Hacking Have you been banned? If so, post here. Wanna see if we can find the source of the problem.

Ericthegreat

Not New Member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah so would mean I would have to use a backup loader to get my Eshop games. And pirate going forward but I wouldn’t really feel any moral dilemma in that situation as Nintendo restricted my access to the Eshop. So for me at least if I get banned then so be it while not ideal I can live without online features. I’m on 4.1 atm and still enjoy my switch. And with gba and gbc emulators I enjoy it even more.
I agree, amazing emulation > online

Nemean

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I agree, amazing emulation > online

Exactly now that won’t be the same for everyone as I have already seen replies on what I would miss if I was banned and for them people they are important features. There is no one size fits all but for me nothing that I would lose outweighs the gains. That could all change though if somebody thinks of anything else we may lose.

Reactions: Ericthegreat
D

Deletedmember448668

I never used CDN. And now I'm really not about to. I'm also concerned about error messages, like if you try to load a homebrew program, and it crashes your Switch.

Sent from my SM-T280 using Tapatalk
If you use cdn period, youre low life scum, thank you for not being that

MathijsCox

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
So if you are banned can you still use your digital games that you have installed on your switch?
As far as I know banned only means: No online, friends, no access to eshop, no posting on the news page.

Nemean

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
So if you are banned can you still use your digital games that you have installed on your switch?
As far as I know banned only means: No online, friends, no access to eshop, no posting on the news page.

I would think you would still be able to play games you have downloaded but probably not be able to update them. I am offline on my switch and still have access to my old Eshop games just can’t update and if I ever delete I will lose them. If I’m right it’s not legally wrong to install cfw so Nintendo banning you for it and then stopping you from using games you have paid for could be an issue.

Ericthegreat

Not New Member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would think you would still be able to play games you have downloaded but probably not be able to update them. I am offline on my switch and still have access to my old Eshop games just can’t update and if I ever delete I will lose them. If I’m right it’s not legally wrong to install cfw so Nintendo banning you for it and then stopping you from using games you have paid for could be an issue.
This is why you use "legal backups".

MathijsCox

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Shiny said you can update them. You just cant download new games from the eshop. Lucky I still have mine legal backup, but if I get banned I think I still wont use it. That's because if I can update my games and play my digital games im fine with getting banned. Only play singleplayer games so online wasnt mine problem if I got banned.

Nemean

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Yeah that’s pretty much how I feel. If I get banned I don’t think I will be too bothered most annoying thing will be when Pokemon comes out.

D

Deletedmember448668

can u actually tell me
I dont work for Nintendo, unfortunately I can't tell you anything but I can say that most of the people being banned are using the CDN tools to download games illegally, as long as you arent doing that or modifying games and playing online, you should be fine, also you shouldnt be using CFW without airplane mode. I wouldnt worry about it, it's one confirmed ban and dude was downloading games and then playing them online like a fucking retard. You'll be fine! Stop being paranoid :P

Last edited by ,
D

Deleted-355425

Like the guy above said, if you have done anything with the switch that isnt normal use there can be risk that you are on a list and when a ban wave comes its possible you will get banned. Not to be the bearer of bad news but thats how Nintendo works.

Reactions: lukhart

AlphaSapphire

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I dont work for Nintendo, unfortunately I can't tell you anything but I can say that most of the people being banned are using the CDN tools to download games illegally, as long as you arent doing that or modifying games and playing online, you should be fine, also you shouldnt be using CFW without airplane mode. I wouldnt worry about it, it's one confirmed ban and dude was downloading games and then playing them online like a fucking retard. You'll be fine! Stop being paranoid :P
thanks im just really worried I used hbl last week to backup all my saves

D

Deletedmember448668

thanks im just really worried I used hbl last week to backup all my saves
Thats literally all ive done with mine as well, i'm not worried about it. I think Nintendo wont ban for using homebrew as long as you arent doing things that infringe on their online services or stuff like stealing their games. Just be careful, there is always a possibility of being banned, homebrew isnt illegal but doing illegal things with it can get you banned. Stay in airplane mode, dont download switch games illegally and i think you should be fine.

Last edited by ,

MattKimura

3DS & WiiU Enthusiast
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
People are focusing on CDN being the only cause of ban possibilties, but there can be numerous other ways that they can detect unauthorized system usage. It's like being in the middle of a forest and knowing that a ninja can attack you from any side. I honestly think being 100% safe is not really a possibility, Nintendo has much better security now. And they really love the Switch's success, they aren't gonna be dumb like before with the 3DS and Wiiu.

Personally I'm gonna get a switch and hack, even if it gets banned. In fact I may even intentionally buy a banned switch tablet and do whatever I want with it. I get to spend less money that way on a switch for hacks. At this point its a decision between hacks, or staying legit + online play. You can't expect to enjoy both. I'm choosing to go with hacks because the benefit is far greater than online play to me.

Reactions: MarzDaindigo

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Thanks for signing up at LinusTechTips
  • QuarterCut @ QuarterCut:
    holey shmoley!
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Your credit card has been charged. Thank you.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Your screwdriverPlus will arrive in three weeks
    +1
  • QuarterCut @ QuarterCut:
    K64_Waddle_Dee_Artwork_1.jpg

my reaction to such information
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Press 1 for English. Press 2 for Pig Latin. Or press 3 to speak to a representative.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, i need help, i got into an argument about what genre radioactive is, and i forgot who made it
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @BakerMan, Imagine Dragons
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Dragon deez nuts across yo face GOTEEM
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    lmao now I realize that was probably the joke in the first place
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    IMAGINE DRAGON DEEZ NUTS ACROSS YO- FUCK HE BEAT ME TO IT
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You have selected 4 - Death by Snu Snu, please stand by...
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    lucky bastard
    +1
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    hahahaha I'm half way through a bag off my Volcano and my tolerance is way down because I haven't been smoking much lately, so I was a little slow to catch that that was what your angle was 🤣🤣
    +1
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Also I was just excited to know a music reference for once (I am the LAST person in the world that you want on your trivia team)
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Bummer webos 7.4 isnt working with dejavuln-autoroot
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    PS4 right? I think that's what mine's on. Or 5.6, maybe.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    [!] Installation failed (devmode_enabled not recognized)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    0.5 seemed to work whatever lol i wont bitch
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: 0.5 seemed to work whatever lol i wont bitch