Hacking Have you been banned? If so, post here. Wanna see if we can find the source of the problem.

MarzDaindigo

Indigo Marz - No HooX
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Love that a ban stops you from accessing the eshop, thus preventing you potentially buying games in the future. It's almost like Nintendo doesn't want your money.

Ban from online gaming and trading sure, but not allowing you to buy games is rediculous.

No no no we still want your money but spend it on a new switch THEN buy your games, thanks for your continued service

Reactions: achandab
D

Deletedmember448668

People are focusing on CDN being the only cause of ban possibilties, but there can be numerous other ways that they can detect unauthorized system usage. It's like being in the middle of a forest and knowing that a ninja can attack you from any side. I honestly think being 100% safe is not really a possibility, Nintendo has much better security now. And they really love the Switch's success, they aren't gonna be dumb like before with the 3DS and Wiiu.

Personally I'm gonna get a switch and hack, even if it gets banned. In fact I may even intentionally buy a banned switch tablet and do whatever I want with it. I get to spend less money that way on a switch for hacks. At this point its a decision between hacks, or staying legit + online play. You can't expect to enjoy both. I'm choosing to go with hacks because the benefit is far greater than online play to me.
Really all ban does is take away eshop and online play, the only issue i see with this is if you want to play certain game cartridges, some may need updates, being banned could take that away from you. you may need to upgrade firmware as well. Not sure what an actual ban entails.

wicksand420

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does anybody know where on the nand the error logs are kept, might be a good idea to make a homebrew that deletes the error logs for homebrew that has crashed.

D

Deletedmember448668

It's kinda a "fuck you", and understandable if your pirateing, if not, then yea, isnt nice, but also against tos to modify system (I think).
Homebrew isnt "illegal" per se, but ya, you're still breaking Nintendo ToS and it's probably something they dont want you doing to your Switch. I guess that entitles them to ban you if they want, even more so if you're doing something illegal with Homebrew

specht

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
There seems to be a lot of misinformation or misunderstandings of what being banned on Switch with this particular code entails. SQ said on Twitter that Splatoon 2 could still update. That leads me to believe it's like 3DS where eShop and game/firmware updates are still possible but you just can't access your friend list or online features in games.

Edit: Reading more tweets, looks like eshop is inaccessible but apps can still update.

Last edited by specht,

LikeATrollFace

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Does anybody know where on the nand the error logs are kept, might be a good idea to make a homebrew that deletes the error logs for homebrew that has crashed.
From what I could gather from the RS Discord:

ogniK - 22:23
Its in erupts save data iirc
ogniK - 22:25
Mount the save data and just delete the files
Using pegaswitch

ogniK - 22:51
IFileSystem delete
ogniK - 22:52
You need to mount the save data n shit
ogniK - 22:52
You call fsp-srv#1 and you send the pid, then you call MountSaveData which will return an IFileSystem

Reactions: Tonydaexpert
D

Deletedmember448668

There seems to be a lot of misinformation or misunderstandings of what being banned on Switch with this particular code entails. SQ said on Twitter that Splatoon 2 could still update. That leads me to believe it's like 3DS where eShop and game/firmware updates are still possible but you just can't access your friend list or online features in games.

Edit: Reading more tweets, looks like eshop is inaccessible but apps can still update.
Good to know! So that means you can still play games from carts that require updates, if this is true of course

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Ive been downloading from cdn lots and still not banned
ohhhhh you just wait!

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nintendo probably looking at the github of Atmosphere and waiting for its completion. Then BAM, they swing the ban hammer as far and wide as possible.

Also, I know a lot of people aren't on the latest firmware for various reasons. But how could you check if you're banned when you're on a lower firmware?

Nincompoopdo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nintendo probably looking at the github of Atmosphere and waiting for its completion. Then BAM, they swing the ban hammer as far and wide as possible.

Also, I know a lot of people aren't on the latest firmware for various reasons. But how could you check if you're banned when you're on a lower firmware?

That's the thing about open-source, Nintendo can study the code and developed a way to detect CFW users.

Homebrew isnt "illegal" per se, but ya, you're still breaking Nintendo ToS and it's probably something they dont want you doing to your Switch. I guess that entitles them to ban you if they want, even more so if you're doing something illegal with Homebrew

I think Nintendo is more active in banning homebrew users who cheats online than pirates. Pirates didn't harm anybody, cheaters ruined the game for everyone online.

Dracari

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's the thing about open-source, Nintendo can study the code and developed a way to detect CFW users.

I think Nintendo is more active in banning homebrew users who cheats online than pirates. Pirates didn't harm anybody, cheaters ruined the game for everyone online.
it could of led to the first 3DS ban wave but , the whole buisness of Switch blocking eShop, hmmm.. kinda strange how on the 3DS , ID/Account bans you still could access eShop. maybe w/ the explosion freeshop did to the 3DS this is why on the switch eShop access is Completely shut out?

softwareengineer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
At this point its a decision between hacks, or staying legit + online play. You can't expect to enjoy both. I'm choosing to go with hacks because the benefit is far greater than online play to me.

Thanks for saying that which just gave me the BEST IDEA EVERR! :) YES YOU CAN ENJOY BOTH!

You said you have to either not go online and homebrew it, or go online and stay stock. There's another option you didn't consider. We can develop and run our own unsigned code now right? Well instead of having to worry about trying to clear any little trace they might detect you using homebrew and ban you for.

WE BUILD AND CREATE OUR OWN COMPETING HOMEBREW ONLINE SERVICE! AND 1 UP NINTENDO BY MAKING IT FREE INSTEAD OF $20 A YEAR! Re-implement the nintendo online syscalls in custom firmware to instead connect and communicate with our own custom online servers! Let's see who can create the best working netcode! Is it going to be the free and open source community, or will it be nintendo? Nothing wrong with a little friendly competiton! :)

Homebrew games as well could also call into the api to have online functionality working in a standard way!

Who's with me? HOMEBREW/BACKUPS ONLINE SERVICE!

Last edited by softwareengineer,

justinbug2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
this is not my image but it seems like some bans are happening

Attachments

• DdwYnApVAAA3-kb.jpg
    DdwYnApVAAA3-kb.jpg
    155.5 KB · Views: 632

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Jayro @ Jayro: Thanks for that bundle, I had the games already but got all the DLC for them for just $5. What a... +1