smileyhead

I like cute stuff.
Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
Hungary
There is a placeholder box on the XP leaderboard.

1632902603702.png

• Haha
Reactions: VinsCool

Moquedami

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Hi everyone!
I am experiencing a wierd font problem with the site since the update. I tried changing many options from the preferences tab but no success.
I thought it could be some configuration problem in my Chrome, but after installing Edge it shows the same problem.
Any idea on how to fix this?

Attachments

• Sin título.png
    Sin título.png
    42.1 KB · Views: 83
  • Haha
Reactions: smileyhead

Sono

cripple piss
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
When using a VPN on my tablet (any browser) I get an error and I'm unable to use the site until I connect to a new server. Which is a timebomb, anyway.

"Oops! We ran into some problems."

That happens most likely because Cloudflare intercepts the API calls, which messes with the Javascript of XF2.
Pretty sure that must've been an issue before the upgrade as well, especially when one time it was cranked up harder than usual.
It's most likely just a coincidence that the Cloudflare protection level has been cranked up just as the upgrade was deployed.

Pretty sure there are at least two Cloudflare threads in the "site discussion and suggestions" subforum, try also reporting it there as well.

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
That happens most likely because Cloudflare intercepts the API calls, which messes with the Javascript of XF2.
Pretty sure that must've been an issue before the upgrade as well, especially when one time it was cranked up harder than usual.
It's most likely just a coincidence that the Cloudflare protection level has been cranked up just as the upgrade was deployed.

Pretty sure there are at least two Cloudflare threads in the "site discussion and suggestions" subforum, try also reporting it there as well.

I will look at those threads some more, but so far it's not the same issue as what I'm seeing. It only happens on desktop mode. Tried it on my phone, using the same VPN and don't get the error. So, it's a weird one...

But it was working fine before the upgrade.

Costello

Headmaster
Administrator
Trophies
XP
I will look at those threads some more, but so far it's not the same issue as what I'm seeing. It only happens on desktop mode. Tried it on my phone, using the same VPN and don't get the error. So, it's a weird one...

But it was working fine before the upgrade.
I changed a setting on cloudflare, can you try again?

also, we have "Privacy pass" enabled for Cloudflare, so apparently getting this addon might help (I dont know much more sorry): https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/privacy-pass/ajhmfdgkijocedmfjonnpjfojldioehi?hl=en

Reactions: Kioku

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States

Costello

Headmaster
Administrator
Trophies
XP
Unfortunately, that did not fix my issue. Oddly enough I'm now getting it when the VPN is not in use.

This issue only occurs when I'm using my tablet.
What I did was changing the "overall security level" of the site to "Low" in cloudflare instead of Medium. Can't do any lower - the next one is just downright "off".

So uhhh...

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
What I did was changing the "overall security level" of the site to "Low" in cloudflare instead of Medium. Can't do any lower - the next one is just downright "off".

So uhhh...
Into the trash my tablet goes.

Costello

Headmaster
Administrator
Trophies
XP
well maybe try stuff like clearing cache, using a different browser, incognito mode, ad blockers, or that sort of stuff? I dont know
how about try this: create a wifi access point from your phone using 4G, connect your tablet to it, and see if it works any better? something like that... we need to pinpoint the cause of the issues

Sono

cripple piss
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
Sorry to interject, just want to report that whatever has happened in the past 24hrs, on my phone the page loads almost twice as fast now compared to almost a day ago.
Though "two times faster" is still almost a whole minute, but it's definitely noticable.

Still on phone, one thing that has been going on for more than a day though is that I have to open the notifications twice after a page load, because the first time it's completely empty and disfunctional.

And the periodic Android-wide hangs still occur while a tab is open. Other webpages I visit on phone (not much) don't do this at all.

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
how about try this: create a wifi access point from your phone using 4G, connect your tablet to it, and see if it works any better? something like that... we need to pinpoint the cause of the issues
I'll try that, but I'm at home now.. No VPN and still have the issue.

jhmiller

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Another XP Problem:
1633016698754.png

According to this, I am level 7 and my XP is 1158. Level 8 is 1240, but "Level up in" says 1239.
It seems the counter assumes that I have 1 point out of 1240.
Perhaps the periods and / or commas are incorrect for "Level up in"?

Maybe the same thing happens with Likes that do not add to the XP?

Last edited by jhmiller,

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Seems like the Cloudfare issue on WiiU has been solved. I can now access the Temp consistently throughout many pages.

However, there's still another issue keeping the WiiU Browser from properly viewing sites.

It seems like there's a content box that gets anchored to the site, and even when scrolling up or down on the WiiU, the box stays in the same place, while the background (the page itself) seems to be moving and scrolling properly.

I took screenshots of two examples, one when trying to watch the latest posts, and another when trying to watch any kind of news article.

Attachments

• IMG_20210930_184122.jpg
    IMG_20210930_184122.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 73
  • IMG_20210930_184234.jpg
    IMG_20210930_184234.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 76
Reactions: Costello

Sono

cripple piss
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
I wonder, can groups also have tags like on subforums? It would be great for organization and quickly finding specific things.
I also wonder if it's possible to disable thread posting in a group.
Edit: and while at it, being able to tie a downloadable resource to a group thread instead of a forum thread?

It would be great if all of them were possible, as I have a good use idea for groups, without having to fire up an entire wiki instance and screw around with Talk: pages.

I just hope that I won't have to shut it down on the premise of being slightly discriminatory.

Costello

Headmaster
Administrator
Trophies
XP
Another XP Problem:
View attachment 277775
According to this, I am level 7 and my XP is 1158. Level 8 is 1240, but "Level up in" says 1239.
It seems the counter assumes that I have 1 point out of 1240.
Perhaps the periods and / or commas are incorrect for "Level up in"?

Maybe the same thing happens with Likes that do not add to the XP?
that's a weird issue. @shaunj66 and @tj_cool would need to look into it both

so it works on Tapatalk now, but you should make it so you can join groups on Tapatalk.
I believe we have no flexibility at all with tapatalk. It doesn't support that sort of addons :( best use the website

I wonder, can groups also have tags like on subforums? It would be great for organization and quickly finding specific things.
I also wonder if it's possible to disable thread posting in a group.
Edit: and while at it, being able to tie a downloadable resource to a group thread instead of a forum thread?

It would be great if all of them were possible, as I have a good use idea for groups, without having to fire up an entire wiki instance and screw around with Talk: pages.

I just hope that I won't have to shut it down on the premise of being slightly discriminatory.
both suggestions are great, we'll look into them. The groups addon is still quite hard to manoeuver for us at the moment. Thanks for your patience.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Let me finish do the harder drugs