United States
Schlupi said:
_Chaz_ said:
tl;dr

What exactly did you do?

Try readin his topic he linked to.
tongue.gif
Oh, that.

Making a thread like that was bound to get you into some kind of trouble. I still think you made it in order to get a reaction out of several people on the site.

Miss Panda

Trophies
XP
Country
_Chaz_ said:
Schlupi said:
_Chaz_ said:
tl;dr

What exactly did you do?

tongue.gif
Oh, that.

Making a thread like that was bound to get you into some kind of trouble. I still think you made it in order to get a reaction out of several people on the site.
I don't, and I said as much on Rhydian's thread. And Rhydian stated it was NOT Rayder or his blog that caused it, he had been thinking about it for a month, and it had a lot to do with disagreeing on some forum policy.

Rayder did nothing, wrong and loads of people agreed with him.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I consider you as an elder (wise talking).
You are older than me, and were a staff before me who helped users, and you are an active member.

I don't know why your blog took such a huge importance over the recent events, I guess it's because you are writing in a serious style.

About starfox :
Me too, I like Starfox character, the same way I can like any other animal character in any games, that doesn't make me a fervent admirator of those race to the point of loving them and doing too many talk around the subject.
Though I understand users who want to role-play on internet forums.
I think the role-play became too important and spread amongst other users, which create lovers and haters
frown.gif

I think the role-play wouldn't have spread in important/serious topics. (but I didn't follow them all, so I don't really know how far it spread. I took the subject in the middle and am trying to understand it).

_Chaz_

GBAtemp's Official Mook™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Miss Panda said:
_Chaz_ said:
Schlupi said:
_Chaz_ said:
tl;dr

What exactly did you do?

tongue.gif
Oh, that.

I don't, and I said as much on Rhydian's thread. And Rhydian stated it was NOT Rayder or his blog that caused it, he had been thinking about it for a month, and it had a lot to do with disagreeing on some forum policy.

I never said I blamed him for the Rydian incident, nor did I say his opinion was wrong. Merely what I thought was the reason for the thread actually being posted.

I could make an antisemitic thread on any forum of the internet and, assuming it didn't get removed with my immediate ban, I would get plenty of people who agreed with the thread's statements. I'm not saying I'm antisemitic in any way, but having people agree with you is not an acceptable excuse for posting a controversial thread.

Miss Panda

Trophies
XP
Country
_Chaz_ said:
Miss Panda said:
_Chaz_ said:
Schlupi said:
_Chaz_ said:
tl;dr

What exactly did you do?

tongue.gif
Oh, that.

I never said I blamed him for the Rydian incident, nor did I say his opinion was wrong. Merely what I thought was the reason for the thread actually being posted.

I could make an antisemitic thread on any forum of the internet and, assuming it didn't get removed with my immediate ban, I would get plenty of people who agreed with the thread's statements. I'm not saying I'm antisemitic in any way, but having people agree with you is not an acceptable excuse for posting a controversial thread.
I never said that at all. I never claimed that many agreeing with him means the intent had to be innocent.
I am saying
I believe his intent was not malicious.

And independently of that
I believe it is noteworthy that many felt glad it was posted too

Issac

Iᔕᔕᗩᑕ
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
I agree with your previous blog entry... and I don't think you did anything wrong. I think some peoples reaction to it on the other hand was insane.
You didn't say furries, gay, whatever weren't allowed or anything.

In my oppinion, I don't mind people saying what they are... If A gay little catboy say he is gay (duh
tongue.gif
) I don't mind! Or that he loves his boyfriend, or gonna move together... I'm fine with it all!
smile.gif
I'm glad!
And if rydian say he is a furry, and draw some pictures and whatever... fine!
smile.gif

The only thing I don't want, is to hear the details of any sexual acts, or.. you know... stuff. Unless it's in it's appropriate discussion thread! of course!
We've discussed sex before, and sure anything should be allowed there, hetero, bi, homo, furry, midgets, dolls, etc.

So, You: Not to blame.
The one's blowing it all out of porportion: go home! (and no, not Rydian.. didn't mean you here)

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Savior of the broken
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
inb4igetdraggedintothis.

I really don't blame you for Rydian's leave, as upsetting as it was. But I am going to say what I was about to say before the other thread was closed
I really don't recall this much hate before. I recall some hate on me when I first joined and some boneheads were busting my chops about my screen name and how open I am about myself, but then it stopped. Still I don't see the all problem people are talking about. I mean sure there was a bit of an issue when Rydian first joined, but he settled down a lot and has become a super productive member of this site. I don't see the reason to get all against someone for being different. I mean yeah they are somewhat weird and may be different, but in for the most part they are very productive and some flavor to this site.
I think closing the doors to this site and saying "Gaming and Hacking only" will only kill this site more and just cause problems when unique people with a lot to offer can't offer anything to this site. Honestly I think it's the nice mix of people and interest that could make this site more interesting, otherwise just talking about gaming and hacking would just be boring and just exclusive to the few who want to do that.

Demonstryde

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A Gay Little Catboy said:
inb4igetdraggedintothis.

I really don't blame you for Rydian's leave, as upsetting as it was. But I am going to say what I was about to say before the other thread was closed
I really don't recall this much hate before. I recall some hate on me when I first joined and some boneheads were busting my chops about my screen name and how open I am about myself, but then it stopped. Still I don't see the all problem people are talking about. I mean sure there was a bit of an issue when Rydian first joined, but he settled down a lot and has become a super productive member of this site. I don't see the reason to get all against someone for being different. I mean yeah they are somewhat weird and may be different, but in for the most part they are very productive and some flavor to this site.
I think closing the doors to this site and saying "Gaming and Hacking only" will only kill this site more and just cause problems when unique people with a lot to offer can't offer anything to this site. Honestly I think it's the nice mix of people and interest that could make this site more interesting, otherwise just talking about gaming and hacking would just be boring and just exclusive to the few who want to do that.
+1 as i stated previously, if it turns to just gaming and hacking i will remove my account.

Midna

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
I think I can post here because it will not bump. From the other blog post:
QUOTE said:
...but over the last few years this place has become flooded with people who insist on making normal people uncomfortable with their aberrant, and frankly, somewhat disgusting views. It's time for that to stop.
I read your entire first blog. By my count, exactly one furry stepped forward in defense, amid 6 pages of pure, distilled hate, or at least uncomfortable-ness and dislike. I wonder which side is the epidemic...?

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What? This thread is still open?

Mods, just go ahead and close this already.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: You need better couch potatoes la +1