GBAtemp Staff V.S Members - The Points Tug-of-War Game

HarveyHouston

Christian Modder
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is my first game! This is based on another forum game I ran across on another site. This game also requires a bit of knowledge in simple arithmetic; if you're not good at first grade math, then you might either want to brush up on it, or not play this game!

Each side is divided up into two teams - the GBAtemp Staff (listed here) and everyone else, or Normal Members. The goal of the game is for either side to accumulate an absolute value minimum of 500 points.

The game can be started by anyone, and they can automatically add or subtract points based on their membership status, however it must alternate between Staff Members and Normal Members (i.e. Normal, Staff, Normal, Staff, etc.). GBAtemp Staff will subtract from the score in order to reach -500, while others will add to it in an attempt to reach 500.

The score starts at 0, and each player adds or subtracts from the current score and posts ONLY THE RESULT (for instance, 2).

Points System

Read this section carefully; and add the points based on all the qualifiers that you meet.

Normal Members
  • Every Normal Member, i.e. those not listed as Staff (see link above) will add 1 to the score.
  • Normal members who are also GBAtemp Patrons can add an additional 2 points.
  • Developers can add an additional 4 points.
  • Members who are also Former Staff can add an additional 6 points.

Staff Members
  • Reviewers, Contributors, and Reporters each subtract 1 point.
  • Moderators and Global Moderators each subtract 2 points.
  • Supervisors can subtract 3 points.
  • Chief and Senior Editors can subtract 4 points.
  • Administrators can subtract 5 points.
  • Staff members who are also GBAtemp Patrons can subtract an additional 1 point.

Other Rules

• Do NOT post multiple times in a row! This will not give you an advantage - extra posts may be deleted. Wait until the other side has a chance to post.
  • Try to post only the current score. Add or subtract based on the previous score and your membership status, and post only the result. So, if the score was 250, and you're a Normal Member who is a GBAtemp Patron, you would post "253".
  • Do not post if someone on your team has already posted. Wait until the opposing team has posted a score. If you accidentally post when someone else does, the score with the lower absolute value will be kept, and the other one deleted.

When one side has an absolute value of 500 points, the winning team will be declared. Then the game may begin again at 0.

May the best team win! :hrth:

Last edited by HarveyHouston,

HarveyHouston

Christian Modder
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
HOLD EVERYTHING! I think there is a bit of confusion as to how the rules work. Let me try to explain things better...

So, when using the points system as described above, this is how you post. Let's say that the number has built up to 25, and it's the Normal Member team's turn. So therefore let's look at some possible scenarios...

You're a member with no additional qualifiers. You are worth one point, so you would post 26.

Staff turn. You're Chary, the Chief Editor. Chary is also a GBAtemp Patron, so she would subtract 26 - 4 - 1 and paste the difference: 21.

Normal Member turn. You're Cyan, who used to be on the Staff but is now a normal member. You add six points, making it 27.

Now, let's throw in some other scenarios that will probably occur...

It's the Staff's turn. Chary posts 22 and Scarlet posts 26. Scarlet subtracted less, so her score would be valid.

It's the Normal Members' turn. I post 23 and JonSilvera (a developer) posts 26. I added less, so my score would be valid.

It's the Staff's turn. x65943 posts 20 and then 17. You can't double subtract or add, so only the first time counts, i.e. the 20.

Get the idea? This just takes a bit of simple arithmetic, so try to use your gray matter a little more!

Now let's start again from 0. I'll add 1 since I'm a normal member without any additional perks, so...

Reactions: slaphappygamer

Julie_Pilgrim

Secretly three raccoons in a trench coat
Trophies
Website
zoey-on-github.github.io
XP
Country
United States
HOLD EVERYTHING! I think there is a bit of confusion as to how the rules work. Let me try to explain things better...

So, when using the points system as described above, this is how you post. Let's say that the number has built up to 25, and it's the Normal Member team's turn. So therefore let's look at some possible scenarios...

You're a member with no additional qualifiers. You are worth one point, so you would post 26.

Staff turn. You're Chary, the Chief Editor. Chary is also a GBAtemp Patron, so she would subtract 26 - 4 - 1 and paste the difference: 21.

Normal Member turn. You're Cyan, who used to be on the Staff but is now a normal member. You add six points, making it 27.

It's the Staff's turn. Chary posts 22 and Scarlet posts 26. Scarlet subtracted less, so her score would be valid.

It's the Normal Members' turn. I post 23 and JonSilvera (a developer) posts 26. I added less, so my score would be valid.

It's the Staff's turn. x65943 posts 20 and then 17. You can't double subtract or add, so only the first time counts, i.e. the 20.

Get the idea? This just takes a bit of simple arithmetic, so try to use your gray matter a little more!

Now let's start again from 0. I'll add 1 since I'm a normal member without any additional perks, so...

:wacko:

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica

I am a former staff member. I was the admin of Filetrip until I did something stupid

Last edited by The Catboy,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Is Janet Jackson alive?