Trophies
Website
v4.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States

Video description:

http://wololo.net
Today I [Wololo] fixed a few issues in the Vita implementation of Half Byte Loader, and got Doom (the PSP port) to run :)

This is work in progress and the current plan is to release sometime after the US/EU release of the playstation Vita, assuming that doesn't get patched before.

This is HBL (Half-Byte Loader) running Doom (a homebrew) through PS Vita's psp emulator.

EDIT: Amended Homebrew Loader to Half-Byte Loader (thanks DinohScene!)

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nice work, Wololo. It's awesome to see the Vita already hacked. Piece of shit portable "Device on which I can play Disgaea 3 and Persona 4 on the go" looks like it's gonna get buttfucked by hackers already. ;)

Except this is just using the PSP emulator to run the PSP HBL, which isn't really hacking the system at all. Nothing will come out of the PSP emulator odds are.

Schlupi

Gbatemp's Official Earthbound Maniac™
Trophies
Website
Starmen.net
XP
Country
United States
Nice work, Wololo. It's awesome to see the Vita already hacked. Piece of shit portable "Device on which I can play Disgaea 3 and Persona 4 on the go" looks like it's gonna get buttfucked by hackers already. ;)

Except this is just using the PSP emulator to run the PSP HBL, which isn't really hacking the system at all. Nothing will come out of the PSP emulator odds are.

I'm not even saying I care about playing hacked Vita games. I honestly would just love to see PSP games hacked and playable in the Vita. That's all I care about.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Smells like a PSP backup loader comming up next. If Half Byte's working, I find it hard to believe that it's not on the doorstep already.
Piece of shit portable, looks like it's gonna get buttfucked by hackers already. ;)

As far as I remember, the 3DS's DS Mode was "hacked" a good few hours after its release, so there you go.

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
That DS games will run on the 3DS?
It did from 1st flashcard on.
'Won't be long untill 3DS games can be booted on the 3DS'.

I wasn't talking about PSV games.
I clearly said PSP games.

Yes, but that won't happen. prowler_'s example was poor. There is no way to load PSP games via this, and probably no way to do so at all once the emulator is already started. i.e. a Vita mode hack will probably be needed for PSP piracy on Vita,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Somethings maybe, but drives are rated in hours, so most likely many hours already on them.