MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
Nope, i dont think so. If you own a DSlite for a more high end expereince for GBA get a EZ Flash or a EverDrive and load your roms on there. Wood should have a way to boot the Slot 2 card.
I have all DS models, I was just curious for the DSi's sake, since it's a bit more powerful.

Nikokaro

Lost philosopher... searching for a way out...
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Yes, this works very well on your DSi if you have CFW and unlaunch.
I just have 128gb SD CARD. From my previously Nintendo Switch. I know i need install CFW on DSi XL.
Unlaunch is not necessary at all. You just need an SD card, an exploit (Memory Pit, FlipNote Lenny etc.) and TWLMenu++. This alone is enough to make the best use of GBARunner2. Use the Hicode Build of the latter instead to play gba hacks (e.g. FEUniverse Hacks).

Errata corrige: I am replacing "not necessary at all" with the less peremptory "not necessary, but useful for better sound." So it was suggested to me, but I know nothing about it. :rofl2:

Last edited by Nikokaro,

sombrerosonic

Idiot machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have all DS models, I was just curious for the DSi's sake, since it's a bit more powerful.
Nope. The DSi build us the best you can do as well as memory cant work. Like i said before EZ-flash your games on DSlite or DS. GBA on DSi has issues due to modifacations nintendo did to the DSi hardware. Even if it did, i dobut it would help with running GBA games

Fel

GBAtemp's Adventurer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Nope, i dont think so. If you own a DSlite for a more high end expereince for GBA get a EZ Flash or a EverDrive and load your roms on there. Wood should have a way to boot the Slot 2 card.
I used to have the M3 GBA expansion which was perfect, but I haven't been able to find it for years. I thought about buying a replacement one, but the emulator is good for what I've been playing on it so far, but I since I remembered I had the RAM expansion I wondered if it would be able to work with it, to make emulation better. @Gericom

SylverReZ

The planet is fine. The people are crazy.
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
m4x1mumrez87.neocities.org
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I used to have the M3 GBA expansion which was perfect, but I haven't been able to find it for years. I thought about buying a replacement one, but the emulator is good for what I've been playing on it so far, but I since I remembered I had the RAM expansion I wondered if it would be able to work with it, to make emulation better. @Gericom
There were two versions of the M3 expansion pack: One with rumble and one without.

Fel

GBAtemp's Adventurer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
There were two versions of the M3 expansion pack: One with rumble and one without.
There was the GBA expansion pack, and the RAM/memory expansion pack with rumble. Or do you think there were two versions of the RAM pack? Because I don't recall ever seeing one. There was always only the GBA cart and the RAM with rumble cart. The RAM can't be used as GBA cart as it's different, but people have been using it in homebrew and the DS browser to make the software faster/utilize more resources.

Edit: What was the point of your comment btw? It doesn't seem add anything to the discussion since I had mentioned both expansions in my previous comment, so yours seems like you didn't know much about them until I explained it here and you thought I had them both confused in my previous comment or something. ;)

Last edited by Fel,

Fel

GBAtemp's Adventurer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
There's also different sizes of RAM expansion. I believe there's an 8MB one, but mine is only 4MB (For the NDS/DS Lite Browser cartridge)
Apparently the M3 one has 32MB according to comments, but the M3 documentation doesn't say how much it has. I thought it was 16MB - but if it's bigger why not, although I've never found a use for it, as none of the homebrew I tried made advantage fo it. If there's a way to check it on Sakura/Ysmenu/WoodR4 (for M3) let me know, and I can test it and confirm if it's 32MB.

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
Apparently the M3 one has 32MB according to comments, but the M3 documentation doesn't say how much it has. I thought it was 16MB - but if it's bigger why not, although I've never found a use for it, as none of the homebrew I tried made advantage fo it. If there's a way to check it on Sakura/Ysmenu/WoodR4 (for M3) let me know, and I can test it and confirm if it's 32MB.
Yeah, the lack of apps that can check stuff like this is surprising.

Zense

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Unlaunch is not necessary at all. You just need an SD card, an exploit (Memory Pit, FlipNote Lenny etc.) and TWLMenu++. This alone is enough to make the best use of GBARunner2. Use the Hicode Build of the latter instead to play gba hacks (e.g. FEUniverse Hacks).
Unlaunch is needed for DSP builds which are what make the DSi be so much better than playing on a regular DS. It helps so much with the sound.

m_lance

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Good news is that on the 3DS, Wario Ware twisted is playable with the motion sensor patch applied. This means that DSI user should be able to play the game!

Edit: Same applies to Yoshi Topsy-Turvy (U).
First time running GBArunner on 3DS XL. what file type to I use for Yoshi Topsy Turvy? and what folder do I drop it into after I apply the patch?

ImaDireWolf

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
it does support some hackroms, but if youre using dsphat, lite or on r4 probably wont work (i guess its memory problem)
you can try it using romm3 build or using dsi/3ds, if it doesnt work this hackrom probably isnt supported

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @K3Nv2, qbittorrent?