HELP: How to deal with gangbullying hollows (dark souls)

Creamu

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
Ah, hello there,

I am at my wits end I'm afraid, but after sharing my story perhaps you are able to help me with your insights. In this land brimming with hollows you might have had the same experience I have.

Here you are in Lordran, birthplace of lord Gwyn, seeking your very own sun, but before you know it, hollows are creeping up on you. Turn your back on them and they'll approach, face them and they'll freeze.
20296-2.jpg

They are strange beings, with the aim to bully the weak. Here they find themselves in a weird conundrum, being themselves among the weakest of all.

For this reason they choose to attack single vulnerable targets in groups. Having then the target greatly out numbered, they prefer to surround you. Once they have managed to creep up on you, they pull you into the eternal night, never to be seen again and your dreams of gross incandesence are no more.

Now, it might seem obvious to you what the solution to this is, but allow me to explain what the problem is when you confront them.
20296-3.jpg

Facing them they freeze of course. First they might compliment you for the nice bonfire you have, and what a shame it would be if anything were to happen to it. You appreachiate the kind words and turn in another direction.
20296-4.jpg

Here you, of course, encounter another frozen hollow. He shows his amazement at the number of souls you have with you, and how very unfortunate it would be if you were to lose them. This must be a good day you think, having met two kindhearted hollows in a row. A rather rare occurance.
20296-5.jpg

So you turn in yet another direction and there, another forzen hollow. This one is amazed by the fine and clean white fabric you wear, what a pitty it would be if it were to get dirtied. It is at this point, that you are slowly beginning to question the kindhearted demeanor of these seemingly concerned hollows.
20296.jpg

Having faced a few more increasingly closing in hollows from different directions in a very similar fashion you begin to be seriously creeped out. Summoning a fellow Astorian you fail to demonstrate the approaching danger of these seemingly concered hollows, finding yourself on your own again.
20297-2.jpg

Not able to summon and convince a fellow Astorian you lack the desperatly needed support to counter the outnumbering hollows, which pull you into the endless night.

A preemtive strike would make you the aggressor form the outside perspective, ruling out any support, ensuring your defeat.
20296-1.jpg

Should you somehow manage to overpower them by your sheer will to power, they order in an air strike and you get roasted by the dragons breath. They do this with the hope that it will frighten bystanders enough to avoid retaliation, and that it will be forgotten eventually.

How can one survive such an ordeal?

If you succsessfully expose them they just tell you to leave and build your own Lordran. If you follow up on that they immediatly air strike you.

If this continues none of us will ever find his/her very own sun or even be grossly incandesent themselves. There must be a way for Astora to rise again.

The way I see it, our fates appear to be intertwined. In a land brimming with Hollows, could that really be mere chance? So, what do you say? Why not help one another on this lonely journey?

We are amidst strange beings, in a strange land. I will stay behind, to gaze at the sun. The sun is a wondrous body. Like a magnificent father!
20297.jpg

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

eof

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo