Homebrew gbaemu4ds: GBA emulator for DS(i) (DSi Entry)

Is the graphic better if you use the sc Version and the upper screen on a 3DS

• I can't do that (have no 3DS) (have not tested that)

Votes: 110 40.3%
  • Yes

Votes: 48 17.6%
  • No

Votes: 26 9.5%
  • I don't know

Votes: 89 32.6%

• Total voters

ichichfly

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Jamstruth said:
Interesting. When I read the OP i thought someone was bullshitting and that this was just a joke some people were going along with.
I'd love to test this (though i don't have any GBA homebrew to test with will have to try and find some) but remember compiler hell when I once tried getting them setup so will have to wait for a possible browser version.

Edit: Argh, now I remember why I hate compilers I can never get them to work. I open the makefile and tell it to "make" in programmer's notepad. It says ""make": *** No targets specified and no makefile found. Stop."

are there any blank inside the path?

devkit don't support blanks inside the path

SifJar said:
It uses NitroFS? Didn't realise that. I didn't put a ROM in the folder, could that be the reason for my errors?

what error do you get exactly

spinal_cord said:
to fix the color problem, the following values should be changed in the main.cpp -

systemRedShift = 0;
systemGreenShift = 6;
systemBlueShift = 11;

Should be

systemRedShift = 0;
systemGreenShift = 5;
systemBlueShift = 10;

thanks

Vigilante said:
Wait does it like work on a flashcart?

sorry i was wrong it don't work on some cards it seems it work on some. It won't work on my old (broken one)

heartgold said:
jamespoo said:
QUOTE(personuser @ Mar 7 2011, 10:13 PM)
QUOTE(jamespoo @ Mar 7 2011, 03:08 PM)
just used this to play pokemon on the orginal ds and it works but sometimes it dose freeze for half a sec every 20sec or so

was that a COMMERCIAL pokemon game? and what was the rom size?

The creator claimed it only played homebrew under 2mb.

Pokemon Emerald Version

Buttt...the limit for now is 2MB, is it not?

this can be but it will crash after it try to load data from uppern the 2MB and it can't save so i just write no commercial

heartgold

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
ichichfly said:
this can be but it will crash after it try to load data from uppern the 2MB and it can't save so i just write no commercial

Are you able to add in support for DSi's extra 12MB RAM for loading larger files in the future?

WiiUBricker

News Police
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Vigilante said:
Um why don't you upload the file in Filetrip(official gbatemp download center)

Because no build has been released yet?

For those people, that get compiling errors: Just install latest devkitARM with devkitPro updater (including all sub folders) and it should compile fine though it takes quite some time.

At the current state, this is basicly a *.gba to *.nds converter. With this you can make *.gba files to *.nds files and play them with your flash kits.

indask8

New Member Forever
Trophies
XP
Country
France
The title is confusing me, it's only for DSi or it works also for DS as long as the file is small enough?

That's really awesome and unexpected, but prepare yourself to receive tons and tons of people whining "why X don't work, why Y is slow, HELP PLS".

WiiUBricker

News Police
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
lolzed said:
boudincaca said:
The title is confusing me, it's only for DSi or it works also for DS as long as the file is small enough?
DSi only. Takes advantage of DSi mode so yeah...
yaynds.gif

No it's not. It works on DS and DSi.

spinal_cord

Knows his stuff
Trophies
Website
spinalcode.co.uk
XP
Country
Vigilante said:
So what homebrew does it best emulate?Links please.

It doesn't 'best' emulate anything, everything is the same... Really, really really s-l-o-w with about 1fps and no sound. You really should not expect anything more.

Anyone not happy with the display, should make the following change in the gba.cpp

replace the systemDrawScreen() function with the following, it might (not 100% sure) help a tiny tiny amount with the render speed also -

CODEvoid systemDrawScreen()
{

ÂÂÂÂu16 *pointertobild = (u16 *)(pix);
ÂÂÂÂfor(int iy = 0; iy 5) > 10)

ichichfly

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
new rev http://www.mediafire.com/file/zsbxr94eu20krds/gbandsr3.zip

there are 2 nds inside as well as 2 src arm9 is just the old code with spinal_cord patch (thanks)

the other hwspeedup use hw to speed the code 15% up but it seems it only work in well in BG mode 0 most games use other these just have Graphic bugs (you can't see anything)

i hope that i can fix the bugs in the other BG mods and in the next rev i will try to use dmaCopy more often

this is an update because someone asked me in an chat

ADD:About the speed of hwspeedup on DS emulator it has 10% speed of the original but frames are only displayed every secound no mather what speed the game realy have you can change that lower by editing the src but my if you put it on 6 per secound you get ~10% less speed --> 9% of the original

loco365

Trophies
XP
ichichfly said:
new rev http://www.mediafire.com/file/zsbxr94eu20krds/gbandsr3.zip

there are 2 nds inside as well as 2 src arm9 is just the old code with spinal_cord patch (thanks)

the other hwspeedup use hw to speed the code 15% up but it seems it only work in well in BG mode 0 most games use other these just have Graphic bugs (you can't see anything)

i hope that i can fix the bugs in the other BG mods and in the next rev i will try to use dmaCopy more often

ADD:About the speed of hwspeedup on DS emulator it has 10% speed of the original but frames are only displayed every secound no mather what speed the game realy have you can change that lower by editing the src but my if you put it on 6 per secound you get ~10% less speed --> 9% of the original
Thank you for the compiled version. I have tried it, and I am very, very impressed on this feat. I'm going to try NegativeSpace and see how that works. Would you mind if I link to the download on other sites (Obv. on the latest version) and advertise it? I think more people should know of this.

ichichfly

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
boudincaca said:

That's really awesome and unexpected, but prepare yourself to receive tons and tons of people whining "why X don't work, why Y is slow, HELP PLS".

It work on DS and DSi but it runs faster on DSi in DSi mode

Team Fail said:
QUOTE(ichichfly @ Mar 8 2011, 03:07 PM) new rev http://www.mediafire.com/file/zsbxr94eu20krds/gbandsr3.zip

Thank you for the compiled version. I have tried it, and I am very, very impressed on this feat. I'm going to try NegativeSpace and see how that works. Would you mind if I link to the download on other sites (Obv. on the latest version) and advertise it? I think more people should know of this.

OK but please say it is not ready yet and not every homebrew is working and it is slow else see first quote

loco365

Trophies
XP
ichichfly said:
boudincaca said:

It work on DS and DSi but it runs faster on DSi in DSi mode

Team Fail said:
QUOTE(ichichfly @ Mar 8 2011, 03:07 PM) new rev http://www.mediafire.com/file/zsbxr94eu20krds/gbandsr3.zip

OK but pleas say it is not ready yet and not every homebrew is working and it is slow else see uppern quote
Sure. I was going to be sure to say that because I can't load any retail games, as of the filesize limit, and whatnot. Could I mention it is in "beta" and link to http://www.mediafire.com/file/zsbxr94eu20krds/gbandsr3.zip (Or the latest link)?

Ace

GBATemp's Patrick Bateman
Trophies
Website
goo.gl
XP
Country
Looked into the source, and it looks like you're basing if off VBA, if I'm correct?

And this is absolutely amazing, by the way. If this gets enough progress and possibly wins the bounty, would you consider a DSTWO version? The bounty reward DOES give you enough to buy one
wink.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    Im gonna see if I can find a ps4 to buy
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    now that firm ware 11 supposedly is exploitable
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    did you see the fallout series
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea is pretty good
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    an elder scrolls movie or show would be cool, but which elder scrolls game would it be based on?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    oh who am i kidding it'd be skyrim
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    but,since they're only a few years apart, a morrowind + oblivion series would also be cool
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Taco Saturday
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Uhh, It's 🌯 Saturday dude. :) js
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nope that for tomorrow, cinco de mayo, today is bbq chicken on the grill.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Juan's new years I forgot
    +2
    :hrth::toot::grog::grog::grog::bow: HAPPY BIRTHDAY to me :bow::grog::grog::toot::hrth:
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    One day away from Juan's birthday
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Only if you send him feet
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Happy birthday!
    +1
    Thank You :D
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    heh I got a guy who created an account just yesterday asking me where to find mig switch roms
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    too much FBI watching this website to answer that kind of question lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Has the mig switch found loopholes without requiring game keys?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @AncientBoi, happy birthday
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: