Hacking Help; RLOD

VyperS_702

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
RLOD is tricky. If the system has never had it before, you can try opening it and cleaning everything. When you have the motherboard cleaned I put it on some wood blocks on top of a griddle and “cook” it at 350F for 20 minutes. After I use a heat gun and blow hot air directly on the cpu/GPU for about 2 minutes, then let it sit over the griddle for another 10. Finally I place the motherboard (still on the blocks) in the oven which was preheated to 350 and turn the oven off. This lets it cool down very slowly. When rebuilding the PS3 I use arctic silver 5 for thermal paste. Put the whole thing back together and hopefully it worked.

If the system has had RLOD before you can try the same thing but the chances of success are lower. If this fails your only other option is to try reballing the GPU... or just buy another PS3 from LetGo and start over.

D

Deleted User

i HAVE A PS3 WITH REBUG CFW IT HAS RLOD
WHAT TO DO?

Let me guess CECHL01?

Its fixable and don't do what was mentioned in earlier post

To be clear RLOD or YLOD?

Red light of death will show a red screen on TV

YLOD ps3 turns on then shuts off

Last edited by ,

VyperS_702

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Let me guess CECHL01?

Its fixable and don't do what was mentioned in earlier post

To be clear RLOD or YLOD?

Red light of death will show a red screen on TV

YLOD ps3 turns on then shuts off
I assumed the OP meant YLOD as RLOD and YLOD are often intermingled. I have about an 80% recovery rate of PS3 YLOD with the above method. If you know of a better method please let me know. I have 5 PS3 A’s with it I haven’t yet opened and I would like to save all of them.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: and the lightning is frequent, so my power will most likely go out