Hardware Getting a new computer

xJonny

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Meh, i 'built' my computer with about $900 w/o the monitor (or orignal windows 8D).

Specs:
nForce 680LTSli motherboard
intel 2.4Ghz E6600 C2D processor
GeForce 8500GT GFX card
2 Gigs APOGEE ram (1*2GB in dual channel)
320GB SATA Western Digital HDD

Yeah that's about it. I payed like $35 or something for a PC case. Nothing fancy or known, but either way i don't need a great case

Basically Mac is for people who hate Windows and have a bunch of extra money

Edit: Look at my sig, that message is actually real. Look how LOW apple have sunken, that they actually promote their product because you can install windows alongside it. Seriously that's just pathetic. However i think that the Mac OSX is probably pretty good, even though i didn't try it, but most people hate it because it's too expensive, has bad support for a crapload of programs/games etc., and that it's completely different and would take time to get used to. What's that you say? Linux has even WORSE support than Mac? Well yeah ofcourse but the difference is that Linux is free, and there are some patches which make windows progs work.

Funny how you call it a homo sexual OS in your sig but you have yet to try it, due to this how can you base an opinion on something you never used? And no the OS is not expensive, the Hardware is. The Actual OS is $130 vs a couple hundreds for Vista.

You can get Vista for around $100

Mangofett

GBAtemp Testing Area
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

ZeWarrior

TheWarrior
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
90 dollars OEM !

Do NOT get Home Basic. I'm sure you can read some horror stories about it.

Home Premium is better, and not much more expensive.

This. on Newegg OEM Home Premium is $110 or so I think. But you guys do know I meant Retail right?
Does it make a difference? Why buy retail?

They're basically the same version, but OEM can only be installed on one mother board, Retail can be installed multiple times. But I believe both can only be activated once.

BoneMonkey

The cheese stash is a lie.
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
i have a OEM version of XP i installed on tons of computers lol

i think OEM means with out manuals boxes ETC and you have to purchase it with hardware

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Ahhhh ok