Gaming Greatest PC Game of All Time

TemplarGR

Gaming expert
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
It's really difficult to say what is the greatest PC game of all time, since there have been many extremely good games through time...

So, i will name them by genre:

RPG: Baldur's Gate II/Fallout 2 (tied). Actually anything made by Bioware and Black Isle back in the day

RTS: The first Company of Heroes, the pinnacle of RTS gaming. Starcraft is so overrated. The new Company of Heroes sucks also...

Turn Based Strategy: XCOM Enemy Uknown(1993, not the crappy remake)/ Jagged Alliance 2. also tied for first place.

FPS: Crysis. The first, the rest are crap. It didn't have only amazing graphics, it had good gameplay too. Plus the multiplayer was good, but nobody played it because its hardware requirements were steep at the time of release.

Third person shooter: Max Payne. The first, although the second was nice too, the first is an example of how to do a noir game right...

Adventure: Now this is a difficult category, so i will go with the popular choice, Grim Fandango

Action Adventure: Assasin's Creed II. By far the best Creed game, with an incredible presentation and attention to detail. A wonderful game. Too bad all the sequels are crap...

EyeZ

Trophies
XP
I never understood the greatest PC title ever. I mean, a console's best title has a much smaller and distinct library available. With the PC, we have clear decades full of titles to choose from, all of which offer something particularly unique or great.

Yeah this, i would have no idea on picking one game out as the "Greatest", i've played so many great PC games that to pick one of em out as the greatest would be impossible.

Reactions: Slamicite

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
>Only one person mentions Counter Strike
>GTFO.
For me, the greatest games are:
Counter Strike 1.6
Half Life 1/2
Portal
Fable: The Lost Chapters
Baldurs Gate 2
Diablo
Elder Scrolls games (up to Oblivion, Skyrim can blow me)
First few Worms games (Worms Armageddon, Worms World Party, Worms Revolution is pretty ok, too).
Doom of course
Duke Nukem
Unreal Tournament 99'
Quake 3 Arena
Age of Mythology
Age of Empires 3
Umm...And that's all I got off the top of my head.

Ethevion

Wannabe Artist
Trophies
Website
www.lvlupart.com
XP
Country
Canada
Roller Coaster Tycoon, Diablo LOD, Fable TLC, and Doom.

Roller Coaster Tycoon is probably my fav though. What other old school game lets you build death machines that fly off the rails and get people killed?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa sounds wish we could see Randy on south park do that , drinking the peach vodka
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @salazarcosplay, im more of a casual south park fan, i dont watch it that often
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Its gluten free
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    lol it's too offensive
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh not that good, not many alcohols taste good in tea. At least I haven't found any.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I tried that peach alcohol in cans tasted like crap
  • F @ foresthag:
    You could fermen(tea). That'd taste excellent. Or make you go blind, who is to say?
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Twisted tea iirc
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Only one I liked was that mikes hard lemonade tea, but i couldn't drink it all day
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, gonna make a jumping sprite
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You can add platform character behavior to any sprite, just disable the default controls for it, and make it jump/move in your code. The rectangle behavior is cool too for enemies.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, how is it cool?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, and i meant jumping sprite for the player
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    It makes it move around constantly in different directions, like a enemy moving back n forth from one side to other
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, and i dont think the rectangular movement behavior works for platform games
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea it does. And you can add platform character behavior to your own charcter, and it will have move and jump already setup for you, space bar is jump, arrows move
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, i already added the platform character behaviour to the player since i started doing this
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, and already set up animations for when he shoots both standing and walking
    +1
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @Xdqwerty you could
    add alcohol to the game too
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @salazarcosplay, one of the curative items has the internal name of "beer"
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    although it looks like a coke can
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @Xdqwerty what is the game based on
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    what was the inspiration
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @salazarcosplay, based on my ideas i'd say mega man games (probably mega man zero mainly)
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    I had some ideas for megaman based game
    S @ salazarcosplay: I had some ideas for megaman based game