Hacking Got banned

nl255

Trophies
XP
Country
Is it worth using a public seed? Won’t the big N see people using the same seed? I have heard some people banned for using public seed? Clarification and thoughts appreciated [emoji4][emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you use a public seed then it will get banned sooner or later, guaranteed (a "console ban" is actually a LFCS ban). However if that happens all you need to do is get another public seed and use it in place of the banned seed. I have not heard of anyone getting an account/nnid ban for using a public seed if that is what you are worried about.

The public seed I am using (from a certain iso site) has the following checksum.

MD5: b925341b73c98629bb2dc09310be6b6f
SHA-1: 1ecdaf2843d26f1f0d82ad7c8379b6dd21732744

Reactions: Natural

Skeet1983

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The way it works is the public seed will eventually get banned since multiple people are using it and getting recorded using homebrew or out of region games with the Wi-Fi switch on,so once the seed dies you switch to a new public seed which is why you might want to gather as many public seeds as possible.Your private seed won't get banned as long as Nintendo doesn't record you doing anything with it injected and you can reinject it anytime you want once you back it up.

Ok, thanks for the info!
Once I find a public seed, how do I inject it? Also, I just backed up my private seed. If/when my private seed gets banned, can't I just reinject it from time before it was banned? Thoughts and help greatly appreciated :)

D

Deleted User

Ok, thanks for the info!
Once I find a public seed, how do I inject it? Also, I just backed up my private seed. If/when my private seed gets banned, can't I just reinject it from time before it was banned? Thoughts and help greatly appreciated :)
Seeds are one of a kind so once it's dead,You can't recover it.This applys to both public and private seeds.

nl255

Trophies
XP
Country
Ok, thanks for the info!

First, backup your nand (always a good idea to do before messing with anything in it). Then backup your localfriendcodeseed_x (x is typically B but may be A or C) in /rw/sys in ctrnand with godmode9 and replace it with the downloaded file. You may have to rename the downloaded file to match the original if your 3ds uses A/C instead of B.

You can also back up the seed with 3ds recovery tool found here. But you should still do a full nand backup with gm9.

Last edited by nl255,

Skeet1983

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First, backup your nand (always a good idea to do before messing with anything in it). Then backup your localfriendcodeseed_x (x is typically B but may be A or C) in /rw/sys in ctrnand with godmode9 and replace it with the downloaded file. You may have to rename the downloaded file to match the original if your 3ds uses A/C instead of B.

You can also back up the seed with 3ds recovery tool found here. But you should still do a full nand backup with gm9.

How do I backup SysNAND with GM9? Also, what steps do I do in GM9 to replace seed? What all do I need to do? Sorry, haven't done a backup in while and never replaced a seed before. I don't remember ever using GM9 to backup NAND... Help appreciated :)

Last edited by Skeet1983,

Plstic

Guru Meditation Error
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I posted in the other thread but I updated my cart version of Ultra Sun and did not get banned. I think they are only banning freeshop users because the ticket is the same for everyone who pirated it.

D

Deleted User

I posted in the other thread but I updated my cart version of Ultra Sun and did not get banned. I think they are only banning freeshop users because the ticket is the same for everyone who pirated it.
In theory I don't think it's the games you are installing on freeshop that get you banned (unless they are out of region or region free) but the freeshop itself since its a homebrew application that requires you to be online

Plstic

Guru Meditation Error
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In theory I don't think it's the games you are installing on freeshop that get you banned (unless they are out of region or region free) but the freeshop itself since its a homebrew application that requires you to be online
Like I said, I think it's the ticket not the game. Wouldn't it be pretty suspicious with everyone using the same ticket?

Reactions: Natural

nl255

Trophies
XP
Country
How do I backup SysNAND with GM9? Also, what steps do I do in GM9 to replace seed? What all do I need to do? Sorry, haven't done a backup in while and never replaced a seed before. I don't remember ever using GM9 to backup NAND... Help appreciated :)

Here is how you backup your nand (sysnand) with godmode9. And here is 3ds recovery tool, for how to use it you want to do this: Back up LocalFriendCodeSeed, SecureInfo, movable.sed, HWCAL0.dat and HWCAL1.dat from NAND.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

there's a ban wave again?

Yep, fortunately there is a working public lfcs over at a certain iso site which is what I switched to even though I am not banned yet (downloaded USUM from freeshop but never got around to playing it, updated to 1.1 normally but never updated to 1.2).

Reactions: Skeet1983
D

Deleted User

Like I said, I think it's the ticket not the game. Wouldn't it be pretty suspicious with everyone using the same ticket?
The question is how they can detect tickets.Nintendo can easily find out the game you are running and the region but the ticket is something that grants access to install correct?

Skeet1983

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here is how you backup your nand (sysnand) with godmode9. And here is 3ds recovery tool, for how to use it you want to do this: Back up LocalFriendCodeSeed, SecureInfo, movable.sed, HWCAL0.dat and HWCAL1.dat from NAND.

