Hacking Got banned

aos10

Yuuki chan
Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
Hi guys. I have been hearing of bans lately, should I be concerned? My N3DS has Luma and B9S installed. Most of my games were dumped from cart and converted to CIA, but not all of them, some are from "that shop". Also, I only connect online to update games/system, I never have played games online (Pokemon, Smash, etc). Also, I have SpotPass disabled.

Here is what I use:

- All games are CIA format
- I use BootNTR and cheat plugins
- Have used JKSM for save export/import
- Save Editors
- Pokehex, but never used any genned pokemon online.

Thoughts on this appreciated :)
Do you have ultra sun or ultra moon with the last update 1.2?
Then mostly you got banned, but it's just a guess no one knows.

Osakasan

Trophies
XP
Country
So many entitlement in this thread... Some replies are hilarious

Just by installing a CFW you broke the ToS, wich put you in their banlist. No matter how you used it or how pure were your intentions. That's it.

Also, for the record. Not banned. B9S and Luma installed, i've been playing Mario Kart 7 online and lately i've been using prboom (delicious stereoscopic DooM) also i got Pokemon Crystal legally from the eShop.

I've been playing Ultra Sun, but stopped way before the 1.2 update got released and never got online with the game. Maybe it really had to do with the update in question, who knows.

Last edited by Osakasan,

aos10

Yuuki chan
Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
No, I don't see the update notification. I haven't connected online lately though with system. Probably shouldn't update that game though right? :P
yes, for now better to leave the game not updated, and most the games too just to make sure.

Skeet1983

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yes, for now better to leave the game not updated, and most the games too just to make sure.

Ok, thanks for info. I was gonna update some games through Freeshop, but will probably hold off for bit now. Most of my games say that there are updates available, was gonna update them... Best to hold off for time being?

aos10

Yuuki chan
Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
Ok, thanks for info. I was gonna update some games through Freeshop, but will probably hold off for bit now. Most of my games say that there are updates available, was gonna update them... Best to hold off for time being?
if the game is old, probably there is nothing, or maybe updating from the official eshop is dangerous.

but for old games i don't see something bad will happen (i hope that).

Skeet1983

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if the game is old, probably there is nothing, or maybe updating from the official eshop is dangerous.

but for old games i don't see something bad will happen (i hope that).

Ok, I mainly wanted to update Hyrule Warriors and get update/dlc through freeshop. With this supposed ban wave, I am kinda paranoid and afraid to do anything online with system now... :unsure::unsure::unsure:

aos10

Yuuki chan
Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
Ok, I mainly wanted to update Hyrule Warriors and get update/dlc through freeshop. With this supposed ban wave, I am kinda paranoid and afraid to do anything online with system now... :unsure::unsure::unsure:
that game is old, so i doubt it has anything in it.
right now only US/UM is suspicious.

chrisrlink

Has a PhD in dueling
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
as you said, they don't care about who hacked the console, they have automatic system once they discover a hacked system they will ban it, they are just over protective on their consoles.

and i think the switch will have stronger detection system and more likely to ban the console and ID, or even ban the Mac address you used your device to connect to their network (they are doing this now if you are playing Pokemon Sun/moon online (battle or reading) and disconnected for any reason for several times, they will ban your mac for 24 hours and maybe more, i have mini router that can't connect ever to Nintendo network because i used to have bad internet and i get week signal all the time, next day i can't use it on all my 3DS systems, but i can use my other router).

ik i got exception error (luma 9.0) doing doubles online but only seemed to affect doubles

D

Deleted User

Hi guys. I have been hearing of bans lately, should I be concerned? My N3DS has Luma and B9S installed. Most of my games were dumped from cart and converted to CIA, but not all of them, some are from "that shop". Also, I only connect online to update games/system, I never have played games online (Pokemon, Smash, etc). Also, I have SpotPass disabled.

Here is what I use:

- All games are CIA format
- I use BootNTR and cheat plugins
- Have used JKSM for save export/import
- Save Editors
- Pokehex, but never used any genned pokemon online.

Thoughts on this appreciated :)
Fbi counts as homebrew and if you install cias with the Wi-Fi switch on,there is a chance of you getting banned in the future.You should get ready to migrate to a public seed if you want to keep your private seed safe.

Skeet1983

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Fbi counts as homebrew and if you install cias with the Wi-Fi switch on,there is a chance of you getting banned in the future.You should get ready to migrate to a public seed if you want to keep your private seed safe.

How would I migrate to a public seed? Also, how do I backup my private seed? I don’t know how to do either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

D

Deleted User

How would I migrate to a public seed? Also, how do I backup my private seed? I don’t know how to do either.

If you have godmode9 your private seed is located in sysnand ctrnand,rw,sys.From there you should see a file called LocalFriendCodeSeed_B.That is your private seed.You can back that up and replace it through godmode9 easily by injecting a public seed you can find on various websites I'm not allowed to link You,such as the iso site.

Last edited by ,

Skeet1983

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it worth using a public seed? Won’t the big N see people using the same seed? I have heard some people banned for using public seed? Clarification and thoughts appreciated [emoji4][emoji4]

lone_wolf323

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Is it worth using a public seed? Won’t the big N see people using the same seed? I have heard some people banned for using public seed? Clarification and thoughts appreciated [emoji4][emoji4]

You will be changing the public seed fairly often as they get banned quickly. You simply put in a new public seed until it gets banned

Reactions: Deleted User
D

Deleted User

The way it works is the public seed will eventually get banned since multiple people are using it and getting recorded using homebrew or out of region games with the Wi-Fi switch on,so once the seed dies you switch to a new public seed which is why you might want to gather as many public seeds as possible.Your private seed won't get banned as long as Nintendo doesn't record you doing anything with it injected and you can reinject it anytime you want once you back it up.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    NinStar @ NinStar: balls over