Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
this topic is getting kinda stupid
i would like to congratulate dack on a fine piece of coding

now for all the people spouting bollox about the "scene" are talking out ur arse and have no idea of the console scene history
i have already mentioned wot starcube did for the gamecube but lets go a little further back in time to the work done in the dreamcast scene.
dreamcast games came with cdda audio files which as most people know do not compress very well at all,kalisto decided to take the cdda audio,convert it to wav files and package them all up in a single unpack.exe which also contained a program which would convert the wav's back into cdda.After kalisto gave up the dreamcast scene echelon started releasing the games instead. by this time selfboot .cdi images were the standard and contained all the files not just the game data and so the unpack.exe also needed a small program called inject.exe to inject the re-converted cdda from the unpack.exe back into the .cdi image.
the work done by kalisto and echelon in the dreamcast scene was done to make the releases SMALLER,the work created by starcube and then shared with many other scene groups in the gamecube scene was to make the releases SMALLER.
notice a pattern forming here?
for the people that were going on about how the "scene" likes pure dumps i hope you have enjoyed the little history lesson presented to you by myself from the yrs i have spent downloading disk images and seeing how things have been done. Plz enjoy ur arse being handed to you on a plate for knowing nothing about what you were talking about
here endeth the lesson and have a nice day

Juli1000

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I played a litttle with the tool but the Image is every time the same.

1.) Load Iso
2.) Clear and Save ISO
3.) Wait until it´s finished
4.) Compressed ISO has the the same size an the original
blink.gif

Smwbigboss

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Digg has a habit of crashing sites. GBAtemp tends to go down during big game releases, so I don't think it's really ready for the traffic Digg will bring.

Alastair

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
To keep a backup of the backup. Say the disc gets scratched beyond repair or is lost.

maybe you should look after your dvd's more carefully.

And what is all the hassle in un-raring the files and burning them?

erm, if you have been paying more attention to the topic you would see it's far more than unraring and burning.

You have a filthy attitude for someone that doesn't know what they're talking about. Once the garbate data is removed, the game gets compressed with WinRAR presumably, once that's done, ALL that the downloader needs to do is de-compress it (like a non-wiped game) and burn it. There is NO difference whatsoever in the process for the downloader, just the initial ripper needs to do one extra step before compressing: wipe the garbage.

rolleyes.gif

digitalforums

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
I played a litttle with the tool but the Image is every time the same.

1.) Load Iso
2.) Clear and Save ISO
3.) Wait until it´s finished
4.) Compressed ISO has the the same size an the originalÂ
blink.gif

rar it up with winrar and it will be smaller than if you did not use wii scrubber,

its all over this post

arctic_flame

GBAtemp ATMEGA8 Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
@djgarf: Unfortunately, the "scene" now isn't really what it was, even sa recently as the GC scene. I remember there was a compressed (packed?) NDS release a while ago that used real Nintendo code, and that blew back in the team's faces...

Armadillo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I thought only the original GC release were cleaned of garbage? , the ones designed for streaming with the bba. I thought once the chips came out , all the images were full? or did they have the crap zeroed as well for compression?.

Anyway , nice app
smile.gif
, will really help people with slower connections or limits. Wonder if they'll be any scene fights , with the nuke - scrubbed , un nuke - game is fine etc
biggrin.gif

djgarf

I Am A Raver
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
I thought only the original GC release were cleaned of garbage? , the ones designed for streaming with the bba. I thought once the chips came out , all the images were full? or did they have the crap zeroed as well for compression?.

yeh most cube isos had the crap removed by the release groups
i can even remember releases being nuked because they had not had the garbage removed
the first cube releases were all 25 x 50MB files but in starcube's first release (zelda wind waker), which was the second "scene" cube release (eurasia's animal crossing was first) nfo they mentioned the garbage data and said that they will be releasing games removed of the garbage as it was not needed

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Quincy @ Quincy:
    Usually when such a big title leaks the Temp will be the first to report about it (going off of historical reports here, Pokemon SV being the latest one I can recall seeing pop up here)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I still like how a freaking mp3 file hacks webos all that security defeated by text yet again
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    They have simulators for everything nowdays, cray cray. How about a sim that shows you playing the Switch.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's called yuzu
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I want a 120hz 4k tv but crazy how more expensive the 120hz over the 60hz are. Or even more crazy is the price of 8k's.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    No real point since movies are 30fps
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Not a big movie buff, more of a gamer tbh. And Series X is 120hz 8k ready, but yea only 120hz 4k games out right now, but thinking of in the future.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Mostly why you never see TV manufacturers going post 60hz
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I only watch tv when i goto bed, it puts me to sleep, and I have a nas drive filled w my fav shows so i can watch them in order, commercial free. I usually watch Married w Children, or South Park
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Stremio ruined my need for nas
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I stream from Nas to firestick, one on every tv, and use Kodi. I'm happy w it, plays everything. (I pirate/torrent shows/movies on pc, and put on nas)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Kodi repost are still pretty popular
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What the hell is Kodi reposts? what do you mean, or "Wut?" -xdqwerty
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Google them basically web crawlers to movie sites
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    oh you mean the 3rd party apps on Kodi, yea i know what you mean, yea there are still a few cool ones, in fact watched the new planet of the apes movie other night w wifey thru one, was good pic surprisingly, not a cam
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Damn, only $2.06 and free shipping. Gotta cost more for them to ship than $2.06
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I got my Dad a firestick for Xmas and showed him those 3rd party sites on Kodi, he loves it, all he watches anymore. He said he has got 3 letters from AT&T already about pirating, but he says f them, let them shut my internet off (He wants out of his AT&T contract anyways)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's where stremio comes to play never got a letter about it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I just use a VPN, even give him my login and password so can use it also, and he refuses, he's funny.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I had to find and get him an old style flip phone even without text, cause thats what he wanted. No text, no internet, only phone calls. Old, old school.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    @BigOnYa, Lol I bought a new USB card reader thing on AliExpress last month for I think like 87 cents. Free shipping from China... It arrived it works and honestly I don't understand how it was so cheap.
    +1
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @BigOnYa, Lol I bought a new USB card reader thing on AliExpress last month for I think like 87... +1