Wii U Cafe SDK Deluxe, Easily install Unity Wii U Games to your Retail Wii U

Hello everyone,
Today, I introduce a tool to easily make installable images from a Unity Wii U Build for any Retail Wii U !
This tool is currently in beta, some functions are not ready yet but the big part about decrypting Unity Build and repack it is working.
This is a short tutorial about how to use this tool. You can download it from my GitHub Repo here.

Installation & Setup
To Install Wii U Cafe SDK Deluxe you just need to download it from the Release Page of the GitHub and extract it to your Unity's Build folder. Like that :

follders.png
Here we are inside my "Builds" folder of my Unity Project. The folder "Ver1" is my Unity Build with raw and dev files. You need to add the extracted folder "WiiUCafeSDKDeluxe" to the root folder of your build like in the picture. The "Versions" folder is created by Wii U Cafe Deluxe to store your Wii U Game versions. "tempMastering" is the folder who contains the mastering files (deleted after mastering done) and finaly, "copyToYourWiiUSD" contains the installable files to use with WUP Installer or System Config Tool on Retail Wii U. The two JSON files are the settings to use with the tool.

To set up the tool, you just need to run WiiUCafeSDKDeluxe.exe from the folder of the same name. You will have a message box to ask you if you want to create a new project, select "yes" and you will see this window :
create_fill.png

The "Project Name" is how your final game is named. If later, you check the option "Automatically Copy To SD", this field will be used to create the folder in your SD Card with the installable files.

You can add an icon and developers, but it just aesthetics now.

Cafe SDK Location and Unity version are required later, add them manually or locate your Cafe SDK automatically and your Unity Version from your project files.
For now only Unity.1.2p3 has been tested, other version can work, but I didn't make any tests.

Now we have finished with the installation and the setup. I will now explain the different functionalities and usage of my tool.

Usage and Functions

home-final.png
This is the home of the tool. Here you can access to all functions. You can edit the project info, basic for now. First, we need to configure 3 options in the tool. So go to settings and change java.exe and the python.exe path to make NUSPacker and Kii U Generator to works. You can now change the path of your Wii U SDK parent directory. It's the folder who contains "SDK" folder and files like "SetupEnvironment". To use Kii U Generator, open a terminal window and enter this command to install all the decencies :
Code:
pip install pycryptodome

settings.png

If you have installed App Config Tool and/or Master Editor from the NDI, restart the app, and you will be able to launch them. Now we will take a look at the versions. If you already have a build, you can use this 'Import Version' options, but you need to move first the version folder if he is located in the same parent folder as Wii U Cafe SDK Deluxe. If you don't have any version now, make a build in Unity and save it with a name, for me, I use 'Ver + version number' and place it in the parent build folder. After, use 'Create Version' Option, you will see this window :
createversion.png
Enter the SAME NAME as your Unity Build Folder Name ! And select how you have made your build. Actually, only 'Install Image' works. And create the version. You will see after selecting it in the list the size of the folder 'CopyToSDCard' who contains the normal dev files. Before making a master for the hardware, you need to go in 'Hardware Settings' and pick up your hardware.
I recommend you to dev a game to have a Wii U Deluxe Set with 32go of NAND storage. Now go in 'Master Options' :
masteroptions.png

We are now able to add our game infos. To correctly create the installation files, we need an TitleID and a TitleKey. To create them, we need an UniqueID and a Variation. Variation is not very important, but UniqueID is important, you can change the input with random things, copy the TitleID and check if the TitleID is already used with this website. If the ID is not used, click on 'Generate Title Keys' (Generated with Kii U Generator)
After, you need for CDecrypt to import the Wii U Dev Common Key located in the SDK, just click on 'Import tik_sys.bin' and the tool will try to locate the file, if it failed you can search if manually. It's here, if you want to enable the automatic copy to your Wii U's SD Card and choose the 'Install' folder (For WUP Installer) in Wii U SD. Save and close, you are ready to create your Wii U Installable files.
In the home, select the version to use (if you have multiple versions) and click on 'Make Master for my Hardware' (If in your folder 'copyToSDCard' you have multiple build type (Development or Master From Unity) Wii U Cafe Deluxe will ask you which one to use). Now wait, the tool can freeze, and you will have your files in the parent folder in 'CopyToWiiUSD' folder (if you have enabled the automatic reproduction, you just need to unplug your SD). Now install it to your Wii U.

It's all for me today, to check if there is an update of this tool, follow this thread of manually go to About > Check for Updates.

Have a good day and fun with your Wii U and Unity.

