Hacking Help me get Last Ninja 2 running on my friend's Wii.

test84

GBAtemp's last ninja 2.
OP
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Iran
Hi,

I bought Last NInja 2 for my old Wii earlier but now that I don't have it with me, I wanted to play it on a firend's modded Wii. So with knowing exactly nothing about Wii's hack's whereabouts, as he has Homebrew Channel, I got Last Ninja 2's WAD and copied it on a SD card and used that homebrew channel to install it. (it asked on which ISO to load, which I think tried both 250 and 249, non worked) and it installed successfully and made a channel on the Wii's menu but when I try to run it, it says "this channel cannot be used".

(I didn't use Homebrew channel properly I believe beucase when I ran it, it asked to load 2 of .DOL files and I ran one of them randomly, so)

So I googled away but there are tremendous amounts of stuff out there and I'm afraid to brick my friend's console, I just want to play Last Ninja 2 on it.

For this error message some say it's region problem but I don't even know region of this Wii and worse have no idea if it's hardmodded or softmodded because I think I've read that softmodded Wii's are region-free (with RegionFrii?, IDK).

So please help and please be specificas you want and be gory about details and don't use acronyms.

EDIT:
In the setup menu (the one with Wrench icon) on top left it says 4.2E so I think the console's region is PAL and it's firmware is 4.2. Hope that helps.

DeadlyFoez

XFlak Fanboy
Banned
Trophies
Website
DeadlyFoez.zzl.org
XP
Country
United States
Copying a game that you paid for, over to a friends wii so he can get it for free is considered piracy.

I did not follow exactly what you were doing because you did not use proper terminology.

But I will tell you this. You can dump .wad files using bluedump, install them on another wii, but that other wii needs to have a patch SM IOS to run them from the SM, or you will need to launch them through a loader using a loader like wiiflow.

Please don't pirate.

I'm sure other people will have more/better info for you.

DJPlace

going hire Ronald McDonald To Gun Down Nintendo.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
piracy is not allowed here you should just bring your wii to your friends house and play it.

Reactions: 1 person

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd say skip this process and run a rom via C64 emulator (obviously you own the legit tape/disk right :P). The emulator Nintendo uses for these is sometimes iffy, colour problems, sound not being right etc, probably why this game has been removed from the service.

test84

GBAtemp's last ninja 2.
OP
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Iran
I'd say skip this process and run a rom via C64 emulator (obviously you own the legit tape/disk right :P). The emulator Nintendo uses for these is sometimes iffy, colour problems, sound not being right etc, probably why this game has been removed from the service.

Hey Haydrian/Gaydrian, long time no see! I miss you guys sooooo much. *sighs*

-=-=-

back to the topic, I have HBC and when I run it, it first asks to choose one of two .DOL files and after that, wants to load sevaral IOS files that have numbers after them, should I choose one specific IOS file for Last Ninja 2?

Is it possible that I downloaded a wrong WAD file, for example US region? Or this Wii is region free? (because I believe it's softmoded).

EDIT:

I tried FreeTheWad but it loads a black screen. :/

It's strange that the same WAD manager can load several WAD files and make channels with them and they work fine, namely Castlevania Rebirth, but Last Ninja 2 says that errror message.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: 11.0 hack is great if you got a webos tv