PS1/2 Getting PSX Product Codes (SLUS-01290, etc...)

NeMesiS

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia

NeMesiS

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Sweet, thats a start...

I'm using roms with bin/cue not sure if I've ever tried mounting them before on Linux...

I tried using "jpsxdec_v0-99-7_rev3397" to open an image to get my head around the structure,
but I couldn't find and files with the product code, this might not be the right app for the job...

This is really the first time I'm going into depth on PSX roms, I might need a bit more info..

Cheers

cracker

Nyah!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not sure what tools there are for mounting images on *nix but the root of the first track shows the executable named with the title id. Either through a script or manually, you can easily find it.

NeMesiS

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I finally got my head around things... The first game I happened to check was "Ace Combat (Japan)" which didn't contain anything obvious in regards to the product code, I've since checked a bunch of other games and it was quite easy to see. I dont think there is any direct way of mounting bin/cue within Linux that I could find but I was able to convert bin/cue to iso using "bchunk" and was able to mount it that way... Thanks for your assistance...

soaresden

Trophies
XP
Country
France
You can make a script to search the image files for S??S_###.##.
How you do this ?

I'm trying to make a vb.net soft just to get this ID ! (to be able to rename my iso's) with this id in the filename

EDIT : got it working via RegEx :

Dim PSXIDpattern As Regex = New Regex("53 [a-zA-Z0-9]+ [a-zA-Z0-9]+ 53 5F [0-9][0-9] [0-9][0-9] [0-9][0-9] 2E [0-9][0-9] [0-9][0-9]")

which is equivalent to S??S_###.##

Last edited by soaresden,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Could just be Sony bs locking partitions and all like lol shouldn't of removed it