scripture of most christians.
It is still part of the Bible. There are passages in the new testament condemning homosexuality as well. Jesus also says that the old testament should be followed in Matthew 5 and there is nothing to suggest otherwise.
no there aren't.

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Koumori_Knight said:
We should talk more...
I agree but with caveats....
This thread will probably be locked soon, knowing Vulpes....

Sure. By the way, I dont think this thread will probably be locked soon. It is definitely going to be locked soon.

iDarkTrace

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
God does not hate ANYBODY. He loves us all. God does not tell you to kill gays because that would go again his commandment "Thou shall not murder."
God does not tell you to HATE them aswell, because hating someone is the same as killing someone, which again, infringes the commandment.

However I believe that God did not create homosexuality...
Lev 20:13 "If there is a man who lies with a male as those who lie with a woman, both of them have committed a detestable act; they shall surely be put to death."
...otherwise he would contradict this passage and God being perfect will not contradict his own words.
It is clear that Satan/The Devil/Lucifer is responsible for homosexuality as he is with all evil and corruption of this world.

Romans 1:18 "For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who hold the truth in unrighteousness."
Unfortunately, some use these passages to justify their hate against homos; why else do you think Jamaica and some African Countries attempt to kill and/or deteriorate homosexuals?

Personally, I view homosexuality as a wrong and a sin, but I won't bash, attack and persecute someone for being gay. I have a friend who's gay and not once have attacked him for being gay; I treat him like I treat everyone else; with respect and kindness.

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
iDarkTrace said:
God does not hate ANYBODY. He loves us all. God does not tell you to kill gays because that would go again his commandment "Thou shall not murder."
God does not tell you to HATE them aswell, because hating someone is the same as killing someone, which again, infringes the commandment.

Lev 20:13 "If there is a man who lies with a male as those who lie with a woman, both of them have committed a detestable act; they shall surely be put to death."
...otherwise he would contradict this passage and God being perfect will not contradict his own words.
It is clear that Satan/The Devil/Lucifer is responsible for homosexuality as he is with all evil and corruption of this world.

Romans 1:18 "For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who hold the truth in unrighteousness."
Unfortunately, some use these passages to justify their hate against homos; why else do you think Jamaica and some African Countries attempt to kill and/or deteriorate homosexuals?

Personally, I view homosexuality as a wrong and a sin, but I won't bash, attack and persecute someone for being gay. I have a friend who's gay and not once have attacked him for being gay; I treat him like I treat everyone else; with respect and kindness.

SIGHING.. You dont get it, do you ? I bet you never will.... Why ??

You read your bible misinterpret because your bible book is not telling the truth

iDarkTrace

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
RockmanForte said:
iDarkTrace said:

What am I not getting? I'm simply stating that God does not hate homosexuals and how some justify their hate with passages.

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
iDarkTrace said:
RockmanForte said:
iDarkTrace said:

What am I not getting? I'm simply stating that God does not hate homosexuals and how others justify their hate with passages.

You said you view homosexuality as a wrong and a sin. Being a wrong and a sin such as whore and sex with many men or women is a sin.. Being who you are as a homosexuality as much as someone who is a heterosexuality is not wrong and a sin. Read those links for accurate interpret because you were taught wrong and inaccurate.

Tanas

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
iDarkTrace said:
RockmanForte said:
iDarkTrace said:

What am I not getting? I'm simply stating that God does not hate homosexuals and how others justify their hate with passages.
It isnt that god does or doesnt hate homosexual, it's just that one author of one scripture and the author of another are contradicting each other.

Sephxus

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Although there are people that found anti-homosexual comments on the Bible during their daily Bible study, most people have to search and pin-point specific verses, and my guess is that most people began that search after they decided they were anti-homosexuals.
dry.gif

iDarkTrace

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
RockmanForte said:
You said you view homosexuality as a wrong and a sin. Being a wrong and a sin such as whore and sex with many men or women is a sin.. Being who you are as a homosexuality as much as someone who is a heterosexuality is not wrong and a sin. Read those links for accurate interpret because you were taught wrong and inaccurate.

Oh I read your links. Very nice information, but don't tell me the passages contradict each other. Clearly there is contradiction AMONGST the translators. And since God does condemn homosexuality, this type of love may as well be just platonic. And who's to say the author of the links you provided didn't interpret it correctly? I might be wrong, you might be wrong. In the end, God shall reveal everything.

This truth searching is a pain in the arse mate.

Magmorph

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

MelodieOctavia

Just your friendly neighborhood Transbian.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
yourmom.com
XP
Country
Djibouti
Magmorph said:
Advi said:
Magmorph said:
Advi said:
no there aren't.
Look in Corinthians 6.
http://www.religioustolerance.org/hom_bibc1.htm
scroll down. there are a million and one ways this can be interpreted.
If the Bible is so difficult to interpret then there is really no use for it. I sort of doubt you have ever read it considering in the beginning of this thread you said that the Bible never once mentions homosexuality.

This post just gave me cancer.

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Advi said:
RoMee said:
this is where you lost me...
QUOTE said:
even some christian are against it some not all but some
...as I see it most if not all gay bashing is done by the god worshiping fanatics..
their bible teaches them to hate gays.
no it doesn't. homosexuality is not once mentioned in the bible.

and OP i'm gay and proud too :3. i'm happy for you, keep on truckin'.
Googled passages in the bible on homosexuality

"Leviticus 18:22:
"You shall not lie with a male as those who lie with a female; it is an abomination."

Leviticus 20:13:
"If a man lies with a male as those who lie with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination and they shall surely be put to death."

Homosexuality is just one of those issues that tends to get blown out of proportion. It is a sin like lying, cheating, stealing, whatever. but for some reasons Christians tend to make it out to be a bigger deal that it is. I am a practicing Christian and i have gay friends. I dont bash them about it, im not all in their faces about it, its just who they choose to be.
Im not super cool with it but im willing to try to understand.

Bunie

#1 Princess
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pliskron said:
Eruonen said:
Pliskron said:
If you want to see intolerance look in the mirror. Liberals and progressives are bigoted toward religion and at times quite hateful. They treat religion in a way that would make them kick and scream if they received the same treatment. Btw you can always find a picture with ten kooks holding signs. If I posted a picture of some depraved gays and there are plenty of those you's tell me not to paint every one with the same brush. You are guilty of being an intolerant bigot that stereotypes groups of people.
Religion is the cause of so much violence and misery, you can't say the same about homosexuality.
Actually it's the Godless communists and secularists that have killed by far the most people in history. Between Mow, Stalin and Pol Pot you have by some estimates 100 million dead. That's a record religion can't even begin to touch.
Religion far exceeds those deaths. *All* Modern hatred, is caused by religion, or religious people. Religious people are tought to hate for so many illogical reasons. Hilter killed for religious purposes. But the thing about the people you mention is that they rarely killed people themselves. they where commanded to do so by a higher power, exactly the problem with religious nuts.
moogle.gif
lol

BlueStar

Trophies
XP
Country
Stalin etc weren't killing in the name of atheism though, the wars were political in nature. God, the way Christians go on with their whiney politically correct victim complex you'd think they were being fed to the lions, oh no, someone dared object to some Christians demonising homosexuality, walmart isn't playing Christmas music yet, someone wished you happy holidays, how oppressed you all are.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iIpfWORQWhU