GBAtemp Java Minecraft server - come hang out and play with your fellow GBAtemp users!

parentsultimateguide-minecraft-blog.jpeg

Introducing the GBAtemp Minecraft server! Party like it’s 2013, because we’ve decided to have fun by renting a Minecraft server, for GBAtemp users to come mine, craft, and chill out in. Hopefully, the community can have some fun together there!

Server Details

Minecraft 1.16.5
IP: mc.chary.tv

You’ll need Minecraft, of course, as well as CurseForge, which handles the automatic download of all the needed mods to play. After installing CurseForge, just grab the “TempCraft” pack by searching for it on CurseForge, and you’ll be all set.

:arrow: CurseForge Download

Tutorial1-1.png Tutorial2-1.png Tutorial3-1.png Tutorial4-1.png Tutorial5-1.png
A step-by-step guide
Info

This is Java Minecraft, and there are mods! The consensus was to keep things fairly vanilla, but with a bit of spice here and there to keep things interesting. You can expect to see the following mods:
  • Aquaculture
  • Better Caves
  • JEI
  • Chisel and Bits
  • Enhanced Vanilla
  • Genetic Animals
  • Quark
  • Pam’s Harvestcraft 2
  • Gravestone Mod
  • Biomes ‘o Plenty

And other neat tweaks and additions to make the normal Minecraft experience funner! (You can check the full mod list in CurseForge). General forum decency rules apply--don't grief, don't cheat, and try to have a good time!

We look forward to seeing who stops by!

Kirgane

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
So sorry, I think I triggered a buggy chunk and timed the server out again.

I can totally understand you want to do whatever's necessary to make the server run smoothly but it feels like using the RTP is just too risky now, as hitting a bad chunk is only a matter of time. It's a drag but for now I'm going to have to avoid exploring the overworld in the hours you aren't around because I don't want to take the server offline and prevent other peeps from having fun until you can reboot it.

Last edited by Kirgane,

rjwboys2

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i was able to log in yesterday now I'm getting "incomplete set of tags received from the server" and the server says incompatible vanilla server

my log about it

[12:33:40] [Render thread/WARN] [minecraft/ClientPlayNetHandler]: Incomplete server tags, disconnecting. Missing: {minecraft:item=[aquaculture:bobber, aquaculture:turtle_edible, aquaculture:tackle_box, forge:tools/wrench, aquaculture:fishing_line, forge:fillet_knife, aquaculture:tooltip], minecraft:block_entity_type=[craftingstation:blacklisted], minecraft:block=[forge:storage_blocks/blue_opal, forge:ore/green_opal, forge:ore/cinnabar, forge:storage_blocks/hematite, gaiadimension:copal_bricks, forge:storage_blocks/labradorite, forge:storage_blocks/pyrite, gaiadimension:fossilized_logs, gaiadimension:jade_bricks, forge:storage_blocks/euclase, forge:ore/sugilite, gaiadimension:base_stone_volcanic, forge:storage_blocks/aura, forge:ore/blue_opal, forge:storage_blocks/red_opal, forge:ore/labradorite, forge:storage_blocks/proustite, gaiadimension:jet_bricks, forge:storage_blocks/white_opal, gaiadimension:burning_logs, forge:ore/white_opal, gaiadimension:agate_tiles, forge:ore/red_opal, forge:storage_blocks/goldstone, forge:storage_blocks/chalcedony, forge:storage_blocks/benitoite, chiselsandbits:chiselable/forced, gaiadimension:aura_logs, gaiadimension:green_agate_logs, chiselsandbits:chiselable/blocked, gaiadimension:Purple_agate_logs, framedblocks:blacklisted, forge:ore/moonstone, forge:storage_blocks/leucite, forge:storage_blocks/moonstone, gaiadimension:base_stone_static, gaiadimension:Pink_agate_logs, forge:ore/hematite, forge:storage_blocks/cinnabar, forge:storage_blocks/ixiolite, framedblocks:frameable, forge:storage_blocks/diopside, forge:storage_blocks/tektite, forge:storage_blocks/carnelian, forge:storage_blocks/sugilite, gaiadimension:amethyst_bricks, gaiadimension:blue_agate_logs, forge:storage_blocks/bismuth, forge:storage_blocks/green_opal, gaiadimension:burnt_logs, gaiadimension:gaia_bricks, forge:ore/pyrite, gaiadimension:corrupted_logs]}

Last edited by rjwboys2,

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So sorry, I think I triggered a buggy chunk and timed the server out again.

I can totally understand you want to do whatever's necessary to make the server run smoothly but it feels like using the RTP is just too risky now, as hitting a bad chunk is only a matter of time. It's a drag but for now I'm going to have to avoid exploring the overworld in the hours you aren't around because I don't want to take the server offline and prevent other peeps from having fun until you can reboot it.

