Official hakchi2 - NES Mini very simple pimp tool

KMFDManic

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes. You need Retroarch and Use Nestopia. You can flip disc sides with Retroarch config and Nestopia is required to play FDS games.

Use nestopia forces all NES to run with nestopia. That isn't the best way to go. Better way to go is to use /bin/nestopia or /bin/fceumm given you are using RetroArchs in my set.

JackMonty

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Does anyone have a version of hakchi2 that includes the latest 42 commits made by cluster? I'm looking for a version that has the unsleep command running to stop power drain, but as far as I can see this hasn't been released yet...

PPlays

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does anyone have a version of hakchi2 that includes the latest 42 commits made by cluster? I'm looking for a version that has the unsleep command running to stop power drain, but as far as I can see this hasn't been released yet...
I have 2.21e, is that what you mean?

LuckY07

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm confused on the latest special character update. What styles systems does this apply to that don't already currently work with (Hakchi 2.21f (dantheman USB-HOST 1-5-18))??
I've been using the above Hakchi2 with USB-HOST and I don't seem to have a problem with special characters.

Ex) I added > Putt Putt Golf (Japan) .fds to USB-HOST yesterday and had it compressed to *.7z

When I look on USB-HOST the filename is >
Code:
Putt_Putt_Golf_Japan_b_.fds.7z
(special characters removed)

the .desktop file has special chracters removed >
Code:
Exec=/bin/nestopia /usr/share/games/CLV-I-YSJBA/Putt_Putt_Golf_Japan_b_.fds.7z

and inside the .7z file the special characters also have been removed >
Code:
Putt_Putt_Golf_Japan_b_.fds

Where were people still having problems with special characters? The version of hakchi2 (dan the man for USB-HOST) seems to already remove them.. is there something I'm missing?

Last edited by LuckY07,

evilvoice

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I could only find 2.21f but there are more commits after that that say they unsleep has been re-added - I was wondering if there was a complied version of that release yet?

It's usleep. Cluster has ceased development for a while, but others are compiling their own. The ones in KMFDManic pack have the latest commits as well as new enhancements.

Reactions: JackMonty

Spottedfeather

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
quick question. In the emulator on my computer, the Williams Arcade Greatest Hits have sound. But when I try to play them on the SNES classic, half of them don't have any sound. I've tried three different versions of the rom and they all play fine on my computer.

My question is this...is there a way to guarantee that I'll be able to find a working copy of this rom that will work on the snes classic ?

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
quick question. In the emulator on my computer, the Williams Arcade Greatest Hits have sound. But when I try to play them on the SNES classic, half of them don't have any sound. I've tried three different versions of the rom and they all play fine on my computer.

My question is this...is there a way to guarantee that I'll be able to find a working copy of this rom that will work on the snes classic ?

What emulator are you running it on on PC?

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I use SNES9X 1.53.

If there's no sound, chances are it's the fact Canoe (the Snes Classic emulator) doesn't have cycle-accurate SPC700 emulation (sound). Snes9x 1.53 on the other hand, does. You would be likely better off installing RetroArch and running it on the Snes Classic. Other games are broken like Earthworm Jim 2 (broken sound).

Last edited by the_randomizer,

Spottedfeather

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If there's no sound, chances are it's the fact Canoe (the Snes Classic emulator) doesn't have cycle-accurate SPC700 emulation (sound). Snes9x 1.53 on the other hand, does. You would be likely better off installing RetroArch and running it on the Snes Classic. Other games are broken like Earthworm Jim 2 (broken sound).
I'm not sure what it's running on. I have retroarch and the snes emulator. In the command line for the game, it lists it as /fig. Would it help if I change it to snes ? I can't find a normal version of the game.

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not sure what it's running on. I have retroarch and the snes emulator. In the command line for the game, it lists it as /fig. Would it help if I change it to snes ? I can't find a normal version of the game.

Are you running the RetroArch command though? command goes here then -- retroach I hope. Snes9x is the module

JackMonty

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It's usleep. Cluster has ceased development for a while, but others are compiling their own. The ones in KMFDManic pack have the latest commits as well as new enhancements.