(For interested people about making a Wii U game on Unity, I am currently writing a complete tutorial and documentation in English and French based on my week searchs and Wii U Software and knowledge)

Last edited by RetroAndDev,

dakotath

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I don't precise, you can install System Config Tool with Wup Installer like any other apps/games
You're welcome, have a good day ! (and a good programming session :D)
We are having issues with sys config tool, my friend says this is happening:
Device: usb01
Required: 543173890040198672 bytes
Free space: 1950698766336 bytes
Missing: 5431736949703182336 bytes

he's using the aroma environment
Post automatically merged:

We are having issues with sys config tool, my friend says this is happening:
Device: usb01
Required: 543173890040198672 bytes
Free space: 1950698766336 bytes
Missing: 5431736949703182336 bytes

he's using the aroma environment
1703911086052.png

Last edited by dakotath,

RetroAndDev

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
France
Wait... needs 500.000Tb ?!
Hum... strange. Can you send by PM the (raw) build files from Unity and the mastered files made with Wii U Cafe SDK Deluxe ? And what is the size of the folder you tried to install ?
Are you on a Deluxe Wii U (32gb of internal storage, black unit) or on a normal set ? (8go (if I remember) of internal storage, and white unit). Do you have space on it ? If not have you and USB Key/Hard Drive connected ? (You can check storage usage in the settings).
I don't know much about Wii U jailbreaking, especially on Aroma. Mine is on Tiramisu on 5.5.5 (European Unit, for North America, latest version is 5.5.6).
I can recommend you to switch (if possible) from Aroma to Tiramisu. Maybe than can help, before making it (if it is the real issue, send me your builds like I said before. I can try with my own on Tiramisu to check if it works)

Edit #1 : You're on 5.5.6, I didn't see when I post the reply. It's written in top right corner of SCT

dakotath

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hum... strange. Can you send by PM the (raw) build files from Unity and the mastered files made with Wii U Cafe SDK Deluxe ? And what is the size of the folder you tried to install ?
Are you on a Deluxe Wii U (32gb of internal storage, black unit) or on a normal set ? (8go (if I remember) of internal storage, and white unit). Do you have space on it ? If not have you and USB Key/Hard Drive connected ? (You can check storage usage in the settings).
I don't know much about Wii U jailbreaking, especially on Aroma. Mine is on Tiramisu on 5.5.5 (European Unit, for North America, latest version is 5.5.6).
I can recommend you to switch (if possible) from Aroma to Tiramisu. Maybe than can help, before making it (if it is the real issue, send me your builds like I said before. I can try with my own on Tiramisu to check if it works)

Edit #1 : You're on 5.5.6, I didn't see when I post the reply. It's written in top right corner of SCT
Yes, I am on a Wii U deluxe system, and when we tried switching to tiramisu, but still nothing, ill PM the unity build files later today.

Reactions: RetroAndDev

dakotath

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

I managed to install it, but cant run it...

I managed to install it, but cant run it...
Actually, I found out how to run it, I use Loadiine GX2, and it can run it!

Last edited by dakotath,

RetroAndDev

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
France
Strange. Never got Loadiine working with home-made Unity Games.
I had this issue with someone on GitHub that SCP can't run the game (and the Wii U menu too).
I don't have a stable fix, but I know that come from Unity Build. Furthermore, I made a lot of test in February 2023, and I don't remember clearly what I have done (what works, don't work or what I do for something). I check on my test game the differences from your sources and mine

RetroAndDev

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
France
Nice to see it works !
Can you send me the code used to display alerts (natives) and the OSK ?
Maybe useful for a documentation !
Have you got installation on NAND working ?

dakotath

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Nice to see it works !
Can you send me the code used to display alerts (natives) and the OSK ?
Maybe useful for a documentation !
Have you got installation on NAND working ?
sadly I have not got the thing to install to nand yet, and the error api seems to already have been documented (just not well), Heres the code I use to display the errors (using UnityEngine.WiiU):

C#:
private void DialogBox(int code, string title, string body)
{
    ErrorViewerArg connectionError = new ErrorViewerArg();
    connectionError.errorType = ErrorViewerArg.ErrorType.TextBtn;
    connectionError.buttonText = "Ok";
    connectionError.titleText = title;
    connectionError.mainText = body;
    connectionError.errorCode = code;
    connectionError.screenType = ErrorViewerArg.ScreenType.Dual;
    ErrorViewer.Invoke (connectionError);
}

sadly I have not got the thing to install to nand yet, and the error api seems to already have been documented (just not well), Heres the code I use to display the errors (using UnityEngine.WiiU):

C#:
private void DialogBox(int code, string title, string body)
{
    ErrorViewerArg connectionError = new ErrorViewerArg();
    connectionError.errorType = ErrorViewerArg.ErrorType.TextBtn;
    connectionError.buttonText = "Ok";
    connectionError.titleText = title;
    connectionError.mainText = body;
    connectionError.errorCode = code;
    connectionError.screenType = ErrorViewerArg.ScreenType.Dual;
    ErrorViewer.Invoke (connectionError);
}
I also managed to get my levels to run at 60fps (my capture card is not 60fps and the fps is on the gamepad):
1704314355102.png

Last edited by dakotath,
Reactions: RetroAndDev

PeaceHacker

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello everyone,
Today, I introduce a tool to easily make installable images from a Unity Wii U Build for any Retail Wii U !
This tool is currently in beta, some functions are not ready yet but the big part about decrypting Unity Build and repack it is working.
This is a short tutorial about how to use this tool. You can download it from my GitHub Repo here.

