ROM Hack Gyakuten Saiban 1-3 Translation

Objection!

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
h3rmit said: Hi there. I am on holidays right now, I'll be back in a few days. The next patch will be available in a few weeks, maybe earlier. I still have to figure out a few things that will fix both GS1 case 2 and GS3 case 2.

Merry Christmas and a Happy new year!

Me: This thing isn't dead!

Kyrio

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hey! I was wondering if there was a workaround for the Godot crash in case 3-2?
I'm playing through the case at the moment and I couldn't avoid that bug, unlike the other few. Perhaps someone has a saved game that would allow me to skip the scene?

In any case, I'd like to thank h3rmit for his work, it's great to replay AA on good conditions on a smartphone ;)

Objection!

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm playing through the case at the moment and I couldn't avoid that bug, unlike the other few. Perhaps someone has a saved game that would allow me to skip the scene?

In any case, I'd like to thank h3rmit for his work, it's great to replay AA on good conditions on a smartphone ;)
h3rmit is working on that but he's always busy.

h3rmit

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece

Unfortunately, due to heavy workload, I don't have the time to play through every possibility of the whole case 3-2 and find where exactly it crashes.

Can you please tell me the exact point of the crash and the dialogue just before it happens?

I may be able to fix it really quick.

Last edited by h3rmit,

Kyrio

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Unfortunately, due to heavy workload, I don't have the time to play through every possibility of the whole case 3-2 and find where exactly it crashes.

Can you please tell me the exact point of the crash and the dialogue just before it happens?

I may be able to fix it really quick.

Sorry I took so much time to reply! I mentioned the "Godot crash" without explaining where it happened since it was already reported earlier, so here are some details :)

The crash happens near the end of the 1st trial in case 3-2, just after Atmey's first breakdown as you claim that he is Mask☆DeMasque. Godot starts saying "But it is in fact, nothing more than a..." and the game freezes. See this screenshot from an earlier post.

Since I've already played the game, I ended up using the save file that you posted back in December. That's how I could notice a crash in case 3-3:
At the very end of the first investigation sequence, when the crew and Godot are in Tres Bien, the game is supposed to fade to black, ask you to save and then proceed to the first trial. It actually remains stuck on the black screen, with the music still playing normally.

Tell me if you need more details! These are the only two critical bugs I've encountered; the others are either a matter of reloading the game using a battery save, or gone after a few lines of dialogue. Objection! reported some of them on this post.

Anyway, thanks for your work. I hope you'll be able to fix these ;)
And by the way, if you need help for that project, I'd be willing to... just tell me if there are any requirements, maybe on ASM or Japanese ^^

Last edited by Kyrio,
Reactions: Jubash

h3rmit

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
The crash happens near the end of the 1st trial in case 3-2, just after Atmey's first breakdown as you claim that he is Mask☆DeMasque. Godot starts saying "But it is in fact, nothing more than a..." and the game freezes. See this screenshot from an earlier post.

Actually, Mask☆DeMasque is in the second case of the game, "The Stolen Turnabout" episode. This case has 10 scripts, and from your description I think that the bug resides in script 2-2 or 2-3.

The thing is that I started working in this project knowing almost nothing. I learned a lot of things as I was progressing, I found out things that were unknown to the previous team, and I even developed some better tools than the original cctools.

The problem is that by the time my case editing tools were ready, I had already reached case 3-3. So up until then, I had been using the english scripts from cocomonk22 and kcaze, with some extra hacks, and binary edits. The thing is that they were produced with cctools and it seems that some of them included some minor corruptions (a few missing dialogs, some broken conditional variables, a few circumvented conditional jumps).

I'll probably have to go back and redo case 2 from scratch. That may take me some time, but I'll try.

Since I've already played the game, I ended up using the save file that you posted back in December. That's how I could notice a crash in case 3-3:
At the very end of the first investigation sequence, when the crew and Godot are in Tres Bien, the game is supposed to fade to black, ask you to save and then proceed to the first trial. It actually remains stuck on the black screen, with the music still playing normally.

I'll have a look at that too.

Kyrio

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Oops, I should have been clearer. I assume you've understood already but for clarity's sake, when I say case 3-2, I mean second case of the 3rd game (The Stolen Turnabout). The crash happens at the end of the first trial of this case.

The same goes for the bug in 3-3 (Recipe for Turnabout), it happens just before the 1st trial.

Thanks for your reply!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Manual charging