Official hakchi2 - NES Mini very simple pimp tool

byevoltor

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I wish that the challenge for cluster to implement the option of usb mod, in nes & snes be possible to see it the day of the lovers .... On February 14 :wub:.... For all lovers of Nes & Snes, it would be the special gift:hrth: .... In which KMFDManic and gbatemp people have put all their work, and Cluster should be able to overcome the challenge of including it in Hakchi2 and that works in NES & Snes !!!!

KMFDManic and gbatemp people, thank you very much.:bow:

Cluster, we hope you take time to give us a special day on February 14, we are in love with Nes & Snes thanks to your work and the collaborators ..... You can ... Genius !!!!!

regalo-san-valentin-para-ella.jpg

Liriel

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Not too many people have switched over to doing the SD Card Modification, including myself. So, unfortunately, I cannot personally test for issues or conflicts. But, I can help get them fixed, nonetheless. Obviously, if there are issues, stick to 1-5-18 release! But, I will do what I can to bump things to working on 1-14-18, as well, if there is truly a conflict or two. And, I will let you know if I need you to test any changes, for accuracy:)

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

You are welcome:) Many more updates to come!
OK skogaby Look at the New USB host and He worte that only the uboot file must change to his file.
I think that i could not Start a game is the New paths in the Desktop file.

Edit:
I was right the New path Make the problem.
And on the original 21 must i found the problem

Gesendet von meinem Huawei P10 mit Tapatalk

Last edited by Liriel,

KMFDManic

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK skogaby Look at the New USB host and He worte that only the uboot file must change to his file.
I think that i could not Start a game is the New paths in the Desktop file.

Edit:
I was right the New path Make the problem.
And on the original 21 must i found the problem

Gesendet von meinem Huawei P10 mit Tapatalk

Yes, I let skogaby know. I also included fix in last release for default games.

Liriel

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Yes, I let skogaby know. I also included fix in last release for default games.
ups i had should look unter hmod. ^^
but i solved it with a backup of the original games folder.

i wrote skogaby too with the path.

perhaps it could be integrate in a future hakchi 1 that it select automatic between the 2 uboot version when select a button for usb and for sd card

Last edited by Liriel,

ByteThis

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I do like metal slugs.. I was actually wondering if it's possible to play MS5 on SNESc.

As for Demon Front, I just googled it after u posted. It looks pretty cool, I've never tried it out. I was playing Dracula X for PCE CD on this a lot lately along with
Spinmaster (Neo Geo).

I got final fight with Sega CD OST working.. but only the 60mb mono version. The mixed stereo version wouldn't load..

The Final Fight games are great, as well as Spinmaster ! MS5 should work..try it with the fba core. Demonfront works well with FBA as well..as long as you have the PGM BIOS to run Demonfront.

Reactions: LuckY07

achyoav

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Israel
it's stuck for me on "Waiting for your NES/SNES Mini". How can i fix this? It's my first time dumping the kurnel.
It's an SNES for the record.
EDIT: the driver is installed

LuckY07

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The Final Fight games are great, as well as Spinmaster ! MS5 should work..try it with the fba core. Demonfront works well with FBA as well..as long as you have the PGM BIOS to run Demonfront.

I'll give MS5 a try with FBA, I think that game would be fun.

In the hunt is a bit challenging, they don't give you many lives and you don't have unlimited continues.

I tried NBA Live 97 and NBA Live 98 from PS1 using the neon PSX core and they both ran pretty bad on USB-HOST. I was hoping one of those would work but the graphics and controls
are horrible.

Reactions: ByteThis

KMFDManic

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WIP UPDATE For 1-23-18**

Special Characters will no longer be an issue:) Many Cores Updated and Fixed! For now, enjoy this video of something I had pushed for, that was added within RetroArch Code, thanks to fr500! That is the ability to play ANY of the PC Cores, such as DOSBOX, BlueMSX, X68000, CPC Amstrad, and keybind ANY of the keyboard keys to your Controller! Here is the video of this amazing addition in action! Look back for the Update tomorrow:)

SNES Classic - DOSBOX (Commander Keen), MSX (Metal Gear), PC Cores, Mapping Keyboard to Controller!

