puss2puss

.. well ..
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hello Tempers,
Today i would like to ask a small favor to the community.

My very close friend is living a nightmare, ever since she was fired from her job after 13 years of service (Montreal hospital).
She tought it would be her life career so she's taking it pretty rough.

Her birthday is July 1st and i would like to ask to the community, if possible, to write in the comments, advices and good words here on the thread, that she will see only July 1st.

The goal is that she can feel, that she's not alone and that life is still worth it even after the loss of her job.

Thanks!

Reactions: BlazeMasterBM

Dust2dust

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Being fired after 13 years of service would be justifiable only if she did a major mistake or f*ck-up. If she was just laid off, she should be able to find another job easily in the health care system.

Reactions: puss2puss

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To puss2puss friend, getting fired from a job can be tough, but it is not the end of the world. There are much better jobs out there, so she should start looking. I was laid off from my previous job back in October 2017, took me like a year to find my current job; but I end up finding a much better job, and much higher paying job than what I was getting paid before.

D34DL1N3R

Nephilim
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
One of my all time favorite songs for when I feel defeated and helpless is Verum Æternus, by VNV Nation. The meaning of the song is evident in it's lyrics...

"And for the things I know
From the broken who I ask
Is to look beyond this place
Stop staring at the fog
Thinking only what went wrong

I know there are days
Too dark or hard to take
I hope you know
This is just one day you'll have to face
This is not the whole of your life"

puss2puss

.. well ..
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Being fired after 13 years of service would be justifiable only if she did a major mistake or f*ck-up. If she was just laid off, she should be able to find another job easily in the health care system.
True, but to be honest, the medical system is not what it use to be, since the beginning of the pendemic.. a lot of health workers are asked to practicaly lie to patients since the beggining of the pendemic, and some of them (like her) didnt agree.

But, as you said, she won't have problem getting another job when she's ready! She always worked very good and never did anything wrong, really.
She's a pretty great person who deserve to be happy again :toot:

Dust2dust

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
True, but to be honest, the medical system is not what it use to be, since the beginning of the pendemic.. a lot of health workers are asked to practicaly lie to patients since the beggining of the pendemic, and some of them (like her) didnt agree.

But, as you said, she won't have problem getting another job when she's ready! She always worked very good and never did anything wrong, really.
She's a pretty great person who deserve to be happy again :toot:
Then her employer was shitty! After 13 years of service and being laid off with no reasons, she should be eligible to some financial compensations. She should check out this information:

https://www.cnesst.gouv.qc.ca/en/wo...t/notice-termination-employment-and-indemnity

puss2puss

.. well ..
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Then her employer was shitty! After 13 years of service and being laid off with no reasons, she should be eligible to some financial compensations. She should check out this information:

https://www.cnesst.gouv.qc.ca/en/wo...t/notice-termination-employment-and-indemnity
Thanks for the help, yes it all have been done already, and yes her employer was shitty and she received problems for it (the employer acted within its right but without having the need to do it..anyway) , there are some background details that wasnt worth mentioning here, about a contract she signed to remove a debt she had with them for a deferred salary leave. The result caused issues for financial help she could have been elligible to. Its personal problems on her side so i didnt want to write all the details that i was judging not being worth talking here. (you can message me if you want and i will reply for sure! i just dont want this thread to become money related, i want it to be a positive reading for her, July 1st)

Keep in mind, that it happenned April 20 last year so if i talk about it only today, its because there was a lot going on about all that, and most sh*** was fixed only 3 - 4 weeks ago i think.

This thread is not to talk about money or her employer, its about giving good words :)

Last edited by puss2puss,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, Hello, my friend.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, I lost an online friend today who i knew since 2021
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, I'm sorry to hear that.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, He said that my actitude was "cutty" and that our friendship wasnt going anywhere
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, You're not like that. I see you as a really kind individual.
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Sounds like you are better off than having a petty friend like that anyways. You win today.
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, but both of us were fine yesterday
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    ah well, at least you got us (sorry if this sounds like some cornball ass "power of friendship" stuff)
    +3
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Kind of hyped about the new ally finally a portable with full m.2 support
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Kinda reminds me of a life lesson in the movie "Bronx Tale". Guy1 owes another, guy2 $10 and the guy2 keeps chasing guy1 around the city trying to get his money back, till someone tells him, "stop, you got off easy, its only $10. That guy will never bother you again or ask you for money again, so take it as a win."
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Guy1 will continue to talk shit about you constantly as well
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Because he knows what he did
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Speaking of which, where is my $10 Ken? And I heard you been talking crap bout me to my wife. Punk.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You were standing right there when we were talking should've said something then
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Fucking insurance gave me a migraine told me my dentist was in network now they're rejecting claims saying they aren't
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    That's what they do the best, pass the buck.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    wut
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Insurance is a thing adults have to blow off
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Insurance is one those things you pay all your life for, no questions asked, all is fine, they take your money. And as soon as you make a claim or something happens, they never want to payout or help, just fight you on everything if it cost them any of your money.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Insurance is one those things you pay all your life for, no questions asked, all is fine, they...