Yep, fortunately there is a working public lfcs over at a certain iso site which is what I sw

Yep, fortunately there is a working public lfcs over at a certain iso site which is what I switched to even though I am not banned yet (downloaded USUM from freeshop but never got around to playing it, updated to 1.1 normally but never updated to 1.2).

Ok, so I use 3DS Recovery Tool to back up LocalFriendCodeSeed, SecureInfo, movable.sed, HWCAL0.dat and HWCAL1.dat from NAND. Is all that correct? Sorry, am new to some of this...

Zaphod77

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i believe they put some code into the update cia to actually checksum the ticket itself, and if it's the one freeshop generates (same for all pirated cias of the game i think), BAM.

actually pretty clever of them. future eshop games will probably do this going forward.

Furthermore if they are actually successfully checking for unsigned tickets, (or just know how to spot freeshop generated ones), that's proof positive that they are justified in hyperbanning the console.

The fix would be to figure out a way to randomize the fake tickets, so they cannot be identified so easily. But if they actually start writing routines in the game to check the ticket and make sure its' legitimately signed, well pirates are screwed. :)

Last edited by Zaphod77,

nl255

Trophies
XP
Country
i believe they put some code into the update cia to actually checksum the ticket itself, and if it's the one freeshop generates (same for all pirated cias of the game i think), BAM.

actually pretty clever of them. future eshop games will probably do this going forward.

Furthermore if they are actually successfully checking for unsigned tickets, (or just know how to spot freeshop generated ones), that's proof positive that they are justified in hyperbanning the console.

The fix would be to figure out a way to randomize the fake tickets, so they cannot be identified so easily. But if they actually start writing routines in the game to check the ticket and make sure its' legitimately signed, well pirates are screwed. :)

However they are not hyperbanning, they are just banning the friend code seed. A hypberban also bans the NNID.

What we need is for someone who is good at reverse engineering to go through the 1.2 update to find out what, if anything, it does.

Last edited by nl255,

Zaphod77

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
only reason they are not hyperbanning is they WANT you to buy it after you get caught. :)

point is they could do it, and probably will for repeat offenders.

i can't really begrudge them for protecting Pokemon either. :)

but yes, someone needs to reverse engineer that update.

Purge

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wait, what are you guys talking about when you say people who have USUM 1.2 get banned? Because I downloaded USUM from CIAngel, also updated it through CIAngel to 1.2 and I didn't get banned.

Zaphod77

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well there's little actual proof... but nintendo is well known for being extra protective of Pokemon, so it's not that far fetched.

Also nintendo doesn't want us to work out the exact criteria, so we can avoid tripping it, so they are probably intentionally leaving some people alone just to screw with us.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands:
    @Sicklyboy I am wanting to fully change the game and bend it to my will lol. I would like to eventually have the ability to add more characters, enemies, even have a completely different story if i wanted. I already have the ability to change the tilemaps in the US version, so I can basically make my own map and warp to it in game - so I'm pretty far into it!
    I really would like to make a hack that I would enjoy playing, and maybe other people would too. swapping to the EU version would also mean my US friends could not legally play it
    I am definitely considering porting over some of the EU features without using the actual ROM itself, tbh that would probably be the best way to go about it... but i'm sad that the voice acting is so.... not good on the US version. May not be a way around that though
    I appreciate the insight!
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @TwoSpikedHands just switch, all the knowledge you learned still applies and most of the code and assets should be the same anyway
    and realistically they wouldn't

be able to play it legally anyway since they need a ROM and they probably don't have the means to dump it themselves
    why the shit does the shitbox randomly insert newlines in my messages
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It does that when I edit a post.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It inserts a newline in a random spot.
    never had that i don't think
  • Karma177 @ Karma177:
    do y'all think having an sd card that has a write speed of 700kb/s is a bad idea?
    trying to restore emunand rn but it's taking ages... (also when I finished the first time hekate decided to delete all my fucking files :wacko:)
    @Karma177 that sd card is 100% faulty so yes, its a bad idea
    even the slowest non-sdhc sd cards are a few MB/s
  • Karma177 @ Karma177:
    @The Real Jdbye it hasn't given me any error trying to write things on it so I don't really think it's faulty (pasted 40/50gb+ folders and no write errors)
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    run h2testw on it
    +1
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    when SD cards/microSD write speeds drop below a meg a sec, they're usually on the verge of dying
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Samsung SD format can sometimes fix them too
  • Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart:
    yes looks like an faulty sd
  • Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart:
    @Psionic Roshambo i may try that with my dead sd cards
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    It's always worth a shot
    @The Real Jdbye, I considered that, but i'll have to wait until i can get the eu version in the mail lol
  • I @ I-need-help-with-wup-wiiu:
    i need help with nusspli failed downloads, can someone respond to my thread? pretty please:wub:
  • Sheeba- @ Sheeba-:
    I can't wait to hack my 11.00 PS4 pro
    Sheeba- @ Sheeba-: I can't wait to hack my 11.00 PS4 pro