Hardware HDD Issue

ThatGamingAirman

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello Guys, Today my Xbox started to freeze on startup so I did a quick google search and ended up finding out the HDD was the issue because it would load fine without it. The only thing I did was download a few games and transfer the dlcs to usb and back to try and get them to work and that’s when the issue began. My questions for you guys today is how did this happen and how should I go about it without having to reinstall all my games and losing my saves?

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
are you sure it's frozen? this is assuming you're using FSD or possibly Aurora. I know FSD2, 3, and Aurora will seemingly freeze on the splash screen if you have hundreds of games, because it's reading the metadata of the indexer. this is normal. I have 700+ games with mine, and it takes about a minute, minute and a half to load the hacked dash.

ThatGamingAirman

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
are you sure it's frozen? this is assuming you're using FSD or possibly Aurora. I know FSD2, 3, and Aurora will seemingly freeze on the splash screen if you have hundreds of games, because it's reading the metadata of the indexer. this is normal. I have 700+ games with mine, and it takes about a minute, minute and a half to load the hacked dash.
Yes I’m not rgh’d and what happens is it boots passed the Xbox logo and freezes before it logs my account in but, without the HDD it loads just fine. Is it actually my account rather than my HDD?

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not sure. you can extract the account with probably party buffalo. it looks like content/0000000000000000/E0000xxxxxxxxxxxx/FFFE07D1

ThatGamingAirman

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not sure. you can extract the account with probably party buffalo. it looks like content/0000000000000000/E0000xxxxxxxxxxxx/FFFE07D1
I’ll try that then because I pulled everything up with horizon just fine so it’s not corrupt (as far as I know) and I’ve had issues with my account before.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you can tell for sure if it's your account by loading it in le fluffie app. it should have your avatar that displays.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
"le fluffie app" it looks like this:

upload_2021-1-31_17-5-34.png

I just realized. I have to run the app as administrator on windows 10, possibly due to it being written on windows 7.

Last edited by godreborn,

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dunno if it's your profile, but I guess you could try it. be careful with party buffalo or xplorer 360, they don't seem to like really large hdds. one of many issues with the 360 hacking scene.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
try that again. I have a transfer cable just for my hdd and my laptop, but it's been so long since I've used it. my internal hdd is 1TB, which is supposed to be problematic for those apps. that's why I transferred the internal hdd via ethernet. I got about 10MBs/s. the transfer speed is much slower than ps3, but I don't have a gigabit card in my system, so it didn't matter. it took about 8 hours, so I had to listen to the fan as I slept.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

upload_2021-1-31_17-25-32.png

ThatGamingAirman

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
try that again. I have a transfer cable just for my hdd and my laptop, but it's been so long since I've used it. my internal hdd is 1TB, which is supposed to be problematic for those apps. that's why I transferred the internal hdd via ethernet. I got about 10MBs/s. the transfer speed is much slower than ps3, but I don't have a gigabit card in my system, so it didn't matter. it took about 8 hours, so I had to listen to the fan as I slept.
Ok, it shows everything fine each time I’ve used it. My HDD is only the stock 250gig and horizon saw everything just fine.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
usually, you get a "fatal crash intercepted" error with those. I lost a 360 hdd a while back, so I've only put the best games on mine that I couldn't get with the ps3.

ThatGamingAirman

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
usually, you get a "fatal crash intercepted" error with those. I lost a 360 hdd a while back, so I've only put the best games on mine that I couldn't get with the ps3.
Usually it gives me an error but still allows me to access everything because it happens as the systems on not as its booting up.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
that is true from my experience. it would only do that when booting the game itself. and, it's a dashlaunch setting as well. you can have the system either freeze or crash the game. crashing the game is probably better for you to know that there's not something catastrophically wrong.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll reformat and have a 3tb raid0 m. 2 at least
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lmao that sold out fast
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeet the cat.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Good idea
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    i thought everybody knew cocktails are like 75% ice
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeah but not like this.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not like they're complaining that their Slurpee is 99% ice or something, but if the cocktail calls for "shot of vodka, shot of vermouth, shot of gin, shot of Campari, three shots of juice, squirt of lemon" and ends up being a thimbleful of booze, that's a problem.
    the funny thing is cocktails in norway are only allowed to have 1 20ml shot of booze
    so..... yeah
    we're used to only having a thimbleful of booze
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Booo.
    same thing if you want whisky on the rocks or something, you can't get a double
    but you could buy as many shots of whisky (or anything else) as you want and ask for a glass of ice and pour them in
    it's dumb
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Maybe.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There was a comparison of the number of Ibuprofen poisonings before and after they limited the maximum dosage per box or per pill (i'll look that up). No limit on the number of boxes you can still buy as many as you want, so people argued it was pointless.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    But the number of (accidental) poisonings dropped because drinking an entire package of ibuprofen pills went from "I need a new liver" to "I need a new box of Ibuprofen".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Here we have ketoprofen that used to be prescription-only because of the risk of toxic dosages, but then they halved the dose per pill and sell them in bottles of six pills apiece instead of twenty and it doesn't need a prescription any more. Yes you can buy more than one bottle but people simply don't.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Usually accidentally overdose of ibuprofen here is from people taking like cold medicine then ibuprofen for a headache and the combination is over what they need
    Veho @ Veho: https://imgur.com/gallery/QQkYnQu