GTA V Premium Edition to release this April?

gta.png

The GTA franchise is over 20 years old, with the latest main entry released back in 2013. Five years later, Rockstar Games apparently wants to re-release a new version of GTA V that should be interesting for newcomers to the game in particular. The folks at Kotaku spotted a listing for GTA V Premium Edition on Amazon Germany, with a March 23rd release for Playstation 4 and Xbox One. It's currently unknown whether PC players will get the same package.

gta5.png

The listing has since been removed but after that, the game received a rating by the South Korean Rating's Board, suggesting that it's indeed legit. According to Kotaku UK, a number of sources reached out to them on the condition of anonymity, providing more details about the whole thing. Originally, the GTA V Premium Edition was going to release on March 23rd, but got delayed to April by Rockstar for an unknown reason. The package contains the base game and four years worth of DLC, including the Criminal Enterprise Starter Pack that was released last December, basically making newcomers virtual millionaires right from the start.

Kotaku speculates the Premium Edition will replace the standard version and sell for the same price. Apparently that is the reason why it's being announced so close to its release.

:arrow: Source

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I love the GTA series and I have since the first one I played (which was the first one.) But it’s starting to look like Rockstar is in a bit of a hole here. They seem to be only focused on GTA 5 and I am really wishing for a spin off game like the old days.

Fusion

On/Off GBA-Temp'er
Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
This is just an excuse as R* really doesn't want to reduce the price of the game. That is all.

GTAV could of being great but they scaled back with alot of things that could of made this the new generation San Andreas, with a gym sitting there unusable, waiting years for a jetpack, stores closed off completely or un-robbable till active online, story is pretty generic, no gang turf wars etc. Online is fun for alittle while then becomes boring too as most (not all) missions online are to same old repetition or just a grind kinda game that's taken the fun away.

So far it really seems as anyone that ever wanted a sequel of sorts or in similar vain as San Andreas, Saints Row 2 is the only one that comes close, with lots of activities to do out of the story within the sandbox & not just a empty canvas as GTAV with all that terrain only to be used for story missions and even if that sometimes if not only for online. SR2 aint without it's faults too but it's got that over the top fun that made GTA San Andreas really fun, not sure if R* will ever capture that feeling again (either will Volition with the zany out there Saints games these days, Agents of Chaos with out the Saints name is what it's turning into since i bet they did'nt know how to continue after that ending of Saints Row)

END Rant here

D

Deleted User

They're trying to remedy the dwindling player base by making it feasible for new players to join in but from what I've heard the starter pack only gets you in so far and is missing some key things to get you started. Since they also haven't fixed the greater hacking issue on PC and it regularly goes on sale there, it's unlikely to get a PC version... A Switch version would be neat if only because it would be purely new accounts with access to all the major DLC, much of which screws with the balance immensely.

geodeath

Trophies
XP
Country
This sounds good for someone who did not get it before. I still have to get it for the Xbone or the Ps4 so now might be the time, especially with so many older copies flying around.

Also, unpopular opinion i know, but have followed the series pretty much from the 1st game and all of them are great except for 4, which i thought was the worst and i still cannot understand how people get their knickers in a twist with San Andreas too. I mean its fine, but the GTA series is not about the micromanagement etc. Somebody said 5 sucks because of a missing gym etc. If i wanted to play a life sim, i would play sims. Driving, shooting, doing whatever you want is the important part of the GTA core and 5 provides this in spades along with heists and cool characters.

Owenge

GbaTemp browser
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There's so much coming to the switch, i wouldn't be surprised if they port it to switch (even if the graphics got dumped down and it runs at 30fps it would still be fun) :toot:

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
There's so much coming to the switch, i wouldn't be surprised if they port it to switch (even if the graphics got dumped down and it runs at 30fps it would still be fun) :toot:
game wasnt bad at all on ps3 and switch is abit more powerful than wiiu and wiiu was abit more powerful than ps3 so yeah they can make a decent looking game between ps3 and ps4 on the switch if they wanted to, but i dont think they will tough.

DeslotlCL

GBAtemp's scalie trash
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
game wasnt bad at all on ps3 and switch is abit more powerful than wiiu and wiiu was abit more powerful than ps3 so yeah they can make a decent looking game between ps3 and ps4 on the switch if they wanted to, but i dont think they will tough.
Handheld mode would like to have a word with you.

Last edited by DeslotlCL,

Spider_Man

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
LOL to all the nintendo fans who are begging for it to come to the switch....... irony is funny when this is one of the titles they'd always quote for being crap, violent, blood n gore when defending the usual same old nintendo recycled titles.

how can you all slate it yet be crying for it to come, must mean really you hate it because R* rarely bring its GTA titles to nintendo..... because its classed as a kids toy.

Risingdawn

Tempallica
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
LOL to all the nintendo fans who are begging for it to come to the switch....... irony is funny when this is one of the titles they'd always quote for being crap, violent, blood n gore when defending the usual same old nintendo recycled titles.

how can you all slate it yet be crying for it to come, must mean really you hate it because R* rarely bring its GTA titles to nintendo..... because its classed as a kids toy.
Can you show me anyone ever saying that, because I've been gaming since the 80's and lurking here for years and I've never seen one person say anything of the sort.

Backup your crap with facts, not just baseless hyperbolic allegations or shut the hell up for once.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Taylor Swift death metal AI cover please lol