Grand Theft Auto V's PS5 and Series X|S port price announced, Xbox players will have to pay more

Jf-NY1p0v9SNHt6J6XNvUY8b47E6VVxPIocI69GvqAU.png

Rockstar has finally revealed the pricing scheme for the latest re-release of Grand Theft Auto V. Waiting mere days before the game's launch on current generation platforms, The Xbox and PlayStation Stores have now let fans know exactly how much they'll have to pay to play GTA V again. The pricing differs depending on which platform you choose to play on.

PlayStation 5 owners that have PlayStation Plus will be able to grab GTA V--now specifically referred to as "story mode"--for $9.99, with the GTA Online portion being free to claim for three months so long as you're a subscriber. Meanwhile, on Xbox Series X|S, Grand Theft Auto V will cost $19.99, and GTA Online will be an extra $9.99.

These prices will only pertain to the launch window. After June 14th, the GTA V's story mode will raise in price to $39.99 on both platforms, while GTA Online will be priced at $19.99. Grand Theft Auto for PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X|S will launch on March 15th.

:arrow: Source

Julie_Pilgrim

Secretly three raccoons in a trench coat
Trophies
Website
zoey-on-github.github.io
XP
Country
United States
I'm half tempted to grab this on Series X, but it just feels like an inherently PC game. I can imagine mods will make up a lot of the fun once the initial shooty drivey buzz dies down.
I've played it on console and on pc with pretty much no mods, and I'd say the base game has a really good amount of content, although I will admit the game is kinda lacking in post game content.

there's also the online, which ill describe with a quote that i said on discord once:
Code:
<julie_pilgrim>if you want the gta online experience
<julie_pilgrim>open up gta V singleplayer and just randomly kill yourself every 2 minutes

64bitmodels

Professional Nintendo Hater
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TF? why's it more expensive for us? is it cuz they have to optimize for series X and S?
not that bothered by it, but still a dick move

Reactions: Kitocco

Spider_Man

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Think you mean re-re-release.

You can buy it for next to nothing these days, why pay more for half of the content.

Problem with gaming today, devs keep shifting out the same shit and idiotic gamers blindly rush out to buy it.

SkittleDash

Head Nurse
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
So let me get this straight... For both the singleplayer and online, It's $9.99 on PlayStation. But Xbox players have to pay $19.99 plus an extra $9.99 for the online? I'm a PC user but that still makes me mad. Holy shit, Rockstar. You suck.

ut2k4master

Lord Tourettes
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
So let me get this straight... For both the singleplayer and online, It's $9.99 on PlayStation. But Xbox players have to pay $19.99 plus an extra $9.99 for the online? I'm a PC user but that still makes me mad. Holy shit, Rockstar. You suck.
no, its 19.99 total on xbox for sp+mp or 9.99 for mp only

SkittleDash

Head Nurse
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
no, its 19.99 total on xbox for sp+mp or 9.99 for mp only
You know what, that's even worse. I just don't understand why Rockstar can't just do what they're doing on PlayStation. I mean, they're already a fan of the copy and paste tool.

Kitocco

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It’s really fitting when online-only games release on PS Plus since they’d only be playable while you have a subscription anyways LOL

$10 for the game on PS5 is pretty tempting, but dear goodness I’m sick of this “pay to experience the EXACT SAME GAME but actually using features of the box you already paid $400-$500 for” BS. Plus, I already have the game on EGS for free, and with this much time passing since release and still having not played GTAV, even the story mode… am I really going to play it anytime soon?

I got other stuff to play, and open-world isn’t usually my forte (namely the checklist objective, “sprawling, 100-hour” THREAT kinds)

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States

These prices will only pertain to the launch window. After June 14th, the GTA V's story mode will raise in price to $39.99 on both platforms, while GTA Online will be priced at $19.99. Grand Theft Auto for PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X|S will launch on March 15th.

Chary posting misinformation? Cuz that's $59.98 ($60). Unless I'm misunderstanding something here. "Story mode" is single player yeah?

TomRiddle

Yare Yare Daze
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Problem with gaming today, devs keep shifting out the same shit and idiotic gamers blindly rush out to buy it.

I think a wise quote explains this well,

"Just don't buy the thing until you know the thing is good" - Nerrel.

I believe that more gamers need to do their own research and review looking in order to fully be sure to find better games, that will be a step in the right direction.

I also think counter-wise that the gaming community as a whole have a problem with getting opinions over the popular consensuses first and then making their own opinion by playing the actual video games second, either because of fear on developing the unpopular opinion or wanting to jump on the hype/hate bandwagon too early.

And finally it's because of how cheap digital storefront discounts can be, Steam is the best example for instance.

Not that it's bad for discounts as happen often like this (in fact I do wish more frequent discounts on other platforms), but it does create a problem of people getting too trigger happy buying games at a glance without hesitation, like what you said.

Overall I think the general solution is that gamers need to see more research/reviews before buying a game, as well as also making their own opinion on the games first, reviews second at the same time.

The gaming community at large also need to acknowledge and be educated on anti-consumer practices within the video game industry in order to see on how us, the consumers, can do to not support these practices.

Willgheminass

The Ultimate Pink Lurker
Trophies
Website
rhylnzux.carrd.co
XP
Country
United States
So they're charging the whole game from 2013 for full price? I'm sorry, but what, the duck? Wasn't the online portion with the base game on older console gens anyways? What is this garbage?!

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
Another problem with gaming today is that large companies like Target, Walmart, Kroger, GameStop, etc bulk-buy the shitty games, and that instantly goes towards their sales figures of how well the game sold. It's not the individual person buying the game that makes the sales numbers. So Rockstar gets their money no matter what, and when the individuals buy the game, it's really just the big box stores getting their money back. That's just retail for you. So even if we completely boycott this game and nobody buys a copy, these big box stores already gave them sales numbers in droves.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @K3Nv2 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9yWIobzBdKc