Thanks for the tip! I have downloaded the KMFDManic - just to be sure the version of hakchi2 in the pack called "hakchi2-dantheman827-linked-export-1-24-18" is the leastest build with all the improvements listed in cluster's github? So this version will have unsleep? Thanks for your help.

evilvoice

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the tip! I have downloaded the KMFDManic - just to be sure the version of hakchi2 in the pack called "hakchi2-dantheman827-linked-export-1-24-18" is the leastest build with all the improvements listed in cluster's github? So this version will have unsleep? Thanks for your help.

You should be good to go. Honestly I was surprised by your post. This was a reported issue that was fixed a long time ago. Like well before Cluster made the commit. Some people would ftp into their console and push the file. Anyways, dantheman has done a lot of extra work adding stuff as well as madmonkey. You're in good hands.

Reactions: JackMonty

Spottedfeather

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are you running the RetroArch command though? command goes here then -- retroach I hope. Snes9x is the module
I never run the retroarch command....on ANY games that I use retroarch for. just /bin/snes or /cp2 or whatever the type of game is. The command line for the game that doesn't have sound is this..../bin/fig /usr/share/games/CLV-Z-FNRHW/Williams_Arcade_s_Greatest_Hits_(U).fig.7z

The game starts and loads and everything, but half of the games in it don't have any sound. I have several games that Canoe won't run or has problems with. The command lines of these games start with /bin/snes....and they all run just fine with retroarch.

JackMonty

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You should be good to go. Honestly I was surprised by your post. This was a reported issue that was fixed a long time ago. Like well before Cluster made the commit. Some people would ftp into their console and push the file. Anyways, dantheman has done a lot of extra work adding stuff as well as madmonkey. You're in good hands.

I read about the manual fix but wasn't too keen on pushing the file myself - I was willing to wait for it to be incorporated officially but hadn't heard about a new release from Cluster for a while - I never checked out the new KMFD releases as I was just interested in running SNES games without USB storage - thanks for pointing me in the right direction and thanks to everyone who made these new compiled versions.

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I never run the retroarch command....on ANY games that I use retroarch for. just /bin/snes or /cp2 or whatever the type of game is. The command line for the game that doesn't have sound is this..../bin/fig /usr/share/games/CLV-Z-FNRHW/Williams_Arcade_s_Greatest_Hits_(U).fig.7z

The game starts and loads and everything, but half of the games in it don't have any sound. I have several games that Canoe won't run or has problems with. The command lines of these games start with /bin/snes....and they all run just fine with retroarch.

/bin/clover-canoe-shvc-wr -rom /usr/share/games/CLV-U-YKEFW/(ROM Name here).sfrom.7z --volume 100 -rollback-snapshot-period 600 --retroarch

Is what the command should be to run RetroArch/Snes9x. If that doesn't work, then I don't know.

PPlays

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Do you care if this runs on canoe or snes9x?

Ryu-SSF2T

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Denmark
I got the SNES games running through an USB and everything works fine.
However when I try to run a Sega Genesis game (or NES), it just goes back to the menu.
I checked the command line: and on a gameboy game like tetris it reads : /bin/gb /usr/share/games/CLV-B-HZCRP/Tetris_World_Rev_A_.gb.7z On a megadrive game : /bin/sms /usr/share/games/CLV-M-QCOFP/Alex_Kidd_in_Miracle_World_USA_Europe_v1.1_.sms.7z /bin/md /usr/share/games/CLV-G-ZWJUJ/Sonic_the_Hedgehog_USA_Europe_.md.7z and so on. I cant quite see what the problem is...

Anyone know why? Is my retroarch set up wrong somehow? I have also tried with uncompressed files, and its still the same.
Black screen and then it goes back to the menu.

PPlays

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got the SNES games running through an USB and everything works fine.
However when I try to run a Sega Genesis game (or NES), it just goes back to the menu.
I checked the command line: and on a gameboy game like tetris it reads : /bin/gb /usr/share/games/CLV-B-HZCRP/Tetris_World_Rev_A_.gb.7z On a megadrive game : /bin/sms /usr/share/games/CLV-M-QCOFP/Alex_Kidd_in_Miracle_World_USA_Europe_v1.1_.sms.7z /bin/md /usr/share/games/CLV-G-ZWJUJ/Sonic_the_Hedgehog_USA_Europe_.md.7z and so on. I cant quite see what the problem is...

Anyone know why? Is my retroarch set up wrong somehow? I have also tried with uncompressed files, and its still the same.
Black screen and then it goes back to the menu.
The cores might be conflicting if you have more than one for the same system. All I can think of really.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: you can fap to your favorite character without it being gay