Reactions: the_randomizer

ByteThis

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'll give MS5 a try with FBA, I think that game would be fun.

In the hunt is a bit challenging, they don't give you many lives and you don't have unlimited continues.

I tried NBA Live 97 and NBA Live 98 from PS1 using the neon PSX core and they both ran pretty bad on USB-HOST. I was hoping one of those would work but the graphics and controls
are horrible.

I just discovered In The Hunt a couple of weeks ago. Awesome game ! Was created by the folks that made Metal Slug before Metal Slug was actually created. You can go into Retroarch and change the number of lives to 5 instead of 3, and you can put in a max of 99 coins (in the game itself), so that will get you to the end of the game. I run In The Hunt on FBA.

Have you tried to use lr-pcsx-rearmed core for Psx roms? Games run pretty smooth using that emulator.

Last edited by ByteThis,
Reactions: LuckY07 and Turnbl

SWChris

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi all. It's been awhile.

With the help of mntorankusu I made a guide for how to configure hakchi once so that you can play all four BS The Legend of Zelda: Ancient Stone Tablets rom files without having to hook your SNES Classic back up to hakchi to rearrange file names and things. This lets you share the same save file between all four roms.

Basically it's a 'set it and forget it' set of steps that's easy to replicate. Perfect for if you're configuring a system for the non-technically inclined or just don't want to deal with hakchi in order to play through the full game.

How to play Ancient Stone Tablets with a SNES Classic Guide: https://imgur.com/a/mqJMC

Last edited by SWChris,

Liriel

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
How to play Ancient Stone Tablets with a SNES Classic Guide: https://imgur.com/a/mqJMC
is that complicate!

it goaes easier!
insert the games normale in hakchi and add that command line art like in the picture here.

it looks like that
Code:
/bin/clover-canoe-shvc-wr -rom /var/games/gameid/XXX.sfrom.7z --volume 100 -rollback-snapshot-period 600 --sram-file /var/lib/clover/profiles/0/*Week1 ID*/cartridge.sfrom --sram-file /var/lib/clover/profiles/0/*Week2 ID*/cartridge.sfrom --sram-file /var/lib/clover/profiles/0/*Week3 ID*/cartridge.sfrom --sram-file /var/lib/clover/profiles/0/*Week4 ID*/cartridge.sfrom

that must be set at every of the 4 roms

when you play week 1 and load week 2 after set boy or girl in the main menu the save automatic apears in week 2 with your char set.
at week 3 and week 4 the same

Attachments

• c8a1db0.jpg
    c8a1db0.jpg
    422.1 KB · Views: 379
Last edited by Liriel,

SWChris

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
is that complicate!

it goaes easier!
insert the games normale in hakchi and add that command line art like in the picture here.

it looks like that
/bin/clover-canoe-shvc-wr -rom /var/games/gameid/XXX.sfrom.7z --volume 100 -rollback-snapshot-period 600 --sram-file /var/lib/clover/profiles/0/*Week1 ID*/cartridge.sfrom --sram-file /var/lib/clover/profiles/0/*Week2 ID*/cartridge.sfrom --sram-file /var/lib/clover/profiles/0/*Week3 ID*/cartridge.sfrom --sram-file /var/lib/clover/profiles/0/*Week4 ID*/cartridge.sfrom
that must be set at every of the 4 roms

This does not actually work as described. I've tried it. It's what led me to search out another method in the first place. But I haven't seen this image of it before, so perhaps it's possible and I was misunderstanding something based on the original description of the method I saw. I will definitely have to give it another shot.

