Hacking RELEASE Hekate CTCaer mod v2.3 w/ Fusee kernel patches (LayeredFS support)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TotalJustice

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Reactions: xenofly

DocKlokMan

Plugin Dev
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
NOTE: This is an RCM payload, you would load it using your normal RCM payload method ("TegraRcmSmash_Win64.exe", for example). Without the configuration option found below being added to a Hekate config section, this will act identically to CTCaer's v2.3 payload.

It was getting annoying seeing everyone scramble for a pre-patched kernel, so here's a copy of Hekate with the Fusee kernel patches implemented in it:
https://github.com/TheDgtl/hekate/releases/tag/v2.3-fusee

You will need to add the following line to your hekate_ipl.ini file, right after the list of kip1 files:
fuseepatch=1

This includes the 4.x kernel patch that was committed to fusee today, however I do not have a 4.x console to test on, so it may or may not work. I have tested and verified it is working correctly on 5.1.0.

All other options and such are the same as CTCaer's v2.3 release, he has better docs in the first post here: https://gbatemp.net/threads/rcm-payload-hekate-ctcaer-mod.502604/

I have opened a pull request to CTCaer's version of Hekate, once this has been merged (If it gets merged), I will be closing this thread. Just wanted to get a build out ASAP.

Thanks to @CTCaer for his fork of Hekate, Naehrwert for Hekate itself, and the Atmosphere team for the Fusee kernel patch.

I know, this post is ugly, I'm not expecting it to stick around long, hopefully CTCaer merges it into his release
I can test 4.1.0 later tonight.

Drakia

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

TotalJustice

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
You're missing the "kip1=fs_mitm.kip" line for the "CFW" section. This still requires the mitm module :)

You right, I should’ve noticed that. I’ve added that and now when booting it shows an error code 2001-0119 after the switch logo?

EDIT: Nvm I’m an idiot. My .ini file was completely wrong in the cfw section, it was pointing at the wrong loader and sm.

Sorry about that!

Last edited by TotalJustice,

Drakia

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You right, I should’ve noticed that. I’ve added that and now when booting it shows an error code 2001-0119 after the switch logo?

EDIT: Nvm I’m an idiot. My .ini file was completely wrong in the cfw section, it was pointing at the wrong loader and sm.

Sorry about that!
Oh yeah, totally missed the files in that part were .kip1 instead of .kip like the other section. It's all good, glad it's working for you :)

Reactions: TotalJustice

kruy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ver:4.1.0
Donor: mario odd
Game: mario & rabbit
fusee patch doesn't work,can't boot to get a black screen

my hekate_ipl.ini:
[CFW]
kip1=loader.kip1
kip1=sm.kip1
kip1=fs_mitm.kip
fuseepatch=1

is it right?Thank you~

Drakia

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

my hekate_ipl.ini:
[CFW]
kip1=loader.kip1
kip1=sm.kip1
kip1=fs_mitm.kip
fuseepatch=1

is it right?Thank you~
Based on the compatibility table, that donor/game combination should work. I'm still not 100% sure the 4.1.0 patch I used is correct though, so I'll have to wait for more people to test with that firmware.

kruy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Based on the compatibility table, that donor/game combination should work. I'm still not 100% sure the 4.1.0 patch I used is correct though, so I'll have to wait for more people to test with that firmware.
ok,thank you~
but i can confirm that LayeredFS is working

Don Jon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok,thank you~
but i can confirm that LayeredFS is working
so its working for you on 4.1?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

upload_2018-6-17_23-35-1.png

is this right or i need to put it on cfw and load cfw instead of romfs?

Drakia

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
is this right or i need to put it on cfw and load cfw instead of romfs?
This release is not meant to be used with a "kernel" line define (It actually shouldn't even try loading the patch in that case). You can either replace the kernel= line with the fuseepatch=1 line, or change the [CFW] section to match the "RomFS" section, but with the "kernel" line removed, and fuseepatch=1 added.

no,i mean
[CFW]=>fusee patch doesn't work,
[RomFS]=>kernel patch(4.1.0) is working.
Yeah, sadly I don't have a 4.1.0 base kernel, or the patched kernel to compare it against, and I don't know for sure whether the patch that made it in to Fusee is the same patch that was applied to the pre-patched 4.x kernel.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

For some reason I can't pass a black screen right after trying to boot on my CFW 5.1.0
Make sure all of your kip files are from the same version of atmosphere. You can't just grab an fs_mitm.kip and add it to an old copy of loader/sm

DocKlokMan

Plugin Dev
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You're missing the "kip1=fs_mitm.kip" line for the "CFW" section. This still requires the mitm module :)

Awesome, thanks. I just ported the patch, so I'm hoping it was tested before it got merged to Fusee

my hekate_ipl.ini:
[CFW]
kip1=loader.kip1
kip1=sm.kip1
kip1=fs_mitm.kip
fuseepatch=1

is it right?Thank you~
4.1.0 does not work with this modified payload. Games get stuck on black loading screen whether they are modded or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: because I already got burned out with breath of the wild, which for the most part is essentially...