ROM Hack Gyakuten Saiban 1-3 Translation

Objection!

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
h3rmit said: Hi there. I am on holidays right now, I'll be back in a few days. The next patch will be available in a few weeks, maybe earlier. I still have to figure out a few things that will fix both GS1 case 2 and GS3 case 2.

Merry Christmas and a Happy new year!

Me: This thing isn't dead!

Kyrio

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hey! I was wondering if there was a workaround for the Godot crash in case 3-2?
I'm playing through the case at the moment and I couldn't avoid that bug, unlike the other few. Perhaps someone has a saved game that would allow me to skip the scene?

In any case, I'd like to thank h3rmit for his work, it's great to replay AA on good conditions on a smartphone ;)

Objection!

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm playing through the case at the moment and I couldn't avoid that bug, unlike the other few. Perhaps someone has a saved game that would allow me to skip the scene?

In any case, I'd like to thank h3rmit for his work, it's great to replay AA on good conditions on a smartphone ;)
h3rmit is working on that but he's always busy.

h3rmit

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece

Unfortunately, due to heavy workload, I don't have the time to play through every possibility of the whole case 3-2 and find where exactly it crashes.

Can you please tell me the exact point of the crash and the dialogue just before it happens?

I may be able to fix it really quick.

Last edited by h3rmit,

Kyrio

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Unfortunately, due to heavy workload, I don't have the time to play through every possibility of the whole case 3-2 and find where exactly it crashes.

Can you please tell me the exact point of the crash and the dialogue just before it happens?

I may be able to fix it really quick.

Sorry I took so much time to reply! I mentioned the "Godot crash" without explaining where it happened since it was already reported earlier, so here are some details :)

The crash happens near the end of the 1st trial in case 3-2, just after Atmey's first breakdown as you claim that he is Mask☆DeMasque. Godot starts saying "But it is in fact, nothing more than a..." and the game freezes. See this screenshot from an earlier post.

Since I've already played the game, I ended up using the save file that you posted back in December. That's how I could notice a crash in case 3-3:
At the very end of the first investigation sequence, when the crew and Godot are in Tres Bien, the game is supposed to fade to black, ask you to save and then proceed to the first trial. It actually remains stuck on the black screen, with the music still playing normally.

Tell me if you need more details! These are the only two critical bugs I've encountered; the others are either a matter of reloading the game using a battery save, or gone after a few lines of dialogue. Objection! reported some of them on this post.

Anyway, thanks for your work. I hope you'll be able to fix these ;)
And by the way, if you need help for that project, I'd be willing to... just tell me if there are any requirements, maybe on ASM or Japanese ^^

Last edited by Kyrio,
Reactions: Jubash

h3rmit

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
The crash happens near the end of the 1st trial in case 3-2, just after Atmey's first breakdown as you claim that he is Mask☆DeMasque. Godot starts saying "But it is in fact, nothing more than a..." and the game freezes. See this screenshot from an earlier post.

Actually, Mask☆DeMasque is in the second case of the game, "The Stolen Turnabout" episode. This case has 10 scripts, and from your description I think that the bug resides in script 2-2 or 2-3.

The thing is that I started working in this project knowing almost nothing. I learned a lot of things as I was progressing, I found out things that were unknown to the previous team, and I even developed some better tools than the original cctools.

The problem is that by the time my case editing tools were ready, I had already reached case 3-3. So up until then, I had been using the english scripts from cocomonk22 and kcaze, with some extra hacks, and binary edits. The thing is that they were produced with cctools and it seems that some of them included some minor corruptions (a few missing dialogs, some broken conditional variables, a few circumvented conditional jumps).

I'll probably have to go back and redo case 2 from scratch. That may take me some time, but I'll try.

Since I've already played the game, I ended up using the save file that you posted back in December. That's how I could notice a crash in case 3-3:
At the very end of the first investigation sequence, when the crew and Godot are in Tres Bien, the game is supposed to fade to black, ask you to save and then proceed to the first trial. It actually remains stuck on the black screen, with the music still playing normally.

I'll have a look at that too.

Kyrio

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Oops, I should have been clearer. I assume you've understood already but for clarity's sake, when I say case 3-2, I mean second case of the 3rd game (The Stolen Turnabout). The crash happens at the end of the first trial of this case.

The same goes for the bug in 3-3 (Recipe for Turnabout), it happens just before the 1st trial.

Thanks for your reply!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Biomutant looks cool tho, may have to try that
  • Quincy @ Quincy:
    Usually when such a big title leaks the Temp will be the first to report about it (going off of historical reports here, Pokemon SV being the latest one I can recall seeing pop up here)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I still like how a freaking mp3 file hacks webos all that security defeated by text yet again
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    They have simulators for everything nowdays, cray cray. How about a sim that shows you playing the Switch.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's called yuzu
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I want a 120hz 4k tv but crazy how more expensive the 120hz over the 60hz are. Or even more crazy is the price of 8k's.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    No real point since movies are 30fps
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Not a big movie buff, more of a gamer tbh. And Series X is 120hz 8k ready, but yea only 120hz 4k games out right now, but thinking of in the future.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Mostly why you never see TV manufacturers going post 60hz
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I only watch tv when i goto bed, it puts me to sleep, and I have a nas drive filled w my fav shows so i can watch them in order, commercial free. I usually watch Married w Children, or South Park
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Stremio ruined my need for nas
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I stream from Nas to firestick, one on every tv, and use Kodi. I'm happy w it, plays everything. (I pirate/torrent shows/movies on pc, and put on nas)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Kodi repost are still pretty popular
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What the hell is Kodi reposts? what do you mean, or "Wut?" -xdqwerty
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Google them basically web crawlers to movie sites
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    oh you mean the 3rd party apps on Kodi, yea i know what you mean, yea there are still a few cool ones, in fact watched the new planet of the apes movie other night w wifey thru one, was good pic surprisingly, not a cam
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Damn, only $2.06 and free shipping. Gotta cost more for them to ship than $2.06
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I got my Dad a firestick for Xmas and showed him those 3rd party sites on Kodi, he loves it, all he watches anymore. He said he has got 3 letters from AT&T already about pirating, but he says f them, let them shut my internet off (He wants out of his AT&T contract anyways)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's where stremio comes to play never got a letter about it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I just use a VPN, even give him my login and password so can use it also, and he refuses, he's funny.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I had to find and get him an old style flip phone even without text, cause thats what he wanted. No text, no internet, only phone calls. Old, old school.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: @BigOnYa...