Last edited by SWChris,

Liriel

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
thats wrong it works! i play it with that!

edit:
you must create in every of the 4 roms a ingame save with select boy or girl and a off game quick save

Last edited by Liriel,

LuckY07

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just discovered In The Hunt a couple of weeks ago. Awesome game ! Was created by the folks that made Metal Slug before Metal Slug was actually created. You can go into Retroarch and change the number of lives to 5 instead of 3, and you can put in a max of 99 coins (in the game itself), so that will get you to the end of the game. I run In The Hunt on FBA.

Have you tried to use lr-pcsx-rearmed core for Psx roms? Games run pretty smooth using that emulator.

I didn't know you can add coins, I saw the lives and changed that to 5. I can only get to stage 3 this way lol.

The core I'm using for PSX games is from KMFDM's 1-20-18 core set (_km_pcsx_rearmed_neon_12_16_17.hmod). Is the lr-pcsx-rearmed any different? I'm just wondering if the NBA Live 97/98
won't run good in general due to the polygon characters they used.

titaniuml

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi guys. I finally want to hack my SNES classic now. What's the latest? Are all games compatible? And what's the max games I can have in?

SWChris

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thats wrong it works! i play it with that!

edit:
you must create in every of the 4 roms a ingame save with select boy or girl and a off game quick save
Just to make sure I'm understanding correctly, I need to boot each Week up and start the game as a boy or girl and only then will it read the sram files so you can play each week in order?

Liriel

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
you go in every week and make only the selection if boy or girl.
then you go out the game and make a save state (quick save).

then you play week 1 after finished that you go (dont use the save stat that override the ingame saves) to week two and it aks again if boy or girl.
when you select that the save should show your hearth and time from the week before.

and with week 3 and 4 you make the same wehn you finished week 2 and week 3.

the save state is that sometimes the games save the ig save only after you make a save state.

my version of ancient stone tablets works in canoe and wth compression.

the command line i posted overwrite the ingame save file

Last edited by Liriel,

KMFDManic

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
FInally:) UPDATE 1-24-18

Probably one of the most incredible Updates, yet:) USB-HOST can now be used WITH Special Characters (Thanks for the assist Madmonkey!) You will NEED to be using one of the Newly Revised & Updated RetroArchs in my Set to take advantage of this! And, additionally, make sure no Previous SNES Hmods are installed...as they are all revised, too! You will need to use the Newly Revised ones, also in the Update! Dual SNES Cores are No longer necessary!!! RetroArch is now has proper coding integration to handle sfroms/snes9x, without conflict:)
Courtesy of DanTheMan827, comes the ability to mount User Interface to Flash Drive! This has many perks, including Custom UI Music! I added support for your own Custom Borders (Thanks for helping test, Deathr0w:), as well as Custom Controller Mapping for Cores such as MAME 2000! SNES Canoe Custom Filters HMOD added for USB-HOST (Thanks for the help Defkorns!!!). And, of course, I brought the Core Set, truly into the year 2018 by Updating and Fixing nearly 50+ Cores! So, it is a tremendous Update! FBA 2016 should work better now! I will await feedback on that one, and hopefully not have to revert coding, again:) Mr.Boom has many great AI Additions courtesy of frranck! Lastly, Linked Export can now be used with 1-14-18 Hakchi, and Default Games for both NESC/SNESC work. I still have MANY things to work on, and many things on my immediate agenda! I will do Dropbox so that additions to the Core Set can be grabbed without downloading the entire Zip, Cheat Sheet for Command lines, etc! But, Enjoy this Fantastic Release, for now:) Thanks for all of your continual Support!!! Here are a couple videos of the latest additions in action:) I also did a couple other videos on Custom MAME 2000 Controls and Custom Borders! Check those out, too:)

SNES Classic - Best USB-HOST Update Yet:) Special Characters Now Work!

SNES Classic - Custom UI & Custom Music - USB-HOST

And, of course, the Update:)

https://github.com/KMFDManic/NESC-SNESC-Modifications/releases/

Reactions: santamanga

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Even my mum slept on that uremum