Hacking Help with 3DS Gateway Blue Card error.

hexcode99

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi,

I just purchased a USA 3DS XL running 4.4.0-10U firmware and a 3DS Gateway a few weeks ago from RealHotStuff.com. After reading a few guides and watching a few videos, I downloaded the Gateway software and copied the needed files to a generic 2GB MicroSD card and inserted it into the Blue Gateway card and then into the 3DS XL. But when I run it from the 3DS menu, I get a black screen for a few seconds and then a message on the bottom screen saying an error as occurred and to hold the start button to power off the system.

Any thoughts as to what might be the problem or what to try?

(tried formatting MicroSD card in Fat and Fat32, but same error).

Thanks

twig123

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sounds like you are missing a step of copying the 'launcher.dat' file to the SD Card (not MicroSD).

I just recently got my GW3DS as well, and these are the steps I had to take:

1. Format MicroSD as Fat32 (if it isn't already)
2. Download the firmware for the GW3DS card from Gateway's site here
3. Copy contents of the "Blue Card (R4i)" folder to the root of the MicroSD
4. Copy contents of the "GW Release_v1.2" folder to the root of your SD card (*not* MicroSD)
5. Insert SD Card into the 3DS and the MicroSD into the Blue labeled GW3DS card
6. Power the 3DS on and run the game it shows to start the Gateway Installer
(The 3DS will auto-reboot after it is installed)
7. Flash a ROM to a MicroSD and insert into the Red labeled GW3DS card
8. Enjoy

Note: If you power off the 3DS or the game does appear you will need to do the following steps:
On the 3DS go to Settings -> Other settings -> Profile -> Nintendo DS Profile -> {3DS Reboots and your game should appear}

Note 2: If you play a standard DS game, you will need to start this process over

hexcode99

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Got the same an error has occurred message. It might not like my no-name generic 2GB MicroSD card or the Lexar 4GB Class4 SDHC card.
Could you recommend a known working MicroSD and SDHC brands sold on newegg or amazon?

burboss

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
the same thing for the blue card
in the root you must have :
_rpg folder
dsmenu.dat
gw_installer

not (bluecardr4i) folder

edit
see a game when you insert the blue card?

hexcode99

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
see a game when you insert the blue card?

Yes. But when I run it from the 3DS menu, I get a black screen for a few seconds and then a message on the bottom screen saying an error as occurred and to hold the start button to power off the system.

hexcode99

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I also have a Japanese 3DS that I have been trying to sell with firmware Ver 4.1.0-8J. Just for the hell of it I un-boxed it and tried using the same MicroSD and SD memory cards that I had been trying with my USA Ver. 4.4.0-10U 3DS XL. And guess what? It loaded up into the Blue Card Gateway Installer on the first try. Why would this happen?

burboss

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I also have a Japanese 3DS that I have been trying to sell with firmware Ver 4.1.0-8J. Just for the hell of it I un-boxed it and tried using the same MicroSD and SD memory cards that I had been trying with my USA Ver. 4.4.0-10U 3DS XL. And guess what? It loaded up into the Blue Card Gateway Installer on the first try. Why would this happen?

try clean the contact of 3ds
try format the 3ds

luibee

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi guys. Please help me playing DS games with the blue card.
I enter something so called "deep babyrynth" and I got an error saying "can not open ds_menu.dat".
I assume I didnt have this file on my mSD card. Where can I find it? and do I need any other files?
Thank you.

ps: Im using n3ds fw 9.0U. I play 3ds roms with red card normally.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=0HUC3gnPMZs&pp=ygUXTWVtY2FyZCBwcm8gMSwgMiBhbmQgZ2M%3D