GBAtemp Java Minecraft server - come hang out and play with your fellow GBAtemp users!

parentsultimateguide-minecraft-blog.jpeg

Introducing the GBAtemp Minecraft server! Party like it’s 2013, because we’ve decided to have fun by renting a Minecraft server, for GBAtemp users to come mine, craft, and chill out in. Hopefully, the community can have some fun together there!

Server Details

Minecraft 1.16.5
IP: mc.chary.tv

You’ll need Minecraft, of course, as well as CurseForge, which handles the automatic download of all the needed mods to play. After installing CurseForge, just grab the “TempCraft” pack by searching for it on CurseForge, and you’ll be all set.

:arrow: CurseForge Download

Tutorial1-1.png Tutorial2-1.png Tutorial3-1.png Tutorial4-1.png Tutorial5-1.png
A step-by-step guide
Info

This is Java Minecraft, and there are mods! The consensus was to keep things fairly vanilla, but with a bit of spice here and there to keep things interesting. You can expect to see the following mods:
  • Aquaculture
  • Better Caves
  • JEI
  • Chisel and Bits
  • Enhanced Vanilla
  • Genetic Animals
  • Quark
  • Pam’s Harvestcraft 2
  • Gravestone Mod
  • Biomes ‘o Plenty

And other neat tweaks and additions to make the normal Minecraft experience funner! (You can check the full mod list in CurseForge). General forum decency rules apply--don't grief, don't cheat, and try to have a good time!

We look forward to seeing who stops by!

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
if you need help later feel free to catch me in private message or dm so I can see it faster with notification :)

I deleted all chunks in that area using MCA selector, nice to have the visual. Hopefully that fixes things.
I'm confused why there was even an issue though considering you had played after things were fixed and those chunks you generated were also new.

edit: The server STILL crashed when I went there. Wtf is up with those chunks. I don't even get errors. It just crashes trying to create them

Last edited by Hells Malice,

Baoulettes

The lonely man
Trophies
Website
www.baoulettes.fr
XP
Country
France
I deleted all chunks in that area using MCA selector, nice to have the visual. Hopefully that fixes things.
I'm confused why there was even an issue though considering you had played after things were fixed and those chunks you generated were also new.

edit: The server STILL crashed when I went there. Wtf is up with those chunks. I don't even get errors. It just crashes trying to create them
do you have a full log file ?

xCNotex

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

That is what was happening to me in single player. Chunk was black and then went in it and error 0

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I fixed it. I hope.

It's an issue with performant. I'm almost certain it's a conflict with Mowzie's structures because the one time I loaded in I saw a Mowzie's boss structure in the area and then it crashed as usual.

Sucks I had to remove performant but uh, beats crashing.

I'm still deleting the server and making us a pixelmon server ;o; i'll troubleshoot zubats instead
(das a joke)

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yes weeks ago

I re-added Performant. Didn't realize just how absurd the performance difference actually was. The server went from a constant 50+ Mean Ticks and 10-15 TPS (should be max 40 Mean and stable 20 TPS) to like ... 9 Mean Ticks (lower is better) and solid 20 TPS even when generating chunks full speed flying.
Wild. If any more crashes arise from Performant i'll have to figure out the cause cuz man that mod is too valuable for a server with as many entities as we have. When certain people log in the TPS just dies without Performant. Oof.

Edit: Whelp I found another crash-y chunk and still have no idea why it happens. I'll probably test the ol' RAM out and pre-generate a large number of chunks and set a world border.

Slightly unrelated but I am still going to wipe the nether and end. Make them fresh to explore and if any errors reside in them like the overworld it'll get rid of them. The nether is acting a bit funky for sure.

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
I was the only one on the server yesterday. Hopefully more people will get on tonight.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Yes weeks ago

I re-added Performant. Didn't realize just how absurd the performance difference actually was. The server went from a constant 50+ Mean Ticks and 10-15 TPS (should be max 40 Mean and stable 20 TPS) to like ... 9 Mean Ticks (lower is better) and solid 20 TPS even when generating chunks full speed flying.
Wild. If any more crashes arise from Performant i'll have to figure out the cause cuz man that mod is too valuable for a server with as many entities as we have. When certain people log in the TPS just dies without Performant. Oof.

Edit: Whelp I found another crash-y chunk and still have no idea why it happens. I'll probably test the ol' RAM out and pre-generate a large number of chunks and set a world border.

Slightly unrelated but I am still going to wipe the nether and end. Make them fresh to explore and if any errors reside in them like the overworld it'll get rid of them. The nether is acting a bit funky for sure.
I can slaughter my jobless villagers and lower my goose count, that should help a bit

rip multimc
died due to account migration
UPDATE: the dev version of multimc has microsoft account horray
I run mine from a 4GB RAMdisk now.

Reactions: Crazynoob458

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I was the only one on the server yesterday. Hopefully more people will get on tonight.

I can slaughter my jobless villagers and lower my goose count, that should help a bit

I run mine from a 4GB RAMdisk now.

lol it would help but as long as I can keep Performant going the server is aces. It's genuinely insane how well it works. Wish I could figure out the issue it has with some extremely specific piece of chunk generation. It's very rare at least, and I just remove it and let whoever crashed generate the chunk. Not a great solution but meh.

Reactions: Jayro

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
lol it would help but as long as I can keep Performant going the server is aces. It's genuinely insane how well it works. Wish I could figure out the issue it has with some extremely specific piece of chunk generation. It's very rare at least, and I just remove it and let whoever crashed generate the chunk. Not a great solution but meh.
Yeah, these small hiccups are always a challenge, but fun to fix to a point. I hear using ECC ram works really well at preventing chunk corruption, and all DDR5 modules will have ECC by default, so there's hope for a future upgrade. (Especially if you setup a donation link, then we can donate for server hardware upgrades)

Reactions: bonkmaykr

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Loooooonng time No See dude
  • sombrerosonic @ sombrerosonic:
    Im not on here often
    +2
    So what's the latest on ya?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @sombrerosonic, I've never seen you in a while. How's that game getting on?
    Unity is a asshole and I want to set it on fire
    +1
    and C++
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @sombrerosonic, "Unity to die. Coding is a fuck."
    Rez how else am I suppose to make my horny AI who wants people to love it?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Real women are better, AI isn't worth the trouble.
    Mine would be easy. All it has to do is bob it's head :D:evil::blush:
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Psi can make an AI babe lol.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I knew I should've bought the 50ft ethernet cord over the 25 lesson learned size matters
    +2
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    vffvb gferwbgereg
    :O [☎️ Bunjolio's mother that he's swearing]
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    she*
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Fuck
    +1
  • J @ Just_Ragnar:
    What are mlc.bin files and are they important or can i delete them off my wii u sd card
    My apologies there little Miss @Bunjolio :mellow::blush::)
    Butt I'm still telling her :P
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Never gonna give you upNever gonna let you downNever gonna run around and desert youNever gonna make you cryNever gonna say goodbyeNever gonna tell a lie and hurt you
    I don't recognise the song. Which one is it?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Sigma
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sigma