GBAtemp Exclusive: WiiScrubber

Anakir

Project: Melee
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow! This application seems extremely useful. Props to the person who created this. This will make accessing the ISOs so much more faster.

wiigame

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I dont really see a practical use for this besides storage on a computer/other storage medium. In terms of burned games it's not like you can play multigame disks (or can you??), and like Snick mentioned it's not useful for shrinking dual layer disks, afterall why would they pay to use dual layer disks of all the data fits on a single layer.

I thought that you can create multiple boot discs, like for GC discs, so why cant you use those programs for wiigames? for example GC Tool.
I have another question, can you use this download to shrink GC isos also?

THANK YOU

dsbomb

Trophies
Website
dsbomb.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
I thought that you can create multiple boot discs, like for GC discs, so why cant you use those programs for wiigames? for example GC Tool.Â
I have another question, can you use this download to shrink GC isos also?

THANK YOU
You cannot use those programs for Wii games because Wii games are DIFFERENT from Gamecube games. Get that much through your heads, people.

Now, to shrink GC games, you need GCMUtility or my gcm tool.

Until someone releases the necessary keys to sign Wii ISOs, the Wii will not be getting anything like the GCOS multi-game image maker by emu_kidid.

Volkov

Trophies
XP
Country
wouldnt this be just insane for the life of the wii's laser?

will releases from now on still be dvd5 or stripped?

robi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France

You need to read how this works. It would be no different from any other burned game.

People saying that this trims isos are completely wrong. The iso is the same size. WiiScrubber replaces random garbage data with easy to compress data, ie.. zeros.

wiigame

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Will GC Tool work for shrinking GC isos, and if it does can someone please explain to me how to use it to shrink the GC isos.
Also, do all of the GC backups still work if you shrink them?

THANK YOU =]]]

wiigame

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can someone please give me a tutorial on how to shrink my GC isos. I was also wondering what the side effects of shrinking the GC isos, because I heard that it can hurt the wii laser, and sometimes even not make it read.

THANK YOU

.::5pYd3r::.

Viva La Pizza
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Can someone please give me a tutorial on how to shrink my GC isos. I was also wondering what the side effects of shrinking the GC isos, because I heard that it can hurt the wii laser, and sometimes even not make it read.

THANK YOU
This topic is NOT about shrinking gc isos, it is about a new tool called WiiScrubber made by GBATemp.net member dack. If you want to learn how to shrink gc isos try this website or start a new topic.

THANK YOU

Volkov

Trophies
XP
Country

You need to read how this works. It would be no different from any other burned game.

People saying that this trims isos are completely wrong. The iso is the same size. WiiScrubber replaces random garbage data with easy to compress data, ie.. zeros.

yeh I just read up on it. That is quite cool...
being a perfectionist and liking to everything "as is" or "how it came" when ripping etc...I'm not sure I know which to chose..just leave them how they are or change them. I mean this process is not reversible?

T3Sm0

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's the first step towards Wii Multigame-Discs!
Therefore it is brilliant
smile.gif

Magus

GBATEMP RPG MANIAC
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
i'm sorry for the nubbish question... but couldn't you use this program to make brawl videos into easy to compress but pointless data to make the game burnable on a single layer dvd?

Pikachu025

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
^ That's more or less what the DVD5 dump is, actually. Not exactly of course, but there wouldn't be any difference, the game would still hang at videos.

Dack

Trophies
XP
Country

yeh I just read up on it. That is quite cool...
being a perfectionist and liking to everything "as is" or "how it came" when ripping etc...I'm not sure I know which to chose..just leave them how they are or change them. I mean this process is not reversible?

It is reversable BUT needs a lot of data to reverse and is not automatically generated. If you diff the compressable and original iso's - the diff created file would be the 'repair'. If repair is required you would need to obtain the diff file and apply that to the compressable one.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I see here a lot of people don't understand what this tool is used for.

Could the first message (from the front page) remove the false explanation pictures and replace it with a good one ?
it says the iso is 300MB

The iso is not 300MB !
The iso is still 4.7GB, only the RAR are smaller and intended to upload and download it faster, not burn a multi boot DVD.

Explain that it's not a tool to shrink the iso, but to replace garbaged data in the iso, because 90% of people here think it's a shrinking tool :/

Thank you
smile.gif

mattlouf

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I see here a lot of people don't understand what this tool is used for.

Could the first message (from the front page) remove the false explanation pictures and replace it with a good one ?
it says the iso is 300MB

The iso is not 300MB !
The iso is still 4.7GB, only the RAR are smaller and intended to upload and download it faster, not burn a multi boot DVD.

Explain that it's not a tool to shrink the iso, but to replace garbaged data in the iso, because 90% of people here think it's a shrinking tool :/

Thank you
smile.gif

+1

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @sombrerosonic, I've never seen you in a while. How's that game getting on?
  • sombrerosonic @ sombrerosonic:
    Unity is a asshole and I want to set it on fire
    +1
    and C++
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @sombrerosonic, "Unity to die. Coding is a fuck."
    Rez how else am I suppose to make my horny AI who wants people to love it?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Real women are better, AI isn't worth the trouble.
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Mine would be easy. All it has to do is bob it's head :D:evil::blush:
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Psi can make an AI babe lol.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I knew I should've bought the 50ft ethernet cord over the 25 lesson learned size matters
    +2
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    vffvb gferwbgereg
    :O [☎️ Bunjolio's mother that he's swearing]
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    she*
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Fuck
    +1
  • J @ Just_Ragnar:
    What are mlc.bin files and are they important or can i delete them off my wii u sd card
    My apologies there little Miss @Bunjolio :mellow::blush::)
    Butt I'm still telling her :P
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Never gonna give you upNever gonna let you downNever gonna run around and desert youNever gonna make you cryNever gonna say goodbyeNever gonna tell a lie and hurt you
    I don't recognise the song. Which one is it?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Sigma
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Bunjolio, Sometimes people make mistakes, if you correct them then they'll remember.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Try not to easily get offended if somebody calls you by different pronouns by mistake.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Try not to easily get offended if somebody calls you by different pronouns by mistake.