Hacking [GUIDE] Installing games on your WiiU from a .WUD image

leonmagnus99

Trophies
XP
Country
Iraq
If your goal is extracting the install files from the WUD then this will do it.

https://github.com/FIX94/wud2app

--- Single WUD File Usage ---
wud2app common.key game.key game.wud

--- Wudump Folder Usage ---
wud2app "/full/path/to/folder"

used this after decompressing the wux file and all worked well , thanks.

edit: sorry for double post- ;-;

ronopotomus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay. I finally got this to work. Apparently, I had a corrupted version of this awesome app. I tried and tried to get it working and it just wasn't until I downloaded the given link within these posts. Once you open your cmd window and navigate to your DiscU location check and make sure that you have your disckey.bin and game.wud in that same folder. Here is what I typed verbatim....
DiscU.exe disckey.bin game.wud
No "c". I don't know if this is true in every case but the "c" was a problem for me. I renamed my "gamekey.bin" generated by Gamekey Maker to "disckey.bin" and renamed my .wud to "game.wud". It worked first time out after redownloading the app. Whew!

ronopotomus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You just answered my next question. It's all Loadiine. Dang it! Well... I'm back at it :)

I just ran with "c" and it's working. I'm sure it was user error before but wow. I have had some issues with this. It's good for me to learn though :)

Last edited by ronopotomus,
Reactions: nexusmtz

lettuce

Trophies
XP
Country
Does this only work with an SD card or can a USB stick be used also?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

For step 4,

4) Go up one directory and enter the system\02 folder. Copy the title.tik, title.tmd and title.cert files in the SD:\Install folder as well.

i dont have a 02 folder, just 03 and 04 folders, any ideas??

can622

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i dont have a 02 folder, just 03 and 04 folders, any ideas??
I'm having the same issue here. Anyone have an answer? I'm gonna try using the files from both folders individually and seeing if they work. The 03 and 04 all have title.tik, title.tmd and title.cert files but they're different sizes

lettuce

Trophies
XP
Country
I'm having the same issue here. Anyone have an answer? I'm gonna try using the files from both folders individually and seeing if they work. The 03 and 04 all have title.tik, title.tmd and title.cert files but they're different sizes

If its Zelda, then i just tired the 03 folder and it showed up in the home menu but when i loaded it up it said 'preparing to update'....so im not sure if i also needed the update file and if so where does that need to go?

can622

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If its Zelda, then i just tired the 03 folder and it showed up in the home menu but when i loaded it up it said 'preparing to update'....so im not sure if i also needed the update file and if so where does that need to go?
My man, I was just getting back online to say that it is the 03 folder. I can't 100% confirm as I'm currently installing and not in game yet, but it wasn't working with the files from the 04 folder.
Another word of advice for you or anyone else reading is to include the nintendo ID title in the folder name for BOTW, so for example the folder paths would be "install/BOTW[00050000-101C9400] " for the European BOTW which is currently the version floating around. I don't know if this step is required but I was getting "Not a version title or a game update" errors until I did both this and used the files from the 03 folder in the same step.

In regards to the update, my advice would be to play with your console offline until the game is officially released, even though there are people that are saying the update is safe

Last edited by can622,

lettuce

Trophies
XP
Country
Hmmmm, i just named the folder in the 'Install' folder to 'Zelda' and 'Zelda Update'.

I used DiscU to extract the wud and key files and then copied the relevant files to the 'Zelda' folder and then used WUP Installer to install it on my USB stick. I wasnt aware you had to name the folders a certain name?, i though WUP installer did what was needed??

A question about installing updates for games, i have copied the update to my USB stick using the method i mentioned above and the update does indeed show up when i go to 'Data Management' and select Zelda in system setting BUT when i launch Zelda it say 'Preparing Update' but then fails to install it and asks me if i want to start the game without applying the update.

So how do i actually install this update??, do i also need to copy the files from folder '03' into the update folder also as you do when just installing the game?

Last edited by lettuce,

drvipej

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmmmm, i just named the folder in the 'Install' folder to 'Zelda' and 'Zelda Update'.

