Official hakchi2 - NES Mini very simple pimp tool

EridiumMiner

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Guys, what neogeo.zip I should use to run Neogeo Roms on my SNES Mini? There are many with different sizes and while I've tested them all, seems that none can run games like Puzzle Bobble, Spinmaster and Metal Slug.

Aternel

Trophies
XP
Country
Do a full uninstall in hakchi "kernel>uninstall" and start again in latest hakchi usually fixes all issues

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I like that I matter what I do it's reversible lolololol
tried on 3 different consoles (not mine haha) but it's still the same : when I hit reset, it takes 10s to go back to home menu, even with only the 21 original games. Retroarch & Snes9x modules are installed, along with the remove thumbnail menu module. Controller hack enabled (select start l+r to reset) :/

NeilZander

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Have you tried more complex games like Conker's Bad Fur Day or Resident Evil 2?

Well no I haven't tried that yet I'm mainly focusing on the SNES and Gameboy,Color games like Super GameBoy and BSX Stattleveiw you know stuff that was actually compatible and or available to the SNES and Super Famicom since the BSX was part of the Super Famicom and there is a working version on the net of BS Zelda Map 1 and 2 with everything in tact the events the voice over the timer etc to be able to play it on the console would be amazing

PPlays

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tried on 3 different consoles (not mine haha) but it's still the same : when I hit reset, it takes 10s to go back to home menu, even with only the 21 original games. Retroarch & Snes9x modules are installed, along with the remove thumbnail menu module. Controller hack enabled (select start l+r to reset) :/
What version did you download?

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i will try conkers now

edit, 64mb game , wow, worth a try

Yeah, unfortunately, those two ROMs are the largest at 512 megabits each.

Well no I haven't tried that yet I'm mainly focusing on the SNES and Gameboy,Color games like Super GameBoy and BSX Stattleveiw you know stuff that was actually compatible and or available to the SNES and Super Famicom since the BSX was part of the Super Famicom and there is a working version on the net of BS Zelda Map 1 and 2 with everything in tact the events the voice over the timer etc to be able to play it on the console would be amazing

No worries, was just curious.

davetheshrew

Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah, unfortunately, those two ROMs are the largest at 512 megabits each.
didnt work, just kicks back to menu, no error though. I will try a different rom, might be using the eur rom by mistake

Edit: yep was europe rom, brb

EDIT 2 no joy, usa rom doesnt load either

Last edited by davetheshrew,
Reactions: the_randomizer

Th3one

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried with my system retroarch install and snes9x 2010 core I tried it with oh no more zombies are my neighbors a Rom hack and it takes like 6 seconds that's because that retroarch menu open first. Also tried it with regular emulator with 4 different games it takes around 3 seconds to go to the home screen I have 110 games

Shadowtrance

Trophies
XP
Country
Guys, what neogeo.zip I should use to run Neogeo Roms on my SNES Mini? There are many with different sizes and while I've tested them all, seems that none can run games like Puzzle Bobble, Spinmaster and Metal Slug.
i got metal slug 5 (only one i tried so far) working fine with the fbalpha neogeo core...
import the game to hakchi > select import as archive
then change the commandline to /bin/neo instead of /bin/zip
and sync. done.

Ceuse

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Tryibg again: anxone knows how to use shaders with retroarch? Video filters with the build in shaders seem to do nothing. Need crt filter on terranigma xD

NeilZander

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There's no MSU-1 support, it'd require someone to hack Canoe in some way.

That's unfortunate maybe someone will help make that support in the future to play it on a actual console with the controller would be epic

Isn't that game split in 4 parts?

I'm not sure what the deal is with it exactly... But apparently the group who did the translation claims it's completed with just the 2 maps. There's a 3rd quest one that is the like Zelda 1 remaster no timer no voice etc just Zelda 1 with a graphic overhaul then I don't know much at all about the 4th thing but they claim only Map 1 and Map 2 apparently made the BSZelda game complete somehow? Only other Zelda one I know of but can't remember if it's part of the 4 quest is the Acient Stone Tablets if that's the case they said they we're working on that games translation next...

Last edited by NeilZander,

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's unfortunate maybe someone will help make that support in the future to play it on a actual console with the controller would be epic

I'm not sure what the deal is with it exactly... But apparently the group who did the translation claims it's completed with just the 2 maps. There's a 3rd quest one that is the like Zelda 1 remaster no timer no voice etc just Zelda 1 with a graphic overhaul then I don't know much at all about the 4th thing but they claim only Map 1 and Map 2 apparently made the BSZelda game complete somehow? Only other Zelda one I know of but can't remember if it's part of the 4 quest in the Acient Stone Tablets if that's the case they said they we're working on that games translation next...

Or use RetroArch on the Mini, that's really your best bet.

Kumoashi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's turned on, so they don't appear

I tried with only the 21 original games (still with custom kernel though) and it's 10seconds too. :/
Removing the row of Mini box art is know to slow down the loading of the menu. If you put those back, it should go back to being fast again.

davetheshrew

Trophies
XP
Country
a while ago it was deemed that the psx core was unsuitable for nes mini, however i want to play a really not well known and system light game called team buddies, anyone have the old psx core?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HHNH5pnioQk