Grand Theft Auto V's PS5 and Series X|S port price announced, Xbox players will have to pay more

Jf-NY1p0v9SNHt6J6XNvUY8b47E6VVxPIocI69GvqAU.png

Rockstar has finally revealed the pricing scheme for the latest re-release of Grand Theft Auto V. Waiting mere days before the game's launch on current generation platforms, The Xbox and PlayStation Stores have now let fans know exactly how much they'll have to pay to play GTA V again. The pricing differs depending on which platform you choose to play on.

PlayStation 5 owners that have PlayStation Plus will be able to grab GTA V--now specifically referred to as "story mode"--for $9.99, with the GTA Online portion being free to claim for three months so long as you're a subscriber. Meanwhile, on Xbox Series X|S, Grand Theft Auto V will cost $19.99, and GTA Online will be an extra $9.99.

These prices will only pertain to the launch window. After June 14th, the GTA V's story mode will raise in price to $39.99 on both platforms, while GTA Online will be priced at $19.99. Grand Theft Auto for PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X|S will launch on March 15th.

:arrow: Source

Dust2dust

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Another problem with gaming today is that large companies like Target, Walmart, Kroger, GameStop, etc bulk-buy the shitty games, and that instantly goes towards their sales figures of how well the game sold. It's not the individual person buying the game that makes the sales numbers. So Rockstar gets their money no matter what, and when the individuals buy the game, it's really just the big box stores getting their money back. That's just retail for you. So even if we completely boycott this game and nobody buys a copy, these big box stores already gave them sales numbers in droves.
OK, but if the retail stores get stuck with a big inventory of unsold GTA V, do you think they would do the same mistake twice and buy large quantities of Rockstar's next release? Definitely not. Therefore, Rockstar would feel the pain, sooner or later.

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
OK, but if the retail stores get stuck with a big inventory of unsold GTA V, do you think they would do the same mistake twice and buy large quantities of Rockstar's next release? Definitely not. Therefore, Rockstar would feel the pain, sooner or later.
They would, actually. Some retailers like GameStop have a bit more control, but yes... Majority of stores would. They won't know if a game is gonna sell well or not, they just bulk order.

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have so many copies of this game from many of its myriad of releases. I even pirated a copy way back with my modded PS3 (RIP to that thing). Also I think EGS gave it away for free a couple years ago too. Any explanation about why it costs more on XBOX? Did Sony subsidize the price for PS Plus subscribers?

I guess that's the price for having an inferior console 🙂

Why do you pay respect to Rockstar?
MS treats their customers way better than Sony or Nintendo, and afaik they don't sue them for looking at their console the wrong way.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: ❄️ 😡 ❄️