Hello, GBAtemp

De5pair

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi. Recently, I have obtained CFW on my 3DS using the excellent method with NTRboot and a magnet with assistance of a relative, who is familiar with applying CFW and such on multiple systems. (Needed an already hacked 3DS to apply cfw anyway.)

I've been enjoying the heck out of the mods, save editors, custom themes and other goodies ever since, and with that I have 2 particular questions if it's fine to ask here.

A) As someone who has been playing 3DS for around a year before the original XL came out, will Nintendo be looking to banish me now? Already started disabling sending info to them just in case. I don't ever plan on using warez either way and still going to be paying for everything, but we're talking about the same company who has been using copyright take downs on non-profit fan projects for years.

B) Incase there's any complications that come up, are there ways to externally repair a 3DS with cfw or safely preform system transfers? A bit worried about that since I already had my 3DS replaced by Nintendo before, but that option is obviously gone now.

And with that, I look forward to talking to y'all in the future.

Trophies
Website
harshamohite.com
XP
Country
United States
Hey, @De5pair! Welcome to the 'Temp! Always nice to see a new face around here :D

Lemme try answering your questions.
A.) You should be fine so long as you don't go online. If you do, there's a chance Nintendo could ban you from online services.
B.) I assume you mean physical damage? If that happens, you should be able to transfer out data to another 3DS. If you mean software-related issues, like a bricked system, then someone on the forums should be able to help you out. Ask and ye shall receive!

And with that, I wish you a warm welcome to the greatest underground gaming community on the web! If you'd like, you can peek your head into our official Discord server, too. Don't be a stranger!

giphy.webp

vinstage

sweg
Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, North
A.) You should be fine so long as you don't go online. If you do, there's a chance Nintendo could ban you from online services.
B.) I assume you mean physical damage? If that happens, you should be able to transfer out data to another 3DS. If you mean software-related issues, like a bricked system, then someone on the forums should be able to help you out. Ask and ye shall receive!

Belated welcome to the Temp.

Basically what Halo said in regards to your questions. Avoid going online, however from what you've stated, on how you intend to go about games (paying for them still, unlike some of us here) technically speaking they can't exactly fault you unless you go about hacking your games (save editing, gateway, ntr plugins ect) and using it to your advantage online. You should probably refer to the mass banning massacre that happened a while ago for more info, most picked up things they didn't know even if the mass banning itself didn't apply to them.

You can always ask on GBAtemp, as some users are willing to fix consoles regardless of CFW/software usage ect since they're mostly in the same boat regarding usage.

Enjoy your stay~

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-