Hacking help a dummie out

athenasfortune

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
hi. i kinda found my way here while looking for a way to downgrade my old2ds. i updated said old2ds to 11.4.0-35 which isn't alllowing me to boot homebrew (soundhax). whats the quickest and easiest way for me to downgrade my old2ds. instructions would be great, not the brightest tool.

lone_wolf323

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
hi. i kinda found my way here while looking for a way to downgrade my old2ds. i updated said old2ds to 11.4.0-35 which isn't alllowing me to boot homebrew (soundhax). whats the quickest and easiest way for me to downgrade my old2ds. instructions would be great, not the brightest tool.
Why are you wanting to downgrade your console?

fmkid

Just another GBATemp's random guy
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
There's no actual need of downgrade. You can install CFW on your actual system firmware and in an easy way:

https://3ds.hacks.guide/get-started-(old-3ds)

lone_wolf323

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
i want to be able to launch homebrew, which i can't rn
The homebrew launcher? Its from either a set icon which is set to hb or from the use of the rosalina menu to set a app to the hbl. If your console has no cfw at all right now, then downgrading cannot be done, and downgrading will be reduntant with cfw installed

D

Deleted User

i want to be able to launch homebrew, which i can't rn

If I understand you correctly, it seems you haven't started the process of hacking your Old 2DS.

If that is correct, then I suggest you do on the 3DS Hacks Guide, as your Update Version is still very far from not being able to complete the steps for safecerthax.

athenasfortune

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
If I understand you correctly, it seems you haven't started the process of hacking your Old 2DS.

If that is correct, then I suggest you do on the 3DS Hacks Guide, as your Update Version is still very far from not being able to complete the steps for safecerthax.

what is the correct update version to start the steps for safecerthax

Last edited by athenasfortune,
D

Deleted User

I am unsure of whether I can post links from outside this website, so what I can do is suggest you to Google the keywords:
3DS Hacks Guide.

There is only one major website with that name and it will be the first result on your Search.
Start from its Main Page as it is designed as a Step-by-Step Tutorial, branching for each iteration of the Nintendo 3DS or 2DS the reader might have.

Your route should start with the Get Started button on the very bottom of the page.
Then it should continue by clicking the Picture of the Old 2DS on the bottom-right side of the table.
Next, it should be the bottom-most option on the Version Table, where you can see that your Update Version is actually the first that can benefit from safecerthax.

I hope this starts you off correctly; I've followed all their Steps for my New 3DS XL USA, including converting to B9S when it was necessary, so I can vouch the steps are easy to follow and the best online.

fmkid

Just another GBATemp's random guy
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
I am unsure of whether I can post links from outside this website, so what I can do is suggest you to Google the keywords:
3DS Hacks Guide.
Posting direct links from that site is totally valid (because that guide is also recommended here). Then, no problem with that!

yeah just homebrew

Choose your option, then (but I recommend the second one)

Last edited by fmkid,
Reactions: TurdPooCharger
D

Deleted User

Posting direct links from that site is totally valid (because that guide is also recommended here). Then, no problem with that!

Thank you for the confirmation; I'll use this privilege sparingly in the future.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Ahhhh ok