Homebrew GBARunner2

Fel

GBAtemp's Adventurer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I guess to have the best compatibility you'd want the ndsl enhanced and dsp on your sd card. Some audio stuff and other things are present on the dsp builds even for the ds builds. Keep your expectations in check: none of the stuff utilizing the actual DSP will work on a DSL since it lacks that processor.

I have zero examples of games that benefit from the dsp build on the dsl but that's due to not having tested this setup of hw and sw.

There's also wifi-link if you want to try sonic advance 2 and 3 without needing to patch them since they check linking (not for anti-piracy reasons), but it seems easier to just patch them. Wifi-link lacks many later improvements.
What is dsp?

Reactions: Tarmfot

Zense

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
What is dsp?
Digital signal processor. It's a chip in the DSi and 3DS. In my post I was referring to the DSP builds of gbarunner2. It's another branch of gbarunner2. You'll find info and links in the dsi/3ds part of the wiki.

Flame

Me > You
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Flame, did you ever find a solution? Just ran into this.

i just copied the save (.sav) file to an emulator and just passed that section of the game then continue the game as normal by putting the sav in DS SD card again.

that was my solution maybe somebody else has a better solution.

Indy13

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I'm not familiar with how gbaexploader works, but gbarunner2 can have its ROMs in any folder except for "_gba" and "_nds". The preferred folder for gbarunner2 is "gba" or "GBA" on root of the sd card. But this is really only if you don't run gbarunner2 with twilightmenu++, in which case the rom selection will start in the "gba" folder if present.

I wouldn't expect saves to be compatible between gbaexploader and gbarunner2, so as long as you don't try to run the same games in the same folders you should be fine. I might be wrong though. Iirc gbarunner2 saves should be compatible with mgba fwiw.
I finally found the time to do the test and for those who are interested the answer is yes! GBARunner2 and GBAExploader can coexist on the same sd card to avoid backup problems just create a special directory for games used with GBARunner2 and a special directory for GBAExploader, in my case, on my sd card, I have a directory named "GBAR2" for games used with GBARunner2 and a directory named "GBAExpl" for games used with GBAExploader.

Thank you for your advice @Zense it was very useful to me ;)

Reactions: Zense

Fel

GBAtemp's Adventurer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hi! I realized I have an M3 RAM expansion pack, do you think it would work with GBArunner2, so that I could run games better with less glitches, like how it works better with the DSi? Or is it not coded in a way that it could take advantage of it? If yes, would it be possible to make it recognize the expansion, or would that be hard/take too much time/you'd need a copy of it to be able to implement it?

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
Hi! I realized I have an M3 RAM expansion pack, do you think it would work with GBArunner2, so that I could run games better with less glitches, like how it works better with the DSi? Or is it not coded in a way that it could take advantage of it? If yes, would it be possible to make it recognize the expansion, or would that be hard/take too much time/you'd need a copy of it to be able to implement it?
I have a 4MB memory expansion cart, and also would like to know.
Post automatically merged:

I kinda wish there was a way to use this to chainload into AGB_FIRM for a more perfect GBA experience on DSi, and redirecting the ROM loading from the SD card instead of slot-2.

sombrerosonic

Idiot machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a 4MB memory expansion cart, and also would like to know.
Nope, i dont think so. If you own a DSlite for a more high end expereince for GBA get a EZ Flash or a EverDrive and load your roms on there. Wood should have a way to boot the Slot 2 card.

Morricorne

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Yes, this works very well on your DSi if you have CFW and unlaunch. You can use a flashcard but you will only get the quality you'd get with a DS/Lite.
I don't have Any flash card. Like r4. I just have 128gb SD CARD. From my previously Nintendo Switch. I know i need install CFW on DSi XL. I read about this. But i have hope flashcard isnt necessary to CFW DSi XL

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Don't make Barbie put a cigarette out on your nipples!