I used DiscU to extract the wud and key files and then copied the relevant files to the 'Zelda' folder and then used WUP Installer to install it on my USB stick. I wasnt aware you had to name the folders a certain name?, i though WUP installer did what was needed??

A question about installing updates for games, i have copied the update to my USB stick using the method i mentioned above and the update does indeed show up when i go to 'Data Management' and select Zelda in system setting BUT when i launch Zelda it say 'Preparing Update' but then fails to install it and asks me if i want to start the game without applying the update.

So how do i actually install this update??, do i also need to copy the files from folder '03' into the update folder also as you do when just installing the game?

How did you do Zelda please

The common key (ckey.bin) - D7B************************B656

Getting: Error Wrong disc key length

I have used DiscU before many times successfully. Also redownloaded DiscU

Help :(

Last edited by BORTZ, , Reason: Do not share keys

nexusmtz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I use Notepad++ and have used that before....weird
Notepad++ doesn't support binary files unless you've loaded a plugin, and last I knew, that plugin had been relegated to the 'disabled' folder and probably dropped by now.

Also, you may have used notepad++ in conjunction with the common key, but that could have been for a program like jnustool, which reads the 32 hex characters and creates the actual bytes in memory. DiscU wants the 16 bytes themselves to be in the file, not the hex character representation of those bytes.

Reactions: drvipej

drvipej

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Notepad++ doesn't support binary files unless you've loaded a plugin, and last I knew, that plugin had been relegated to the 'disabled' folder and probably dropped by now.

Also, you may have used notepad++ in conjunction with the common key, but that could have been for a program like jnustool, which reads the 32 hex characters and creates the actual bytes in memory. DiscU wants the 16 bytes themselves to be in the file, not the hex character representation of those bytes.

BINGO....how stupid am I
I didn't open it up in HexEdit....
working now

new question, and I think the answer is no

Can you convert Loadiine format to Installed format?

Sm4sh_Modder666

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have been try to use it on my sm4sh wud file ntsc u but I get the windows error saying that the program has stopped working. am I doing something wrong here?

EDIT: I got it to work. a cmd error on my own part

Last edited by Sm4sh_Modder666,

Sabishinbo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did this with Minecraft Story Mode Complete Adventure and it's just freezing at the loading screen that appears after the main menu. Could a guy get some welcome help here?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I got compliments about my weight loss and thought well guess I can pig out again now I'm the piggy
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    My biggest prob is alcohol, definitely is fattening
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I know when to stop at least honestly don't get those that go and go with food
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Or those that order 2 big macs , large fry, ice cream sundie, then a diet coke
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I might get downing two big macs but nah that's it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Ok that will be $15.99, cash or charge?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    My go to orders usually a mcdouble and a mcchicken and I'm happy rarely mess with fries
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Pro tip ask for that clowns jizzmac sauce on your mcdouble
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Do they charge extra when you add sauce,etc? I know burger king used to not, but don't know nowadays
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They may squrit it for free if you ask nice
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Last time I got bk it was 35c per sauce fuck you king of my nutsack
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll buy a bottle of baby rays BBQ for $2 and add it from home out of spite
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I like baby rays, my favorite is KC masterpiece tho. Figured all you could buy is that there.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    The metro doesn't discriminate good sauce
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Baby Rays isn't that what killed the crocodile hunter?
    If only he had done an endorsement for them....
    Oy mate don't let a bad bbq sauce kill your party! Baby Rays are killing it!! The flavor hits you right in the chest!
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    My phone only has 13% battery so i don't have much time left
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Now 12%
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Happy birthday, btw
    Time is running out for your phone!
  • AdenTheThird @ AdenTheThird:
    https://youtu.be/JmSqorj-EC0?si=vYqR8D7FZeO4N-TH
    At 1 AM, this video is the funniest thing in the world
    +1
    AdenTheThird @ AdenTheThird: https://youtu.be/JmSqorj-EC0?si=vYqR8D7FZeO4N-TH At 1 AM, this video is the funniest thing in... +1