Installation & Setup
To Install Wii U Cafe SDK Deluxe you just need to download it from the Release Page of the GitHub and extract it to your Unity's Build folder. Like that :

View attachment 365865
Here we are inside my "Builds" folder of my Unity Project. The folder "Ver1" is my Unity Build with raw and dev files. You need to add the extracted folder "WiiUCafeSDKDeluxe" to the root folder of your build like in the picture. The "Versions" folder is created by Wii U Cafe Deluxe to store your Wii U Game versions. "tempMastering" is the folder who contains the mastering files (deleted after mastering done) and finaly, "copyToYourWiiUSD" contains the installable files to use with WUP Installer or System Config Tool on Retail Wii U. The two JSON files are the settings to use with the tool.

To set up the tool, you just need to run WiiUCafeSDKDeluxe.exe from the folder of the same name. You will have a message box to ask you if you want to create a new project, select "yes" and you will see this window :
View attachment 365867

The "Project Name" is how your final game is named. If later, you check the option "Automatically Copy To SD", this field will be used to create the folder in your SD Card with the installable files.

You can add an icon and developers, but it just aesthetics now.

Cafe SDK Location and Unity version are required later, add them manually or locate your Cafe SDK automatically and your Unity Version from your project files.
For now only Unity.1.2p3 has been tested, other version can work, but I didn't make any tests.

Now we have finished with the installation and the setup. I will now explain the different functionalities and usage of my tool.

Usage and Functions

View attachment 365868This is the home of the tool. Here you can access to all functions. You can edit the project info, basic for now. First, we need to configure 3 options in the tool. So go to settings and change java.exe and the python.exe path to make NUSPacker and Kii U Generator to works. You can now change the path of your Wii U SDK parent directory. It's the folder who contains "SDK" folder and files like "SetupEnvironment". To use Kii U Generator, open a terminal window and enter this command to install all the decencies :
Code:
pip install pycryptodome

View attachment 365869

If you have installed App Config Tool and/or Master Editor from the NDI, restart the app, and you will be able to launch them. Now we will take a look at the versions. If you already have a build, you can use this 'Import Version' options, but you need to move first the version folder if he is located in the same parent folder as Wii U Cafe SDK Deluxe. If you don't have any version now, make a build in Unity and save it with a name, for me, I use 'Ver + version number' and place it in the parent build folder. After, use 'Create Version' Option, you will see this window :
View attachment 365872Enter the SAME NAME as your Unity Build Folder Name ! And select how you have made your build. Actually, only 'Install Image' works. And create the version. You will see after selecting it in the list the size of the folder 'CopyToSDCard' who contains the normal dev files. Before making a master for the hardware, you need to go in 'Hardware Settings' and pick up your hardware.
I recommend you to dev a game to have a Wii U Deluxe Set with 32go of NAND storage. Now go in 'Master Options' :
View attachment 365874

We are now able to add our game infos. To correctly create the installation files, we need an TitleID and a TitleKey. To create them, we need an UniqueID and a Variation. Variation is not very important, but UniqueID is important, you can change the input with random things, copy the TitleID and check if the TitleID is already used with this website. If the ID is not used, click on 'Generate Title Keys' (Generated with Kii U Generator)
After, you need for CDecrypt to import the Wii U Dev Common Key located in the SDK, just click on 'Import tik_sys.bin' and the tool will try to locate the file, if it failed you can search if manually. It's here, if you want to enable the automatic copy to your Wii U's SD Card and choose the 'Install' folder (For WUP Installer) in Wii U SD. Save and close, you are ready to create your Wii U Installable files.
In the home, select the version to use (if you have multiple versions) and click on 'Make Master for my Hardware' (If in your folder 'copyToSDCard' you have multiple build type (Development or Master From Unity) Wii U Cafe Deluxe will ask you which one to use). Now wait, the tool can freeze, and you will have your files in the parent folder in 'CopyToWiiUSD' folder (if you have enabled the automatic reproduction, you just need to unplug your SD). Now install it to your Wii U.

It's all for me today, to check if there is an update of this tool, follow this thread of manually go to About > Check for Updates.

Have a good day and fun with your Wii U and Unity.

(For interested people about making a Wii U game on Unity, I am currently writing a complete tutorial and documentation in English and French based on my week searchs and Wii U Software and knowledge)
Could you make a video guide on how to use this software? (if you haven't done so already)

PeaceHacker

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah I can but not now, I have too many things to do this month (maybe if I have some exta time) But great idea, a video tutorial or a text/post tutorial ?
I'm honestly better with video tutorials so I would say stick with that. I would recommend you use something like OBS to record the guide, its free (and can be downloaded like a game on Steam)

RetroAndDev

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
France
I know, I make YouTube videos about retro games and actual games (in French)
I take note, I will try to get time on my holiday (2 weeks, starts the 16th February)
I will improve my accent and pronunciation for the video

PeaceHacker

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know, I make YouTube videos about retro games and actual games (in French)
I take note, I will try to get time on my holiday (2 weeks, starts the 16th February)
I will improve my accent and pronunciation for the video
I think it will, but remember you could always add translated captions to your videos.
I hope your holiday goes well!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto