Gaming GoldenEye XBLA and RGH X360

MockyLock

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello here.
So i finally installed GoldenEye XBLA on my RGH X360 and could play a few missions.
However i can' t make it appear in the Games menu in Freestyle 3. I have to start it through the File Manager.
I can't recall how i did for the many games i already set up in my console. I thought the just a scan would do make it, but it seems it's not that.
Could anyone advise me ?
Thank you in advance !

Last edited by MockyLock,

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I'm unsure if extracted XBLA can pop up in FSD/Aurora, you could always try to increase the scandepth a bit for the folder that stores XBLA.

Perhaps it might work if you rebuild the GOD container of Goldeneye.
I haven't tested it meself tho, been to busy with things un-related to the 360 haha.

Reactions: BigOnYa

MockyLock

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
i still can understand about scan paths, but for sure i'm not able to rebuild anything for it.
I'll have a look into this scan options this WE and let you know.
Thank you for taking care !

BigOnYa

Has A Very Big
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i still can understand about scan paths, but for sure i'm not able to rebuild anything for it.
I'll have a look into this scan options this WE and let you know.
Thank you for taking care !
In FSD settings, you select the path for it to look for games, homebrew, emulators, etc. So place the new folder on hdd somewhere, then make sure the path is selected in FSD settings, "Manage Game Path" then rescan for games to find it. And since it is a XBLA title, you may have to goto the XBOX LIVE ARCADE tab to find this game listed to play it, instead of XBOX 360 GAMES.

Last edited by BigOnYa,

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it should work by scanning it. it may not have any box art, but it doesn't need it to be a part of the list of games. it will take the icon from the default.xex from what I remember, so it may have one of those.

MockyLock

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Thank you all for the help.
By reading you, i'm pretty sure it's a matter of scanning path.
I will lt you know about my progress.
See you !

BigOnYa

Has A Very Big
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That be a good question tho @godreborn...Is there a way to create your own box-art for it, and use on FSD. I will look into myself and post here if I find anything about it.

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
99.9% of the time when games aren't showing, it's scan path related.

That be a good question tho @godreborn...Is there a way to create your own box-art for it, and use on FSD. I will look into myself and post here if I find anything about it.

Yeah you can make your own custom FSD cover art.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

yes, if you use the http connection by connecting your computer to FSD (possibly Aurora), it will allow you to change box art.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

btw, I got it to work with just the jtag rip:

20210205_060511.jpg

BigOnYa

Has A Very Big
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you, will have to try. Have others I'd like to make box-art for too. Any requirements for pics- file types, size, etc, for box-art?

Last edited by BigOnYa,
Reactions: godreborn

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you, will have to try. Any requirements for pics- file types, size, etc, for box-art.

not sure of the dimensions. I know that I used to download box art and artwork for things like dashlaunch, then upload to FSD's database. you can even see what you've hidden as far as other discs and whatnot. I think a connection from the pc may be the only way to get access to hidden games.

BigOnYa

Has A Very Big
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
not sure of the dimensions. I know that I used to download box art and artwork for things like dashlaunch, then upload to FSD's database. you can even see what you've hidden as far as other discs and whatnot. I think a connection from the pc may be the only way to get access to hidden games.
Yea I've downloaded the box-art before from FSD or Aurora, just online w it, but never tried custom, will try it tho. Figured I can FTP to it w PC. Thanks

Last edited by BigOnYa,

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you just need to type the ip address of your 360 into the address window after enabling http connection in FSD or Aurora. by default, it might have a password and username (which you can change).

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't use it much anymore. I used to use it, but when I lost an hdd, I didn't bother with custom box art. obviously, there's no box art available for goldeneye, but I probably won't be keeping the game. I have it by itself, so I made a custom path directly to it.

op, make sure you leave enough time to scan for the game, because it will scan all paths as well as scan title updates before it's done. you can tell if it's done, because you'll get an error if you try scanning while it's in the middle of scanning. I have nearly a thousand games and title updates, so it took a while to get to the game.

earthprime1212

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The game loaded slow on my RGH using the JTAG rip (strangely it loaded very fast on my JTAG console). I got it to work with the BEAN version (xex exposed in the directory) by dropping the BEAN folder into hdd1/content/000000000. Adding a custom cover is failing for me. In auora/data/gamedata there isn't a BEAN folder, so no idea where to drop my custom art. I found a folder 584108A9 (i think this is from the attempt with the JTAG version) so I dropped my art here (BK584108A9.asset for example) but the cover art doesn't change from a blank image on the Aurora dash.

Reactions: naddel81

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The game loaded slow on my RGH using the JTAG rip (strangely it loaded very fast on my JTAG console). I got it to work with the BEAN version (xex exposed in the directory) by dropping the BEAN folder into hdd1/content/000000000. Adding a custom cover is failing for me. In auora/data/gamedata there isn't a BEAN folder, so no idea where to drop my custom art. I found a folder 584108A9 (i think this is from the attempt with the JTAG version) so I dropped my art here (BK584108A9.asset for example) but the cover art doesn't change from a blank image on the Aurora dash.
You may have to restart. It's part of the database.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
there's the bean folder:

upload_2021-2-5_18-53-53.png

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @mthrnite, Cheetah Girls, the sequel to Action 52's Cheetah Men.
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Pokemon Black I played that one a lot
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Honestly never messed with Pokémon on ds much
  • mthrnite @ mthrnite:
    I played pokemon once, was bored, never tried again
    Oh Dragon Quest IX
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Spent like 5 hours on switch one never touched it again
    Sentinel of the stary skies
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ds is 20 years old this year
    So MJ no longer wants to play with it?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He put it down when the 3ds came out
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, RIP Felix does great videos on the PS3 yellow-light-of-death.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    Eventhough the New 3DS XL is more powerful, I still feel like the DS Lite was a more polished system. It's a real shame that it never got an XL variant keeping the GBA slot. You'd have to go on AliExpress and buy an ML shell to give a DS phat the unofficial "DS Lite" treatment, and that's the best we'll ever get I'm afraid.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    The phat model had amazingly loud speakers tho.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Jayro, I don't see whats so special about the DS ML, its just a DS lite in a phat shell. At least the phat model had louder speakers, whereas the lite has a much better screen.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    They probably said "Hey, why not we combine the two together and make a 'new' DS to sell".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a DS Lite in a slightly bigger DS Lite shell.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not a Nintendo / iQue official product, it's a 3rd party custom.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nothing special about it other than it's more comfortable than the Lite
    for people with beefy hands.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I have yaoi anime hands, very lorge but slender.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I'm Slenderman.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I have hands.
    Veho @ Veho: +1