Hacking Has an XB1 game ever been dumped before?

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Reactions: Phearoz

vbi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So if you can get HostOS privalleges then you can get access to retail? And can an admin account then that's useless for dumping? I thought you could do BIG stuff like forcing the console to play retail games. To stop people wanting to decrypt Xbox One games, can't you just hack a Windows PC to Windows.Xbox in the family ID? It should be easy, considering how easy it is to do stuff to a computer.
I would not phrase it as "access to retail". There are limited XVD's you could read and write to.

Having Host access while in Developer Mode would not allow decryption of retail games. Cannot load the licenses for titles while in developer mode; would require an exploit within the AMDSP.

NotStupidAhaAha

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I would not phrase it as "access to retail". There are limited XVD's you could read and write to.

Having Host access while in Developer Mode would not allow decryption of retail games. Cannot load the licenses for titles while in developer mode; would require an exploit within the AMDSP.
So Dev Mode just says 'This is a retail game. Don't let him play it.' Even with administrator?

vbi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So Dev Mode just says 'This is a retail game. Don't let him play it.' Even with administrator?
Yeah... this isn't decided, for the most part, by anything OS level/for Dev Mode anyway. Again, this comes down to the AMDSP. If you want to decrypt a game on the console, you require the license but if you're in Developer Mode then the AMDSP will refuse it while in that mode.
Administrator in SRA for that level of access/to modify is not enough.

NotStupidAhaAha

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Yeah... this isn't decided, for the most part, by anything OS level/for Dev Mode anyway. Again, this comes down to the AMDSP. If you want to decrypt a game on the console, you require the license but if you're in Developer Mode then the AMDSP will refuse it while in that mode.
Administrator in SRA for that level of access/to modify is not enough.
You sure, including UWP apps, that aren't encrypted?

stanleyopar2000

RIP Yuzu. "It is always morally correct..."
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Xbox piracy has been kept at bay due to the dev mode that is on the console...also most XBox games are on PC now.

The day dev mode get pulled or restricted, is the year you'll see "scene" developments. It's what Sony did on the PS3 by taking away OtherOS.

NotStupidAhaAha

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
What's the question about UWP apps? If they aren't encrypted then you can dump them and run them fine in Dev Mode.
Hmm.. I'm trying to think of one, but does this include UWP apps that could be encrypted but shipped as an AppX, seperate from EAppX files?

vbi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm.. I'm trying to think of one, but does this include UWP apps that could be encrypted but shipped as an AppX, seperate from EAppX files?
I do not know to be honest. This will depend on if the license served from Xbox Live/Microsoft Store doesn't restrict the "BootMode". Every license on the console, at least for most games and apps, contains a "BootMode" to determine if its allowed on Retail, SRADevKit, ERA, etc. So without the appropriate license, no. I'm not sure so I could be wrong for AppX apps.

NotStupidAhaAha

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I do not know to be honest. This will depend on if the license served from Xbox Live/Microsoft Store doesn't restrict the "BootMode". Every license on the console, at least for most games and apps, contains a "BootMode" to determine if its allowed on Retail, SRADevKit, ERA, etc. So without the appropriate license, no. I'm not sure so I could be wrong for AppX apps.
Minecraft? That's an AppX. I download my AppX files from here, you're allowed: HTTPS://store.rg-adguard.net. I still wonder if it would be possible to get Xbox apps on PC if for some reason the game isn't encrypted XVC wise and licence-based.

Last edited by NotStupidAhaAha,

CMDreamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
dude, it sounds like your new to tech. jailbreaks dont happen with crappy ai such as chat gpt, it takes time,and extreme knowledge of years to decades to crack. just get a pc or buy the games/software you really want dude.lol
Don't forget the lack of interest.

Doesn't make any sense to hack a pseudo-console that has most of its games available on PC too.

MrQQ

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Some people would do it just for fun, the reason I'm getting an XDK is for this.
Based on your previous postings on this subject it wont lead to anything. You literally just make stuff up to seem valid. There is a reason my research has gone no further.

MrQQ

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
But it's true. George Hotz?
Post automatically merged:

Let's move this to another thread.
Would rather not. As I said you have zero technical knowledge regarding this subject and literally make stuff up to make yourself seem valid. Myself and others have already collaborated on this.

NotStupidAhaAha

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Would rather not. As I said you have zero technical knowledge regarding this subject and literally make stuff up to make yourself seem valid. Myself and others have already collaborated on this.
I have some experience, with the Guarding Attacks video, looked at XVDTool, etc. I'm,also getting an XDK/prototye. What would you do if I found a way to decrypt XVCs, and I shared pictures (and if you really want, a stripped down packaged version of the game for you to test on) to prove it?

MrQQ

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Yes but you dont. See this is what Im talking about. You have nothing to literally back it up except some screenshots and no viable way or even a slight hint at an explanation as to how it was achieved. You have zero technical knowledge or exploit finding based on previous posts. If you have something...share it.....otherwise you have nothing except false claims like alot of your posts :unsure: all you do is hijack threads regarding this topic and make false claims with literally nothing to back it up. If I am wrong then prove it!
Post automatically merged:

Totally agree with this statement. He knows literally nothing yet keeps posting....go figure.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/Tt5J7AfCK6E?si=g4dGzOkhACLJAovM