I'm going to be pre-generating chunks hopefully to mainly solve the issue. Only problem is it means I have to remove performant and it takes ages to generate chunks even with 40gb of ram lol, and it makes the server pretty unplayable. I've been busy lately so I couldn't babysit it and it takes a while. It'll also apparently be about 40gb for a 50k x 50k world so lol. Really hope no one built farther out than that.

i was able to log in yesterday now I'm getting "incomplete set of tags received from the server" and the server says incompatible vanilla server

Chary rebooted the server this morning and i'm not sure what she hit, but she launched a vanilla minecraft server file as well as the regular server lmao. So it probably tried to connect you to that. My bad.

Reactions: bonkmaykr

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
Is the Minimap bugged for anyone else? It's mostly black chunks around the outside edge for me, and has been for a few updates now. And this is on already-genned chunks.

stitchxd

Trophies
Website
gnusocial.me
XP
Country
United States
This might be something to look into down the line later. https://geysermc.org/
IDK if it works with the mods in place, but it allows crossplay between Java and Bedrock if the server admins employ it.
Geyser works with server-side only mods (mods that dont require the client to have it installed) as far as I've tested.

Nerdtendo

Your friendly neighborhood idiot
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Geyser works with server-side only mods (mods that dont require the client to have it installed) as far as I've tested.
Oh shoot. That's actually pretty cool. Not quite applicable in this situation. I might try installing some server side mods on my personal server and using geyser though

Reactions: stitchxd

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
@mk0 can you please move your mob spawner's sharestone to the bottom level of the mob spawner? Having people jump to their death to get down is less than ideal...

xCNotex

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lol! I haven’t died yet from it, but have had so many near death experiences. Gives me a bit of a thrill.

Navonod

Luigi from Luigi's Mansion
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here are the cords to my base. I removed all the claims. Take what you want.
Edit: If for what ever reason the claim didn't delete, then I ask Malice to do it. It spawned me in
like I was a new player. All I did was run the commands and left.

Last edited by Navonod,

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Here are the cords to my base. I removed all the claims. Take what you want.
Edit: If for what ever reason the claim didn't delete, then I ask Malice to do it. It spawned me in
like I was a new player. All I did was run the commands and left.

Feel free to quit but if it's because you logged in without your stuff, my backups include player data so I have one from the 31st I could replace yours with. Or the 30th

If you did anything different when logging in it'd be interesting to know why that might've happened, though I removed custom starter gear and will just put in a less obtrusive mod later

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Is the Minimap bugged for anyone else? It's mostly black chunks around the outside edge for me, and has been for a few updates now. And this is on already-genned chunks.

I looked into it and apparently Xaero released an alpha update that fixes a bunch of issues, one of them being corrupt map files on multiplayer servers.

I updated and the issue still exists but when I go to one of the wonky regions on the map it seems to fix the region.
Also seems to depend on zoom level (when corrupted) so you can probably zoom in or out and be able to see the chunks.
If you're feeling ambitious you could switch to journeymaps. It's a much heavier mod but I never had issues like this with it so eh

Reactions: Jayro

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
I looked into it and apparently Xaero released an alpha update that fixes a bunch of issues, one of them being corrupt map files on multiplayer servers.

I updated and the issue still exists but when I go to one of the wonky regions on the map it seems to fix the region.
Also seems to depend on zoom level (when corrupted) so you can probably zoom in or out and be able to see the chunks.
If you're feeling ambitious you could switch to journeymaps. It's a much heavier mod but I never had issues like this with it so eh
I miss Rei's Minimap, but I don't know if it's still being updated or not.

Navonod

Luigi from Luigi's Mansion
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Feel free to quit but if it's because you logged in without your stuff, my backups include player data so I have one from the 31st I could replace yours with. Or the 30th

If you did anything different when logging in it'd be interesting to know why that might've happened, though I removed custom starter gear and will just put in a less obtrusive mod later
That isn't the reason I quit. I've got other things I want to put more time into. If you can get my inventory back I can give that away also.
Edit: It could have been the mojang to microsoft migration. Just a guess.

Last edited by Navonod,

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
That isn't the reason I quit. I've got other things I want to put more time into. If you can get my inventory back I can give that away also.
Edit: It could have been the mojang to microsoft migration. Just a guess.
My migration went smoothly.

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
For anyone having issues with Xaero's Minimap, I find VoxelMap Mod to be a great alternative option:

http://www.9minecraft.net/voxelmap-mod/

View attachment 274590

Be extremely careful downloading anything from sites like 9minecraft or other illegal upload sites. There's a ton of them and they like to lace bad shit in with downloads. Pretty much stick to curseforge or the mods own official website if they have one. https://www.curseforge.com/minecraft/mc-mods/voxelmap

Reactions: Jayro

x65943

i can be your sega dreamcast or sega nightmarecast
Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just wanna say I am seriously impressed by some of the stuff I saw on this server

I feel slightly ashamed of my cobblestone house :P

Reactions: Chary and Jayro

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
I just wanna say I am seriously impressed by some of the stuff I saw on this server

I feel slightly ashamed of my cobblestone house :P
Yeah, some of the mob farms people have come up with blow my mind!

Reactions: Chary and x65943

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: No. but I hear they might get a Lego set :rofl2::tpi: