Homebrew GBARunner2

Gericom

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
View attachment 422561

am aware as you can see by above, I just think its extremely unintuitive lol Are there any ways to make shortcuts for luma payloads in the 3ds home menu by chance? that would solve most of my complaints xD
Doesn't it take way more time to boot the home menu in the first place, than to boot into a luma payload? Maybe there's a way to set a key shortcut you can hold at boot or so?

Modular511

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Doesn't it take way more time to boot the home menu in the first place, than to boot into a luma payload? Maybe there's a way to set a key shortcut you can hold at boot or so?
I am almost never turning my console off unless it dies, 2/3 of what I do lately involves hop scotch between the ds/3ds/virtual console pokemons as I am working on a living dex in them all. lol I just was wanting to be able to hit home and have it there, vs hit the reboot and hold start. I will say open agb works wonderfully! Did they reverse engineer the ambassador games or something? it puts the ds in the same no home screen mode lol

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
This might be a dumb question, but how do I force GBARunner3 to play on the bottom screen. I'm using a Gameboy Macro, and I have Macro Mode set in the SRLOADER settings, but GBARunner 3 just ignores it. (I'm using a DS Lite to configure this for my GB Macro, if that matters.)

Gericom

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
This might be a dumb question, but how do I force GBARunner3 to play on the bottom screen. I'm using a Gameboy Macro, and I have Macro Mode set in the SRLOADER settings, but GBARunner 3 just ignores it. (I'm using a DS Lite to configure this for my GB Macro, if that matters.)
In your /_gba/gbarunner3.json put
JSON:
{
    "displaySettings": {
        "gbaScreen": "bottom"
    }
}

furbi963

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
In your /_gba/gbarunner3.json put
JSON:
{
        "gbaScreen": "bottom"
    }
}
Buenas... Existe algo así, pero para mapear los botones (L,R por X,Y). Y una duda que es HighCode. :)
Hello... There is something like this, but to map the buttons (L,R to X,Y). And one question is HighCode. :)

Gericom

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Buenas... Existe algo así, pero para mapear los botones (L,R por X,Y). Y una duda que es HighCode. :)
Hello... There is something like this, but to map the buttons (L,R to X,Y). And one question is HighCode. :)
Button mapping has not been implemented yet for gbarunner3, but is planned. I'm not sure what you want to know about hicode, but there is a branch, and it is not merged yet. I don't speak Spanish btw, so English is sufficient.

Reactions: Tarmfot

furbi963

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Button mapping has not been implemented yet for gbarunner3, but is planned. I'm not sure what you want to know about hicode, but there is a branch, and it is not merged yet. I don't speak Spanish btw, so English is sufficient.
I misspelled, I was asking what Hicode was. Oops hehehe:discuss:

I read it in the wiki and didn't understand that part.

P.S. Writing in Spanish is like my signature. Sadness

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I misspelled, I was asking what Hicode was. Oops hehehe:discuss:

I read it in the wiki and didn't understand that part.

P.S. Writing in Spanish is like my signature. Sadness
Hicode is where the code is not placed in the first 2MB of the ROM. So if the game tries to access hicode, it crashes.
The hicode branch aims to properly support hicode.

DSoryu

GBA/NDS Maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Any way to enable borders / frames with GBARunner 3 yet? Great work!

Yeah, you already can:
Custom borders need to be in `8bpp bmp` format, renamed as "border.bmp" inside the `_gba/` folder in the root of your SD card.

You can also add per-game borders, they just need to be renamed as the game internal ID + rev number, ie. BPEE00.bmp, and placed inside `_gba/borders`

You can change the borders behavior in the settings file, the "borderimage" key can be set to either "default", "game" or "none":

JSON:
{
    "runSettings": {
        "enableWramICache": true,
        "enableEwramDCache": true
    },
        "gbaScreen": "top",
        "gbaColorCorrection": "Agb001",
        "gbaScreenBrightness": 16,
        "enableCenterAndMask": true,
        "centerOffsetX": 8,
        "centerOffsetY": 16,
        "maskWidth": 240,
        "maskHeight": 160,
        "borderImage": "default"
    }
}

Last edited by DSoryu,

YoungK

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yeah, you already can:
Custom borders need to be in `8bpp bmp` format, renamed as "border.bmp" inside the `_gba/` folder in the root of your SD card.

You can also add per-game borders, they just need to be renamed as the game internal ID + rev number, ie. BPEE00.bmp, and placed inside `_gba/borders`

You can change the borders behavior in the settings file, the "borderimage" key can be set to either "default", "game" or "none":

JSON:
{
    "runSettings": {
        "enableWramICache": true,
        "enableEwramDCache": true
    },
        "gbaScreen": "top",
        "gbaColorCorrection": "Agb001",
        "gbaScreenBrightness": 16,
        "enableCenterAndMask": true,
        "centerOffsetX": 8,
        "centerOffsetY": 16,
        "maskWidth": 240,
        "maskHeight": 160,
        "borderImage": "default"
    }
}
Is there any thing else I need to do? I have this image as border.bmp and updated my settings file but it is not working with GBArunner3 sadly

Thanks!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, Good.