Homebrew Homebrew app Help Using Gamepad with WiiFlow

iamairhair

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, I just tested my different forwarders on the Wii U Menu; both Nintendont and USB Loader HAVE Gamepad support, but USB Loader still doesn't detect any of my games. Nintendont, however, detects all of the GameCube games on the card.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
could you provide me the boot.dol? I'll check if the sd card is working as well as the gamepad on my end.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

and the meta.xml or just zip the entire folder, so I can check it out.

iamairhair

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
could you provide me the boot.dol? I'll check if the sd card is working as well as the gamepad on my end.

and the meta.xml or just zip the entire folder, so I can check it out.
Here ya go.

Attachments

• usbloader_gx.zip
    8.8 MB · Views: 117

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
no, it's 1271. it's slightly different from the one I'm using. gamepad still doesn't work, but cube games on the sd card do. also, you do have wii games disabled btw. maybe it's the nintendont version that's the problem with the gamepad. could you send me your nintendont?

iamairhair

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
no, it's 1271. it's slightly different from the one I'm using. gamepad still doesn't work, but cube games on the sd card do. also, you do have wii games disabled btw. maybe it's the nintendont version that's the problem with the gamepad. could you send me your nintendont?

Attachments

• nintendont.zip
    1,016.6 KB · Views: 108

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nope, gamepad still doesn't work through usb loader gx.

does the usb loader gx forwarder ask if you want to use the gamepad?

iamairhair

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got it working with a forwarder I made for it, emulating the Gamepad as a classic controller, but that only fixed the Gamepad issue. The game issue still stands. Also, the Wii box being unticked isn't my doing. It's always unticked when I boot it, and when I try ticking it, it gives me the USB Device error from earlier.

nope, gamepad still doesn't work through usb loader gx.

does the usb loader gx forwarder ask if you want to use the gamepad?
It does, yes.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mine does not. I will probably leave it as is, since I really don't want that message popping up every time, and I have nintendont that does it.

btw, I looked at your global config, and the location for cube games is correct, so I have no idea what's wrong. I just noticed that wii games were deselected in the list of what to display. I don't think you can play wii games from an sd card though.

iamairhair

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mine does not. I will probably leave it as is, since I really don't want that message popping up every time, and I have nintendont that does it.

btw, I looked at your global config, and the location for cube games is correct, so I have no idea what's wrong. I just noticed that wii games were deselected in the list of what to display. I don't think you can play wii games from an sd card though.
Alright. I'm buying a USB stick soon, so hopefully that'll show more results than the SD card does.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
don't use a usb stick. that often results in a black screen with the wii u, not enough power gets to the device while also acting as a data transfer mechanism.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
western digital in general is pretty good. you probably only need a 1TB drive. I have over 700 games on one with about 90GBs of space left. though, that includes wiiware/vc as well.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yes, I have the 2TB elements for the wii u side of the console. I've never had to replace it since I got the console about a year after its release.

it will need a y cable though, because it's unpowered.

iamairhair

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yes, I have the 2TB elements for the wii u side of the console. I've never had to replace it since I got the console about a year after its release.

it will need a y cable though, because it's unpowered.
Do I buy one on Amazon? It doesn't look like it comes with one.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you can or ebay. they're usually pretty generic, so I don't really think one would be better than another. whatever is cheapest will probably be fine. I play my wii u about 5 days a week, and I have my wii u hdd connected to an extension cable to a y cable, and I've never had a problem. the hdd and the wii u are on opposite sides of my entertainment center actually.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
So, you can use the Gamepad on Gamecube games when launched from a WiiVC injected with USBLoaderGX ?

I think it has to do with some settings in TeconMoon's injector. There were different settings related to the gamepad, I never knew which one to use.

About the other issue I talked earlier with recent versions of nintendont, Pedro and I made a patch for nintendont, in order to force gamepad to Player1 when using autoboot, or else it's disabled completely.
But it's not a proper fix yet, forcing settings is never a good solution.

Last edited by Cyan,

iamairhair

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, you can use the Gamepad on Gamecube games when launched from a WiiVC injected with USBLoaderGX ?

I think it has to do with some settings in TeconMoon's injector. There were different settings related to the gamepad, I never knew which one to use.

About the other issue I talked earlier with recent versions of nintendont, Pedro and I made a patch for nintendont, in order to force gamepad to Player1 when using autoboot, or else it's disabled completely.
But it's not a proper fix yet, forcing settings is never a good solution.
I can’t play GameCube games, or Wii games at all from USB Loader. The gamepad works as a Classic Controller on it, so I can navigate the menus and whatnot. I can’t test any games due to them not showing up in the first place.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iIpfWORQWhU