Help Modding Nier Automata (PC mod on Switch)

ShadoGiow

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hi guys, I have covid and I'm at home bored, so I tried to apply PC mod to the Switch version.
Sorry for my bad english, now i'm about to wrote what i found.

I've extracter all the RomFs file and almost all the data are stored on the root of romfs inside some .cpk files.
With a rapid research I found many tools for extracting and repack this files, so i've unpacked the "data100.cpk", because inside are stored the "pl" folder with all the files for modding the character models.
I've succesfully switched files inside this pl folder and repacked everything using this software called "Alpha Localization Team CPK Tools" and put this .cpk inside the correct path for layeredfs (atmosphere/contents/010380830blabla/romfs) inside my sd card.

Unfortunately, when I try to start the game, it runs fine on the main menu, but when I start the game it loads endlessly.

What's the problem here? Different size for the data100.cpk? No compression models/texture for the switch version? Something changed about some coding for this file?

What's your thoughs?
Have a nice day

UPDATE: I've just found a tool created for exatcly this purpose, called "NieRExplorer.exe", and it's a lot easier because you can directly replace files without extracting/repacking, but nothing changed,

Last edited by ShadoGiow,

l7777

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi guys, I have covid and I'm at home bored, so I tried to apply PC mod to the Switch version.
Sorry for my bad english, now i'm about to wrote what i found.

I've extracter all the RomFs file and almost all the data are stored on the root of romfs inside some .cpk files.
With a rapid research I found many tools for extracting and repack this files, so i've unpacked the "data100.cpk", because inside are stored the "pl" folder with all the files for modding the character models.
I've succesfully switched files inside this pl folder and repacked everything using this software called "Alpha Localization Team CPK Tools" and put this .cpk inside the correct path for layeredfs (atmosphere/contents/010380830blabla/romfs) inside my sd card.

Unfortunately, when I try to start the game, it runs fine on the main menu, but when I start the game it loads endlessly.

What's the problem here? Different size for the data100.cpk? No compression models/texture for the switch version? Something changed about some coding for this file?

What's your thoughs?
Have a nice day

UPDATE: I've just found a tool created for exatcly this purpose, called "NieRExplorer.exe", and it's a lot easier because you can directly replace files without extracting/repacking, but nothing changed,
I'm going to guess the PC and Switch use different formats. Check out the pl000d.dtt file from the dump and the modified ones and you'll see the switch models are completely different from the PC ones. I used the Noesis tool from below:
https://niermodding.com/res/automata/tools

Perhaps a conversion can be done but that's beyond my knowledge.

The NieR modding discord has a Switch channel. PC mods are not direct replacements for Switch. It's unclear whether they can be converted or if they need to be rebuilt by the author but it is being looked into.

Last edited by l7777,
Reactions: ShadoGiow

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nqw6t28P9po