Homebrew GBARunner2

Zense

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Currently only one of the 2 direct sound channels is emulated, which kinda means left is treated at mono sound. And the old gb channels are not emulated currently
So does that mean a quick fix/upgrade in sound would be to set sound to mono in the games that have that option? Leaving only the gb sounds missing. I noticed Medabots Rpg seemed like there was only one of two stereo sides active, but I don't think I tried setting the sound to mono, if there's an option for that. Would a simple patch for all games, turning their sound mono, be feasible?

Gericom

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
So does that mean a quick fix/upgrade in sound would be to set sound to mono in the games that have that option? Leaving only the gb sounds missing. I noticed Medabots Rpg seemed like there was only one of two stereo sides active, but I don't think I tried setting the sound to mono, if there's an option for that. Would a simple patch for all games, turning their sound mono, be feasible?
I can't patch that. It's different for each game. And yes if there's a setting you can try that. May be better cpu wise too. Implementing stereo shouldn't be hard though. Since the second channel is just the same as the first.

Reactions: Zense

Deleted member 424658

Annoying Weaboo Girl
Trophies
Website
www.reddit.com
XP
Country
United States
Would it be feasible to use the extra RAM mode they recently got working in TWL_FIRM on the 3DS to buffer games entirely in memory? For example, nds-bootstrap enables a 32 megabyte mode, which would allow for a large number of GBA games to not need to load anything extra off the SD card.
The purpose of this is to run on DS flashcarts not 3DS.

Pickle_Rick

I'm a pickle Morty!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Would it be feasible to use the extra RAM mode they recently got working in TWL_FIRM on the 3DS to buffer games entirely in memory? For example, nds-bootstrap enables a 32 megabyte mode, which would allow for a large number of GBA games to not need to load anything extra off the SD card.
Why wouldn't you just use an emulator or AGB_FIRM though? This is really only useful on the DS(i).

daxtsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Why wouldn't you just use an emulator or AGB_FIRM though? This is really only useful on the DS(i).

just wanted to know if it's possible.

That and if it does end up being a possibility, it would potentially be able to properly save in games that even AGB_FIRM lacks support for, like the Pokémon games. Also, GBA emulation runs like crap on the 3DS (i.e. Retroarch, mgba, citragb).

It's not a question of practicality, it's a question of: is it possible? I just want to know from a technical standpoint. Nothing more.

Last edited by daxtsu,

Gericom

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
That and if it does end up being a possibility, it would potentially be able to properly save in games that even AGB_FIRM lacks support for, like the Pokémon games. Also, GBA emulation runs like crap on the 3DS (i.e. Retroarch, mgba, citragb).

It's not a question of practicality, it's a question of: is it possible? I just want to know from a technical standpoint. Nothing more.
I suppose it should be possible, although I would have to reorganize my memory protection setup. Maybe I'll have a look at it later. I'm not sure though if it will help much speed wise. I still have the idea that fact that a lot of memory accesses go though the abort handler is the source of most slow downs.

Pickle_Rick

I'm a pickle Morty!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Just sram patch. (And GBA emulation runs full speed on n(2)3DS. Retroarch just needs to fix the crashing in GPSP. All the other cores work fine.)

Last edited by Pickle_Rick,

lex3a

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

You should definitely see this -

1 Mbit AGB_FIRM lennies ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

https://www.reddit.com/r/3dshacks/comments/6znqqg/1_mbit_agb_firm_lennies_ʖ/

Last edited by lex3a,
D

Deleted User

Yesterday, @Gericom updated GBARunner2 again.

There are updates for

• the master branch
  • the file explorer branch
  • the capture center mask branch.

I cleaned before building.
I tested the builds with my m3ds real Flashcard.
These are all arm9 builds only!
You will find the builds below.

Thank you for the updates Gericom!:)

Attachments

• GBARunner2-capture_center_mask.zip
    27.4 KB · Views: 200
  • GBARunner2-file_explorer.zip
    27.9 KB · Views: 227
  • GBARunner2-master.zip
    27.4 KB · Views: 194
Last edited by ,

Gericom

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Yesterday, @Gericom updated GBARunner2 again.

There are updates for

• the master branch
  • the file explorer branch
  • the capture center mask branch.

I cleaned before building.
I tested the builds with my m3ds real Flashcard.
You will find the builds below.

Thank you for the updates Gericom!:)
Just so you know, capture_center_mask is obselete now, since I merged it to master, and I'm doing preparations for saving on the file_explorer branch.

Oh, and maybe you'd like to test games with the latest master version.

ambient

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Unfortunately neither of those three versions works on my Acekard 2i. Each time they hang on white screen with TEST text. The only one working version from this thread is ARM7 from this post. Nonetheless it's great to see this project active. I hope there will be working version with saving for Acekard sometime in the future.

Gericom

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Unfortunately neither of those three versions works on my Acekard 2i. Each time they hang on white screen with TEST text. The only one working version from this thread is ARM7 from this post. Nonetheless it's great to see this project active. I hope there will be working version with saving for Acekard sometime in the future.
Dodain only compiled arm9 dldi versions I guess.

ambient

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
This version opens on Acekard, but none of the games I tried worked. Most of them hang after bios animation. Even games that work on Gericom's last ARM7 version.

D

Deleted User

This version opens on Acekard, but none of the games I tried worked. Most of them hang after bios animation. Even games that work on Gericom's last ARM7 version.
Hm. Then i better delete the upload and wait for Gericom to build an arm 7 gbarunner2.:sleep:

Last edited by ,

ambient

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Maybe this wasn't your fault but some changes in the code. For example Aladdin (E) hangs after bios animation in your version, but works fine in Gericom's ARM7.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    Im gonna see if I can find a ps4 to buy
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    now that firm ware 11 supposedly is exploitable
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    did you see the fallout series
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea is pretty good
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    an elder scrolls movie or show would be cool, but which elder scrolls game would it be based on?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    oh who am i kidding it'd be skyrim
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    but,since they're only a few years apart, a morrowind + oblivion series would also be cool
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Taco Saturday
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Uhh, It's 🌯 Saturday dude. :) js
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nope that for tomorrow, cinco de mayo, today is bbq chicken on the grill.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Juan's new years I forgot
    +2
    :hrth::toot::grog::grog::grog::bow: HAPPY BIRTHDAY to me :bow::grog::grog::toot::hrth:
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    One day away from Juan's birthday
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Only if you send him feet
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Happy birthday!
    +1
    Thank You :D
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    heh I got a guy who created an account just yesterday asking me where to find mig switch roms
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    too much FBI watching this website to answer that kind of question lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Has the mig switch found loopholes without requiring game keys?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @AncientBoi, happy birthday
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: