Homebrew GBARunner2

Nikokaro

Lost philosopher... searching for a way out...
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy

banjo2

gamer
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
I remember someone saying all romhacks need to be added manually to the database for it to work, try to go on their github page and open an issue if they could add it in.
I don't think that's a thing, maybe you're thinking of YSMenu? Or maybe RTC only being supported on specific game IDs

totakeke95

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain

Cornholio309

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nope, same thing, you can only get away with the regular 2d, but picture is so small :(

Assuming I'm understanding correctly, you dislike the black borders around the screen when playing DS titles?

That's something that's no longer an issue. TWPatcher offers a patch to force a 16:10 ratio. Briefly tested it with Mario 64 DS.

Late Edit: Tested it with more games (Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin). Works just fine too!

Last edited by Cornholio309,

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Someone should fork GBARunner2 and rename it to GBARunner3 and then actively keep improving and supporting it.
I'm pretty sure most of GBARunner2 consists of ASM code, so chances are unlikely.
It's also why (most of the time) no one contributes to nds-bootstrap (except me and sometimes, @Pk11), as the ASM code is for searching for the SDK functions in DS(i) games to patch.

Mougrim

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ukraine
No one has gotten it to work, to my knowledge. You'll have to wait for a fix.
That's what I though. It's a pity, though, because when GBA games ARE working in the DSi, they're looking and playing great :) So far my DSi XL proved itself a great GBA player for games like Oriental Blue.

Anyway thank you for all your hard work, using a TwilightMenu is so much more convenient than flashcards. Will get one for some emulators, though, like ZXDC, as it, unfortunately, no longer maintained, so getting a DLDI patch is a no-go.
Post automatically merged:

I'm pretty sure most of GBARunner2 consists of ASM code, so chances are unlikely.
It's also why (most of the time) no one contributes to nds-bootstrap (except me and sometimes, @Pk11), as the ASM code is for searching for the SDK functions in DS(i) games to patch.
I remember some of ASM programming from my Spectrum times, and I still wonder anyone is patient enough to do it regularily. Again, than you for all this hard work. nds-bootstap already runs most of the library (aside from some hacks, but you know... hacks...)

Last edited by Mougrim,

Minister_of_Piracy

Trophies
XP
Country
Bulgaria
Hello gbatemp community! Recently i've installed TwilightMenu++ on my o2ds and had so much fun emulating all of my favorite oldies.
But i've stumbled upon a problem - i don't know how to Install the Gbarunner2 (gyroscope branch) on my console. When i tried installing, it had an error saying "Error Bios not found!" Should i delete / replace the one that comes from the Twilightmenu?

Reactions: Tarmfot

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @The Real Jdbye, same but for... Different reasons